Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Sounds like she was awesome.

Cheers :eek:

In other news, has everyone repped Medi? Change begins with YOU.

or you know, with me. Because thats at least the third time I've used that emoticon in the Cantina :tongue

;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do I not wanna know? :/

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, has everyone repped Medi? Change begins with YOU.

Repped medi for what?

huh.gif

Deleted member 42

Here u r. It's not on the smiley list here.

Run it by Mac, but if she's OK with it (and I don't expect she won't) I'll add it.

It doesn't look like there's a copyright on it.

But standardize on what you want it called, exactly.

Gaah, right?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd go with :gah: I like simple :)

Now, everyone rep storm Mac :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Testing :gah: :Gah: :Gaah:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*slides Medi and Mac a magic glass*

Enjoy whatever you desire, on us. Just wish for it and it appears. Just stay focused. Scrambled tentacles and ramps aren't pretty...

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com

:gaah Yay for fen. Changing the Cantina for the better one :gaah at a time.

How are you all? I would epic multiquote, but I'll leave that to Psycho for the moment. Finally packed :D Up at 5am tomorrow, but after the four hour drive, I'll finally be done :D

Which is great, because it's been a week of :gaah

How is everyone?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm okay. Finding it hard to focus lately. Very scattered. I think it's stress from the dayjob situation. I need to get back to the gym... that would help a lot.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
My personal experience with my fellow humans drives me to assume that everybody is mean, and doesn't like me, until proven otherwise. Sad, but effective.

It is sad. I must, begging 10's pardon, be a bit of a Pollyanna, because I assume everyone likes me - or at least will do, once I open my mouth (I'm a fat chick, and sometimes people pre-judge that fat=stupid or unkind. Silly people!) - and that most people aren't really bad. I've only been proven wrong a couple of times in adulthood (kids don't count because they're chaotic neutral), but those people were jerks anyway.

It sucks, the way the world can turn us hard sometimes. My hardness only tends to come out in a crisis... I remember my own dad called me a cold-hearted bitch when my mom was sick, but toughening up was the only way I could cope, day-to-day. I still have that tendency; when a situation is threatening me or a person presses just the right buttons, I just turn cold fish. A couple of co-workers - who know me as rather a clown - said they were a bit scared of me for a while recently while I was going through a rough patch in the office. I don't like to scare people. :(

Wow, sad news about Whitney Houston.

It is... But, cold fish here again, she did it to herself. You can talk about fame and artistic temperament all you want, but the fact remains that she chose to cope in completely the wrong way, despite knowing what drugs, alcohol and smoking would do to her. She was never stupid... She just chose to ignore the obvious consequences. :(

Up at 5am tomorrow, but after the four hour drive, I'll finally be done :D

Which is great, because it's been a week of :gaah

:yessmiley I'm glad it's nearly over, Sian! (whoa... I accidentally typed your name REALLY badly, like with punctuation, and the iPad corrected it correctly. :e2thud:)

Best of luck with the drive tomorrow.

Whatever I desire "on us"? Whipped cream and butterscotch?

To quote an old friend from high school: "Dude, that sounds totally perberted." To which I would always answer, "Yes. Yes, it does." *superhero pose*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It sucks, the way the world can turn us hard sometimes. My hardness only tends to come out in a crisis... I remember my own dad called me a cold-hearted bitch when my mom was sick, but toughening up was the only way I could cope, day-to-day. I still have that tendency; when a situation is threatening me or a person presses just the right buttons, I just turn cold fish. A couple of co-workers - who know me as rather a clown - said they were a bit scared of me for a while recently while I was going through a rough patch in the office. I don't like to scare people. :(

See, this is default mode for me. If a stranger is meeting me, he's meeting "cold and aloof" me. Here in the Cantina you all are getting the "at home with my family" me, ie, smartass and silly and sometimes a little vulnerable and needy.

I don't mind at all scaring people. Some people just need (or deserve) to be scared or intimidated.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Bettie!

A good day yesterday got off to a bad start, when the train Waylander and I were on for the T Party workshop sat on the track for half an hour outside Surbiton. So we were late for the workshop and missed the opening of IdiotsRUs's new novel being critted. And got to meet Crunchyblanket - I don't think we scared her off!

Then on to our annual social, and I think that was the first time I've ever met, spoken to and shaken the hand of a Booker Prizewinning novelist. (Ben Okri, who as it turns out was a friend of one of our number.)

Back to earth this morning, and I didn't sleep very well so won't be going out to see War Horse this afternoon - I'll save that for next weekend. Back to work tomorrow, <sigh>

Hope everyone is well.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Yep, still no sun, still freezing :gaah

The drinks dispenser has been affected by all the hawtness around here and is only doing peppermint hot chocolate with a dash of tequila this morning. Actually, that sounds quite good, make mine a double.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I thought of a hilarious scene for my new WIP last night. If only I could get back to writing!

Also, I had a dream about Eliiiiiiijah. :heart:

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I'm okay. Finding it hard to focus lately. Very scattered. I think it's stress from the dayjob situation. I need to get back to the gym... that would help a lot.

I know it helps some people, but I find that excersice is the worst thing I can do for stress. My mind just runs off and menaces me. I end up thinking too much.

It does help if I'm ansty however.

:yessmiley I'm glad it's nearly over, Sian! (whoa... I accidentally typed your name REALLY badly, like with punctuation, and the iPad corrected it correctly. :e2thud:)

Best of luck with the drive tomorrow.

Thank you :) And: :Jaw: Your ipad knows my name? That's a first :D

Hi.

I thought of a hilarious scene for my new WIP last night. If only I could get back to writing!

Also, I had a dream about Eliiiiiiijah. :heart:

Who is Eliajah, and where can I get pictures?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's Betties bday??

Happy birfday Bettie!

Eye, that sounds awesome. I haz a jealous.

We got plenty more snow here and it might not all melt. Apropriately, I dreamt I took a weekend flight to the Virgin Islands. It was grand, and on the way back I realized I had enough miles for another trip which I would take before winter was up.

Then I woke up.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I WILL ALWAYS MULTI-QUOTE YOU

I had a dream about a kid who wanted to be a whale, and got plastic surgery.

Also some of the characters from How I Met Your Mother were there, making out. Yeah it was weird.

I, sarcastic one, am a wise and sane Ghost Horse.

Have I told you about my av? Her name was Zoomer and we had many good times. She only nearly killed me three or a dozen times. But only one of those required an MRI.

But aside from that we spent lots of time cruising through fields, and forest, looking for adventure. She pulled me in a kiddie sled once. And when I had to write a mounted battle scene and go out and see how a sword might hit a rider's leg and horse's shoulder.

And then she left me :(
She sounds like the most awesome horse a girl could ask for.

Wow, sad news about Whitney Houston.
:(

Happy birthday, Bettie!

A good day yesterday got off to a bad start, when the train Waylander and I were on for the T Party workshop sat on the track for half an hour outside Surbiton. So we were late for the workshop and missed the opening of IdiotsRUs's new novel being critted. And got to meet Crunchyblanket - I don't think we scared her off!

Then on to our annual social, and I think that was the first time I've ever met, spoken to and shaken the hand of a Booker Prizewinning novelist. (Ben Okri, who as it turns out was a friend of one of our number.)

Back to earth this morning, and I didn't sleep very well so won't be going out to see War Horse this afternoon - I'll save that for next weekend. Back to work tomorrow, <sigh>

Hope everyone is well.
Oooooh sounds like fun! Was it a convention or something? Whatever it was sounds epic.

Morning folks. Okay it's actually afternoon but... meh. I have to go and get shopping today. I hate shopping. And I hate the city centre. :gaah

Anyone wanna go for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.