XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's 6 minutes past sunset and this is the strangest gloam I've ever seen. Not only is the overcast sky still bright, but I can see through the layers of the woods as if it were day.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Make that 10 minutes. My iphone clock is slow.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It could be the apoxyclips. :eek: PA folks check in! The world has stopped spinning and we'll be trapped in gloam forever like the entire east coast!!!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the only one left! Dire!

It's getting darker but I'm guessing the moon is doing a good job of shining through the overcastness. No world's end here. Right? Gals? Guys? ...where are all the smibbles... :e2cry:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kricket brought ice cream sammiches. Get em while they're cold... Anyone?!?

:chair

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
...uh. Fen, the Cantina was evacuated due to zombie asbestos carbon monodioxide warnings.

I think you should step outside.

Come toward the light... ;)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, I sat on the couch with soft cushions that just sinks and sucks you in and now I can't get up. ... I've had this couch for over ten years. I bought it in college and have moved it to four different states. My mom has given up trying to get me to ditch it and now stretches out on it even though it's a loveseat.

Comfy couch is comfy. Too few are. Keep it 'til it's so ratty the springs bite ya. :)

I made the mistake of sitting in a papasan chair when I was 37wks preggo with twins. It was very comfy, but getting me out was rather reminiscent of those beached whale rescues you see on TV.

So today I'm feeling a little:

:e2bouncey :Jump: :Trophy:

Happy Birthday, and a thousand happy smilies to you for today and the rest of the year :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It's 6 minutes past sunset and this is the strangest gloam I've ever seen. Not only is the overcast sky still bright, but I can see through the layers of the woods as if it were day.

pictures, please?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm the only one left! Dire!

It's getting darker but I'm guessing the moon is doing a good job of shining through the overcastness. No world's end here. Right? Gals? Guys? ...where are all the smibbles... :e2cry:

I think the moon may be full tonight, so it'll be nice and bright.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
HAPPY BIRFDAYS, TJ! And good luck on the job front!

Suzanne - so awesome about the story! Also love the title!

Well, hello there... ;)

:Coffee:

well... hello there... :)

What is it about an English accent that's like frikking catnip to a certain sort of American girl? It's in the tea, right? You put something in the tea.

Not only to American girls :D

Thanks everyone! I am very excited, except that, once again, my US friends will have to really work at it to find a copy. Speaking of signs I live on the wrong side of the pond...

Or that we're living on the wrong side. All the sexy accents are over there!

yeah...

Mmm. sexy accents! Where can I get one? Preferably attached to a nice, tall, dark-haired gentleman? :D

In other news, I failed a "don't reply to that because you'll regret it" saving throw on a mailing list today. I hate it when I do that. Totally my fault though. :e2bummed:

Completely unrelated to all that, I think I finally have a reason to buy Scrivener. Rearranging chapters. Oh boy, that was a pain.

I asked first!!

and yes, get Scrivener!

ok... multiquote not as epic as I thought it would be....

so today is my off day and this is the first time on the computer. I am impressed with myself.

but I've had a headache I can only keep back with careful doses of ibuprofen. I can still read on my Kindle, tho, but this backlit screen is bothering me a little.

I hope Fen is still alive... that sunset sounds weird....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Aliens.

Definitely.

:D

Hey, I'm just excited there is still daylight. Albeit faint and far on the horizon, but still. Although I am torn, because it has been a depressing let down of a winter. No sledding. One lousy snowman. And that's it.

To think I spent $80 a pop on snow tires this year.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, for the record, it is not merely the girls (women?) who find British accents sexy.

I happen to find a British accent on a woman to be delightful. Though Irish is even nicer. (Sorry, Psycho.)

Though I do wish to stress the difference in gender for the accents. Women's accents only. Male accents do nothing for me.

Except for Sean Connery. But that's like a universal exception, right?

Right?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...uh. Fen, the Cantina was evacuated due to zombie asbestos carbon monodioxide warnings.

I think you should step outside.

Come toward the light... ;)

IT GOT ME IM INFECTED HELP!!!!

Comfy couch is comfy. Too few are. Keep it 'til it's so ratty the springs bite ya. :)

I made the mistake of sitting in a papasan chair when I was 37wks preggo with twins. It was very comfy, but getting me out was rather reminiscent of those beached whale rescues you see on TV.

Hehe.

On an unrelated beached whale rescue note, once I went swimming in southern NZ in the fall, where the closest land mass is Antartica. Not Oz. Antartica. After a few minutes I decided to swim to shore (overnight cruise trip, so I started by jumping off the ship's top deck)

When I started shivering uncontrollably over my whole body I turned back. There was a little deck just above the water. I grabbed hold, pulled with my arms and kicked to get my whole torso onto the deck (we're talking inches above the water here) and promply flopped onto the deck with barely more than my shoulders on the boards. Yeah, the rest wasnt pretty until two men hauled me up...

Good times. Except for the coulda died if things had been different part.

pictures, please?

Whatever it was you were having with your dinner.... share. Please.

Mutton. Get your own from your personnel stash.

;)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm totally ninja-writing about a pirate.

I wonder if this is better than pirate-writing about a ninja, ahoy! Or is pirate-writing just infringement?

If so, please disregard.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Also love the title!

The title came before the story, and the title was originally nothing more than a joke (with no intention of ever actually being attached to a real story) made in another AW thread:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6062861&postcount=1744

So yeah, AW: good for my writing. :)

I dunno, Sean Connery is one of the few accents that doesn't particularly turn me on, and I think it's just that accent on him. So maybe Connery should be a woman? ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, for the record, it is not merely the girls (women?) who find British accents sexy.

I happen to find a British accent on a woman to be delightful. Though Irish is even nicer. (Sorry, Psycho.)

Though I do wish to stress the difference in gender for the accents. Women's accents only. Male accents do nothing for me.

Right?

Sure. If the exception is for denying your bi nature. Or something. I knew you liked that dress a little more than most :D

In other news, it's now totally dark. And Gina is right about the full moon, give or take a day. Cue twilight music.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I wonder if this is better than pirate-writing about a ninja, ahoy! Or is pirate-writing just infringement?

If so, please disregard.

:ROFL:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

If so, please disregard.

Pirates, pirates, or some post-modern interpretation of pirates, or sci-fi reimaginig of pirates?

In short, are there ships and wenches and booty?

pirate-gang.gif

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. If the exception is for denying your bi nature. Or something. I knew you liked that dress a little more than most :D

I'm sorry, but Connery is like Keith David. Some voices, it just doesn't matter.

In other news, it's now totally dark. And Gina is right about the full moon, give or take a day. Cue twilight music.

Done.

And that had better be what you meant.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Pirates, pirates, or some post-modern interpretation of pirates, or sci-fi reimaginig of pirates?

In short, are there ships and wenches and booty?

pirate-gang.gif

It's a recovering pirate stuck in the 1980s. There might be some booty.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Done.

And that had better be what you meant.

Of course. Although for a second I wa afraid you were gonna rick roll me to a certain movie soundtrack.... See how little I think of your taste?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course. Although for a second I wa afraid you were gonna rick roll me to a certain movie soundtrack.... See how little I think of your taste?

Perish the thought.

Though I was afraid for a moment that was what *you* meant. Whereupon I was going to have you drummed out of the Cantina, post-count leader or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.