XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
I got a birthday surprise this morning, too. The J-O-B lead I was waiting to hear about has contacted me. I meet with this lady on Friday.

Woot! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

And oh hey, I sold a story this morning.

Mucho congratulations!!

:partyguy::partyguy: :hooray::hooray::yessmiley:yessmiley:e2headban

It's like a Daisy Cutter of good news has detonated in this joint. People sellin' stories and havin' release days and gettin' jobs n' stuff.

*fist-bumps the Cantina*

THIS.

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It's like a Daisy Cutter of good news has detonated in this joint. People sellin' stories and havin' release days and gettin' jobs n' stuff.

*fist-bumps the Cantina*

Ummm.... would a non-paying writing job qualify? Writing an audio drama? No money, but plenty of fun to be had, and I get to hear the story acted out!

that's what I get for spending all this time listening to audio dramas, then getting started talking to one of the producers.....

I'm happy about it, at least.

ETA: Oh, and my husband started a new job yesterday, after a couple months of no work. He's delighted: home every night, no supervisor breathing down his neck, no drama llamas in sight. Money's not as good as he was making before, but, in my mind, it's a fair trade-off to see my husband smiling when he gets home from work (yes, it's possible to SMILE at the end of a work day, apparently).

Last edited:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow you guys have been busy this morning! :Wha:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TJ!!!

But...it doesn't sound glamorous at all. To be honest, it sounds a little bit on the shitty side.

Yeah it wouldn't have been so bad if I was able to write, but I was tired by then so I was writing gibberish.

What is it about an English accent that's like frikking catnip to a certain sort of American girl? It's in the tea, right? You put something in the tea.

It's not a certain sort of American girl. It's pretty much all girls. Everywhere. :)

Not only to American girls :D

See?!

20: number of minutes spent trying to ignore Le Cat this morning.

60: number of minutes before my alarm when I finally gave up.

12: number of seconds it took for Le Cat to fall asleep on the counter the instant I stepped into the shower.

That's my day so far.

Whut up?

Heehee. That's why they're so darn cute. So you don't kill them.

Afternoon folks. Busy morning was BUSY. I slept badly last night as well, and then this morning had a run-in with a beetle that somehow got into my bathroom. A nasty, ugly, disgusting beetle *shudder*.

All in all, drama llamas.

Whut up?

Thousands of miles away, I am shuddering for you. :(

I hoped so. I rather like it.

I got a birthday surprise this morning, too. The J-O-B lead I was waiting to hear about has contacted me. I meet with this lady on Friday.

Yay! I hope it works out for you. :D

Hope your kitty is feeling better!

My neighbor's less-than-well-behaved dog (it has a real name, but is known pretty much exclusively as "NoNoBadDog") snuck into my backyard yesterday and thought it would get all up in the face of my dog, which ended with my dog catching, knocking down, giving a good shake, and then sitting on said dog until neighbor showed up (laughing her ass off) to fetch it. But it wasn't apparently a complete rout, because my doggie was squinting and had a really watery eye last night. Seems find this morning, though. And the humble pie will do neighbor's dog some good.

Thanks. Not too sure yet. She held down one meal for a couple of hours, but then threw up the next one after one bite. :(

And oh hey, I sold a story this morning.

Woohoo!!! Congrats! Details?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

It's already up on their acceptances page on their website, so no secret here. I sold my novelette "Tangerine, Nectarine, Clementine, Apocalypse" to Interzone. Very happy :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Quite. I'd have been fine with most of it IF he had left the bloody ending of Return of the Jedi alone. :Soapbox: :rant: :box:

I love you, Cobra. :Hail:

Sounds like my department. The problem is, the academics aren't required to tell us anything... We sometimes only know they're ill when they cancel a class (or worse, come in and hack their germs all over us!)

w00t! I hope it's a good 'un, TJ. Like, a squillion times better than the one you've got at the moment.

In Ali's sig, but also:
AtCT - Rosencrantz and Guildersmibble break bread
AtCT - Musical Intersmibble

In the sig below the w1s1 image, enjoy. :)

Thank you thank you! :) *goes off to read*

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's already up on their acceptances page on their website, so no secret here. I sold my novelette "Tangerine, Nectarine, Clementine, Apocalypse" to Interzone. Very happy :)

Best. Title. Ever. :Hail:

In other news, :hi:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, TJ

And YAY for job lead!!! That would be the b-day gift that kept on giving!

Congratulations, Suzanne! Love the title and...Interzone? :e2headban

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

This is terrific news, Suzanne! And add my vote to the "love the title!" faction.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am very excited, except that, once again, my US friends will have to really work at it to find a copy. Speaking of signs I live on the wrong side of the pond...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am very excited, except that, once again, my US friends will have to really work at it to find a copy. Speaking of signs I live on the wrong side of the pond...

Or that we're living on the wrong side. All the sexy accents are over there!

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score

*shakes fist at Atlantic Ocean*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Fun title :)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score

That is awesome! :) Congrats!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Thousands of miles away, I am shuddering for you. :(
I am shuddering for me too. I HATE bugs :(

(But not Bugz. Bugz I love. Bugs I hate. Is that clear?)

Yaaay congrats! And yeah that is an awesomesaucelicious title :D

Or that we're living on the wrong side. All the sexy accents are over there!
Oh yeah. Like a boss. *speaks in sexy, sexy British accent*

*keeps the Essex and Kent accents locked in a deep dark dungeon where no one can find them*

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Mmm. sexy accents! Where can I get one? Preferably attached to a nice, tall, dark-haired gentleman? :D

In other news, I failed a "don't reply to that because you'll regret it" saving throw on a mailing list today. I hate it when I do that. Totally my fault though. :e2bummed:

Completely unrelated to all that, I think I finally have a reason to buy Scrivener. Rearranging chapters. Oh boy, that was a pain.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm. sexy accents! Where can I get one? Preferably attached to a nice, tall, dark-haired gentleman? :D

In other news, I failed a "don't reply to that because you'll regret it" saving throw on a mailing list today. I hate it when I do that. Totally my fault though. :e2bummed:

Completely unrelated to all that, I think I finally have a reason to buy Scrivener. Rearranging chapters. Oh boy, that was a pain.

If you find such a gentleman, ask if he has a brother, would ya? ;)

*comfort* I've had mishaps like that. Usually when a family member sends me something political or religious... Here's hoping the fallout isn't even a tenth as bad as you fear!

I just got a copy myself. Mm, education discount! :) Probably only saved me £5, but hey, that's lunch!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
So today I'm feeling a little:

:e2bouncey :Jump: :Trophy:

And my nerves are all :eek: because change is hard, yo.

But it's my birthday, so I'm all :PartySmil

All this back forth on my emotions is like :e2seesaw:
So like a certain famous:e2fish:I tell myself to "Just keep swimming!"

I do a little of this :e2coffee: because coffee cures everything and makes me feel mellow, where I kind look like this :animal.

The End.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

I do a little of this :e2coffee: because coffee cures everything and makes me feel mellow, where I kind look like this :animal.

The End.

:heart: :heart: :) :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:) :heart: :heart: :heart: :)
:) :) :heart: :) :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That story was epic, TJ.

And I like the smiley heart.

In other news, I sat on the couch with soft cushions that just sinks and sucks you in and now I can't get up. This week has made me tired, and the snow amassing outside isn't helping.

I've had this couch for over ten years. I bought it in college and have moved it to four different states. My mom has given up trying to get me to ditch it and now stretches out on it even though it's a loveseat.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

The End.

Details? And nice use of emotes. :)

Awe-Some!

And if anyone asks what happened to that box of ice cream sandwiches, DO NOT look at me. I only had 4, so far. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.