zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Big Dog is still ill. He has more spunk and pep, and wants food super bad, but he's still having vomiting issues. He has held down water this morning so we're close to having him try some spoonfuls of lean beef/rice.

I'm hoping he pulls through. Vet gave him anti-vomiting meds. If we can get him to hold down his food, I think he has a good chance.

Was wondering how Big Dog was, and glad to hear things are at least moving in the right direction.

FWIW, my Big Dog has huge digestive issues, and I found that canned chunk chicken goes down softest when she's havin' a bout.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, CobraMrsFit and I are watching one of those tattoo shows.

Can't. Turn. Away.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
So why do you people keep GOING THERE? Huh?

(vaguely embarrassed) I've never actually been to Goodreads. Not sure I entirely know what it is, other than what I can guess from the name and context. Figure it's probably better if I keep away. (-:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hot pink? It burnsss us.

Srsly. Go blue.

In other news i r officially depressed. Stupid job.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
www.goodreads.com It's a book review/recommendation site. You sign on, friend other people, and then start inputting books you've read. You tell that you've read it, rate it, maybe give a review if you want. Your friends all do the same thing.

Periodically, Goodreads sends you an email, telling you what your friends have said about the books they've read, and your friends receive emails about the reviews you've made.

The idea is supposedly to give you recommendations of books you might enjoy reading. What it is in truth? A whole new level of timesuck. Goodreads is a nefarious plot by Chtulhu cultists to eat up all your time reading books and spending money at Amazon.com. Because Amazon is a money-suck the way Goodreads is a timesuck.

and btw: my i.d. on Goodreads is the same as it is here.

I'm mostly using it to catalogue my books. I haven't done much with the social aspects yet.

I'm here on GoodReads.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*waits for cookie*

*preferably warm from the oven*

Once, I was checking into a hotel late at night. The lobby smelled like cookies. The lady took my credit card, gave me my key, and then opened a panel in the wall and extracted fresh, hot cookies. It was, hands-down, the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. Well, second-best maybe.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I would have soul kissed that woman....

and probably got thrown out, but not before I wolfed down that cookie, not to mention, knowing where they were kept, I would have instigated a full on Tom-Cruise-Mission-Impossible to achieve more hot fresh warm cookies, all w/o discovery or touching the floor.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
It was a Doubletree wasn't it? That's their thing.

I think it was a Hilton, actually. However, *makes note to stay at more Doubletrees*

I would have soul kissed that woman....

and probably got thrown out, but not before I wolfed down that cookie, not to mention, knowing where they were kept, I would have instigated a full on Tom-Cruise-Mission-Impossible to achieve more hot fresh warm cookies, all w/o discovery or touching the floor.

Bettie, I'm going to save up frequent flier miles just to send you to Seattle so that I can witness this. :)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Once, I was checking into a hotel late at night. The lobby smelled like cookies. The lady took my credit card, gave me my key, and then opened a panel in the wall and extracted fresh, hot cookies. It was, hands-down, the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. Well, second-best maybe.

Ooh, you must have stayed at a Doubletree.

My kids LOVE that chain.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

It was a Doubletree wasn't it? That's their thing.

Ooh, you must have stayed at a Doubletree.

My kids LOVE that chain.

Just adding my love to the Doubletree. They're owned by Hilton, and their cookies are flipping awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.