XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunkins

Grand adventurer of the couch
Registered
Reaction score
Woke up with gnarly hip pain again. Had to wake hubs to help me do things. Also the kids woke up at 4.
:e2bummed:
Hate pain.

I only slept about 3 hours last night, but have no good reason for it.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I've been sleeping way too much lately. Not having the kidlets around has not been a good thing.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welp, it's been a ghost town 'round these here parts (the office) this week. But at least the lights are on the "holiday timer", so I have to reactivate them every 30 minutes instead of every 2 hours.

Thankfully, it seems I'm way more productive when no one is around. Go figure.

Anywho, morning gang. Whut up?

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
The agency I work at will be closing on Jan. 2, and whole team is moving to another agency, about 35 minutes commute. It'll make my online presence even less predictable. :(

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The agency I work at will be closing on Jan. 2, and whole team is moving to another agency, about 35 minutes commute. It'll make my online presence even less predictable. :(

Shoot. Just when we were getting used to seeing your sparkles dance around Cantina 4.0, too.

*has a sad*

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
I haz a sad too. :(

(It still amazes me how much I love this place, and how much I hate to be away.)

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Morning peoples

Hope it gets better TJ, getting woken up with pain is the worst

Visit as often as you can Sara!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haz a sad too. :(

This will not stand!!!

Behold the influx of happy (and randomly humorous)!

BEHOLD!

funny-pictures-happy-recharge-grey-kitten.jpg

m32%2520funny%2520sign.jpg

funny-pictures-non-conformist-bird.jpg

funny.jpg

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Happy is complete. :D

I am in less pain as I took some ibuprofen and then slowly started moving around. I'll have to tell hubs that there will be no adult reindeer games tonight. :( I think that's what set it off last night. :D

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I almost never write reviews; I've only done it once, I think. I let my rating for a book speak for that. As for cataloging my books, I am not even trying; there are too many. I just picked up at the point where I joined Goodreads, when I remember to do it.

I got onto GoodReads because I was angsting about some reviews of steampunk art books I had posted on Amazon -- they were positive, upbeat, glowing reviews, but some person or persons immediately voted them unhelpful (A couple of them did mildly observe a dearth of female artists and people of color. That's the only thing I can think of that wasn't 100% admiring about them. But even the review which was nothing but good got an instant "get off the island" vote, maybe because the other two came first? I dunno.).

While I was wondering aloud what I had done wrong and what constituted a good book review, some friends here brought up GoodReads, about which I had been hearing bits and bobs over time.

So I went over and joined. I never meant to make a big thing of book reviews, but sometimes I feel I have to say why I think a book works well, or doesn't, and what information about it people might find of use. I do try to be honest anyway. I like the idea of being able to help people find books they'd like or find really useful, and it bothers me if people don't find my work helpful.

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I never meant to make a big thing of book reviews, but sometimes I feel I have to say why I think a book works well, or doesn't, and what information about it people might find of use. I do try to be honest anyway. I like the idea of being able to help people find books they'd like or find really useful, and it bothers me if people don't find my work helpful.

If it makes you feel any better, the few reviews I've ever done mostly consist of: "Words am pretty," and "It were on a books!"

I do, however, like to read the reviews of my friends since they have waaaay more talent insight into what makes a story work.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Happy is complete. :D

I am in less pain as I took some ibuprofen and then slowly started moving around. I'll have to tell hubs that there will be no adult reindeer games tonight. :( I think that's what set it off last night. :D

You mean like Toss the Ring on the Antlers?
Elk, Elk, Reindeer?
Or my personal favorite...
Reindeer in the Workshop?

Hope you're feeling better soon. xx Have you tried muscle relaxants? I was in a bad car accident a few years ago (side swiped by a garbage truck) and both my hips tend to pop out of place every now and again. The chiropractor I went to gave me some amazing muscle relaxants that really helped during the bad nights.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Insomnia kicked my tail last night. No idea if I slept at all or just drifted in that aware/relaxed state most of the night.

TJ hope the hip feels better. Is it those exercises that is making it act up or.... ummm something else? lol

I'm on goodreads sometimes, mainly to apply for free books and post reviews. Been getting some from different authors so GR, Amazon, and B&N is where I post them along with on the #sffwrtcht blog or my own.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
If it makes you feel any better, the few reviews I've ever done mostly consist of: "Words am pretty," and "It were on a books!"

I do, however, like to read the reviews of my friends since they have waaaay more talent insight into what makes a story work.

Well, most of my reviews are nonfiction. But if ever you need information about a steampunk art book, I hope my reviews will help. :)

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
I want coffee.

And chocolate.

And something which I can't say but a certain Cantinanite will know because we've talked about it and he wants it too.

Hmmm. I wonder if this will turn into a New Years wish list? :Wha:

Status
Not open for further replies.