XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Now you know, I wondered that. Or perhaps, it's just random cake handout time.

There was no particular reason to give Bettie cake. It just made me smile. Randomness is fun.

Here, you can have some cake, too.

:Cake::e2coffee:

(it's coffee cake)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It's okay Tens it's a big E-Ze Freeze. There's plenty of room for Ed AND the boys.

I've installed a new unit down in the basement, BTW. In case this one overflows with The Hawt.

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Someone come write these words for me so I can go be a bum and read all day. :)

Can't. I'm reading something called Banshee Charmer. I dunno...you may not have heard of it. :tongue

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But the fact is, this is one of the few horror shows I've seen that actually scares me from time to time.

This is how I got hooked. I was literally only 24 hrs back in the country after living overseas, in the B&B we stayed in waiting for the apartment to be ready. I turn on the TV, and there was a summer rerun of the first season episode with the painting.

You know, the one with the little girl ghost?

Yeah, it was creepy. And I was hooked, precisely because I hadn't seen anything that creepy on tv in a long, long time.

:D

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.

Besides, it was pretty clear it was subconscious on your part.

Oh I dunno, I think it was pretty conscious. I mean, look at that soft green skin, that cute little tail, that... Wait. Cobra looks like his avatar, right? RIGHT?

Oh, and you dropped your sign. Here, :sarcasm:

I like to think that, being English, I don't need to announce the fact that I'm being sarcastic :p

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
This is how I got hooked. I was literally only 24 hrs back in the country after living overseas, in the B&B we stayed in waiting for the apartment to be ready. I turn on the TV, and there was a summer rerun of the first season episode with the painting.

You know, the one with the little girl ghost?

Yeah, it was creepy. And I was hooked, precisely because I hadn't seen anything that creepy on tv in a long, long time.

Yes, their hotness aside, Supernatural is a badass show. I <3 it, so much.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I like to think that, being English, I don't need to announce the fact that I'm being sarcastic :p

:roll::brit

Randomness is fun.

Here, you can have some cake, too.

Whoa! Random cake! Cool!! Thank you very much.

Guys, did you know in England on Saturdays there's nothing but football on all afternoon? I mean soccer football not fake American football.

Seriously. We've spent all afternoon lying in bed watching one match after another.

This would be more fun if I actually liked football...
Gosh! Life hasn't changed since I did that in 1996. When I think of all that time I wasted and all those tortilla chips I ate.

Right, that's it. I am turning on the word processor.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
My one regret in life so far, real regret, is that I was considered not to be clever enough to understand Shakespeare at school and so they stuck me in a lower English class and I didn't get to study *adopts superhero voice* 'literature'. Fortunately, this means I missed Jane Austin. Sadly, it also means I missed Shakespeare and any explanation thereof. So no Hamlet, no Rosencrantz and Guilderstern and it took me quite a long time to understand the joke in the Terry Pratchett book, and I still don't get all the references in Jim Butcher. The irony of this is that between leaving school as a pupil and returning as a teacher, they changed the curriculum and now every darned kid 'has' to study Shakespeare. One day I will find someone who can explain this mystery of the English language to me but at the moment I remain lost. *Pouts* :(

The best way to understand Shakespeare is to see the plays. They were meant to be visual. Reading them is hard because it's not the way we naturally digest plays.

I'm rather fond of the Kenneth Branagh movie versions of things. Much Ado About Nothing is fun. I haven't seen his Hamlet, though. I adore his Henry V.

Also, if there are any theater productions of the plays in your area (I mean, goodness, you live in England, don't you? Someone's gotta be doing Shakespeare there!) go see them live.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I feel like a woman today. The cutlery draw rail holders broke. I just happened to have a spare set of holders, so I fixed them. In my kitty PJs. *holds up screwdriver in triumph!*

I really should go shovel the driveway. That does not make me feel womanly, though... just cold and cranky.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
*holds up screwdriver in triumph!*

Cool, well done. You might want to use a shovel rather than a screwdriver for the drive though, just sayin'.

Thank you for your Shakespeare ideas. I live down the road from a rather crummy theatre, I have no idea what they do - well, plays obviously, but what sort I dunno. :e2shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.