Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
No coffee? YES! I'm not alone anymore! i don't drink coffee, either; it does weird things to my heart.

BTW: i'm stealing your avatar for my facebook status. Such a nice counterpoint to the glurge my daughters post.

*high five* The non-coffee drinkers must stick together.

I visited out-of-town writer friends last weekend. They were horrified that I was fine with water or juice before 9 a.m. "Yes, really," was uttered frequently.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Quote of the Day.....

"The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.

To him...
a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.

Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create - - - so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating."
-Pearl Buck-

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
The bookshelves would be nicer if I had books from all of you on them :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I am having the most bizarre progress on the short story I'm writing at the moment. I get 300, maybe 400 words in. Then I stop and stare at it for an hour or three. Not looking at anything in particular and not stuck; I'm just vegging out, or reading what I've written. Then I start writing again, getting another three or four hundred words.

i don't normally work like this; usually I write in solid blocks. Not these fits and starts. It's weird. But progress is progress, I suppose.

:e2yawn:

And with that, I'm off to bed. My brain is so fried, I can barely get this sentence typed.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe your writing mode is morphing.

My favorite mode is write a few hundred words, then walk away and think about it:
a) does this make internal sense?

b) what comes next?

c)how would other characters react?

For me, it seems a more organic process.

(or maybe you're just not as eager to write this tale as you thought you were)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
World Order

No, this is not a conspiracy post.

Recently these guys have been showing up on TV here in Japan. Japanese television loves showing people who have become popular in America. I don't know how popular they have become, since I live in Japan and my only contact with American pop culture is, uh, forum critters like you nice folks.

Anyway, I just watched these guys here on TV and googled them to see a little more. The thing that was most entertaining for me was the complete lack of reaction of the people in New York.

Since I'm a small town boy and have never been to New York, I got a kick out of watching the passers by more than the dancers. I thought maybe someone here might get a kick out of it, too.

Genki Sudo, the leader, used to be one of those K1 guys. K1 being that sport where a bunch of guys get in a ring and beat the crap out of each other or something. Never watched it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDOPNLzEFH0

(If I have broken any AW rules by posting this link, please let me know and I'll fix it and refrain from doing so in future.)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, no rules broken.

:D

Reminds me a little, movement-wise, of the Talking Heads. I have not, however, ever heard of them before.

But I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of pop-culture.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sci-fi-fantasy-coexist.jpg

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe your writing mode is morphing.

My favorite mode is write a few hundred words, then walk away and think about it:
a) does this make internal sense?

b) what comes next?

c)how would other characters react?

For me, it seems a more organic process.

(or maybe you're just not as eager to write this tale as you thought you were)

Or it could just be that this is only like the fourth short story i've written in a decade. I normally write longer stuff.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

You know I stick that sun there everyday in the hope that outside it'll be the same and it's been minus toomanyandmykitchenisfreezing. For goodness sake, enough with the cold weather already, give me warmth.

If I don't write something today my head will explode.

I have found the magical drinks dispenser, so tea, coffee, hot choc, iced tea or tequila? Anyone?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No coffee? YES! I'm not alone anymore! i don't drink coffee, either; it does weird things to my heart.

What am I, chopped liver? :D

I told you guys I ran into someone with a nephew named Optimus Prime, right?

There's a little kid in my town called Lestat Nosferatu. True story. For the kid's sake, I hope he at least grows up to be super hot.

Morning, guys.

I have only about ten hours of work to do this weekend. WIN. May start on the overhaul of a short due March 1st (but probably won't, because submitting stuff is :scared:), may clean, may get some wordage on the WIPs...

Ah. *basks in light workload*

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I don't drink much coffee either. I am in a committed relationship with tea.

*high five* The non-coffee drinkers must stick together.
*joins in the high fives*

The bookshelves would be nicer if I had books from all of you on them :)

Aaawwww...

*furiously writes words in novel WiP*

Don't worry Suzanne! It's coming soon! :e2writer:

Morning folks. Whut up?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Morning cantinas :Sun:

You know I stick that sun there everyday in the hope that outside it'll be the same and it's been minus toomanyandmykitchenisfreezing. For goodness sake, enough with the cold weather already, give me warmth.

If I don't write something today my head will explode.

I have found the magical drinks dispenser, so tea, coffee, hot choc, iced tea or tequila? Anyone?

Please don't let your head explode. Brain splatters are so difficult to get off the walls.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Here u r. It's not on the smiley list here.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I've only been up twenty minutes and I already need one of those "gah!" smileys.

• It snowed last night.
  • I was up and down all night with my back, so my sleep was not restful.
  • It snowed last night.
  • My back is still bugging me now; muscle spasms are a bitch.
  • It snowed last night.
  • I'm stuck on my story. It's not that I don't know what comes next; it's that I have three scene ideas that would be good in this spot, but I can't figure which would be best.
  • Did I mention that it snowed last night?
Hot choco is a miracle elixir, but that cannot salve the horror that is this morning. Off to do a little writing (which COULD make things better).

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Want some hot chocolate?
Ooo, yes please. I need it after this morning.

I was twiddling with my AtCT piece and realised that I had managed to burn my character list. So if your hair has been feeling a bit singed for the past three days, that's my fault, sorry. So I had to spend about twenty minutes going through the thread writing everyone's name down again, and trying to remember all the notes I made.

gaah.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.