XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had to share this with you all. A piece of junk mail just popped in my inbox and, just before I clicked on it to delete it, I read the subject line (as truncated by my program):

"6 Dumb Ways to Kill Employee Mor..."

:Wha:

They want to kill moar employees! How will they get any work done?!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's one way of securing a promotion, certainly.

"Oh, my line manager had a fatal... accident and now I'm the boss, whatdayaknow?"

Screw that. Moving up the ladder means more work.

I'll stay here in the trenches where I can avoid things like "responsibility" and "leadership."

:D

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

I'll stay here in the trenches where I can avoid things like "responsibility" and "leadership."

Yeah, I know bosses get paid more but... seriously. My boss works weekends, takes work home with him, has to be available on the phone 24/7... eesh. No thanks. I'll take the lowest rung, please, and sit at my desk browsing AW all day :p

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Damn skippy.

Every time someone suggests I should move up the ladder, I hit them with it.

One of the reasons I'm in academia is so I don't have to worry about that crap in the first place.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
10 - I'm sorry you are black and blue all over! I hope you aren't in too much pain.

Cobra - congrats on the ending! :)

Good morning, all! Well, it is morning at least where I am. And I will start off the morning by giving you this.

You're welcome.

That is both awesome, hilarious and slightly disturbing. Is that a pencil holder or a pencil sharpener?

ok - that store thing is fantastic! I like the neo-gothic store that OPENED IN 1906! Wowza.

And I believe that is a pencil holder.... but it would make more sense as a sharpener. Who only has one pencil to hold?

I am up quite early considering it is my day off and I've been up since 7:30, writing down my insane dreams and futzing about on the internet. However, now it is time to go and edit.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
No matter where you go, there you multi-quote.

I may still have my wisdom, but I damn sure have lost my pretty :(

Swollen and Black and Blue Face :(

If I had a husband, I would NOT go anywhere near other people right now, for fear of getting him arrested.

Owch. :(

My feet are freezing. I've been outside foraging wood and blimey! It's cold. Ooo, a car alarm is going off, my favourite tune.

Tea anyone? I'm making double as I need to warm up.

I'll take some tea--though it's spring-sh and sunny here.

That's what I'm talking about!

About 12 years ago, I actually gave my family instructions once that if I died, I wanted them to have a kick-ass party to celebrate my life. They could mourn on their own, in private, but no boo-hooing over a casket. Good music, good food, and an excuse to hang with amazing people.

Then I wanted to be strabbed to the SRB of the Space Shuttle and vaporized on take-off.

Thanks a lot, canceled Space program! Now I have to find a new way to disposed of my body.

(effing budget cuts)

Hey, Newt wants a moon base...

Viking funeral pyre.

That or batshit crazy father burning you alive a la LOTR?

Well, the batshit father did fail in that...

DAMN YOU ALL.
That's going to be stuck in my head ALL effin' day...

MUHAHAHahahahahahahah!

It's a tool for project management, duh.

Ok for serious I'm going to write about this on my blog and then you will ALL SEE how genius it is.

*wanders off, grumbling*

I'm allergic to project management. I break out in hives.

Morning folks!

I'm feeling about half human today. Can't talk though, voice is totally dead, which is hard for me. I like to talk.

There's like a foot of snow outside and it's still coming down. I don't think Mr. Kricket is going to work today, which would be great, because I could use some extra rest.

Glad you're feeling better, Kricket!

I just stared at my TBR for 15 minutes. Traveling today, and trying to pick out the right airplane books. No decisions made. Maybe not the best start to the day...

Yeah, I always have that issue. So many books... which one should I read?

Are there smart ways to kill employee moral??

:Wha:

Sure... get them to leave before you have to offer them severance...

My workplace is a case study for ways to kill employee morale.

Our home office was great with killing morale, too. :-/

Afternoon folks! I'm still in my PJs. :D

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have the equivalent of an X-wing hanging around? Otherwise, I think Etola may have just won. XD

:yessmiley

Either that, or someone can ask their dad to chuck me into the reactor.

Er...I'd prefer that that doesn't actually happen....

*sob* no one wants to use my method! It actually makes project management software fun... :e2cry:

I tried using a Gantt chart once, but it was for such a small, low-priority, simple project that I forgot all about the chart. :( Seems like a good idea, though!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
-_-

I used to be a dental assistant for a few years back in my younger days, and the dentist I worked for rarely EVER had anyone bruise. Now some people do bruise easily and that can't be helped, I can understand that, but of all of the extractions I've had, never bruised and never swelled (let alone had no pain).

did you ice the areas after the extractions? Keep pressure on the area with gauze? Did you take ibuprofen? (I'm just asking because I'm curious as to the instructions your dentist gave you post op.)

Oh and one of the best things for pain if you still have it? Warm tea bag... seriously.

My surgeon put out my jaw when removing the lower one. He had to apply a lot of force because the roots were in the jaw bone, and my joints tend to the hypermobile. So that's why the whole thing is swollen and bruised now :)

I'm really very happy with this dental surgeon after the butcher I went to last year, he gave me all sorts of stuff for aftercare (yes, gauze, yes, ice) and sang to me while performing the procedure :D Also, yes, he gave me painkillers for three weeks. Which, he admitted, was probably overkill, but it never hurts to have painkillers in the house.

Also, funny thing:

Nurse: "So, it's going to be -24 C (-12 F) here this weekend."
Surgeon: "Oh, really?!"
Me: "HMMPH!"
Surgeon: "What? What? Are you in pain?"
Me: "No, that's just really freakin' cold."
Surgeon: "Tell me about it. I'm going to have to wear thermal underwear."

Teehee. I like 'im :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really very happy with this dental surgeon after the butcher I went to last year...

Thank goodness! After everything you went through, you deserved a break.

Which, he admitted, was probably overkill,

Ahem!

*points to personal motto of "There's no kill like overkill!"*

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
My surgeon put out my jaw when removing the lower one. He had to apply a lot of force because the roots were in the jaw bone, and my joints tend to the hypermobile. So that's why the whole thing is swollen and bruised now :)

I'm really very happy with this dental surgeon after the butcher I went to last year, he gave me all sorts of stuff for aftercare (yes, gauze, yes, ice) and sang to me while performing the procedure :D Also, yes, he gave me painkillers for three weeks. Which, he admitted, was probably overkill, but it never hurts to have painkillers in the house.

Also, funny thing:

Nurse: "So, it's going to be -24 C (-12 F) here this weekend."
Surgeon: "Oh, really?!"
Me: "HMMPH!"
Surgeon: "What? What? Are you in pain?"
Me: "No, that's just really freakin' cold."
Surgeon: "Tell me about it. I'm going to have to wear thermal underwear."

Teehee. I like 'im :D

ahhhh, well that does explain it. :D glad you like him. Having one you don't like is awful. I like mine, and he even put B at ease (huge dislike of dentists). So looks like I'll be able to get him in the chair sometime.

Hope it heals quickly

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
and sang to me while performing the procedure

Sorry, but can we go back and revisit this part of the procedure. Say what?

I also had bruising after my extraction, but the bruises were on my collarbone and it's because my dentist only had one hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.