Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Ninja hugs for the Cantina.
ninja_hide.gif

:heart::heart::heart:

There were some threads in the Bulletin Board area about what was happening.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. Maybe a statement from the mods might not be a bad idea...

They announced it on Twitter and I bet that they've already said something in the...uh whichever thread they were talking about it (I think it was the "AW Bloggeration Thread".)

But yeah, head it off at the pass to avoid conspiracy theories.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
D'aaaaawwwwwww

Okay folks I'm turning in for the night. Been a bit of a crazy day here (not in a good way) so going to try and sleep early.

Btw guys... I have 999 rep points 8)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Raining... Men?

Repost it, B!

And I too am hitting the sack. I would be reading The Princess Bride until the sleepies came, but sommmmeeeebody got me to put it down for an ebook. ;)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Research is the ultimate time suck. I started out early this morning doing research on the various apocalypse beliefs of Abrahamic religions. ALL DAY, I've done the Research Stream of Consciousness progression. Now I'm watching a documentary (the Brits do have the most interesting documentaries).

I don't know how helpful all my learning has been, but it's been SOOOO gratifying. That's terrible, right? I should feel guilty, right?

Not!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Raining... Men?

You too.

Although now the respective earworms are battling it out in my subconscious for supremacy. It's unicorns that bleed rainbows vs the Village People.

Yes, I know they didn't sing that song, but even so.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
It is actually snowing in Massachusetts. A truly noteworthy event this winter.

Yeah, it's interesting to note that by the end of last winter, they were hardly even bothering to mention storms unless they were going to be at least 4" (~10cm), and I just had a banner crawl w/ alert tone on the TV telling me I might get 1-4".

Last time I looked outside I seemed to have at least an inch, but that was quite a while ago.

finally writing after a long time of making very-little-to-no progress feels super good :D

Yay, go you! :)

It's okay it's fixed now.

Between work and a post-work nap (headache bad enough to f*ck with my vision) I completely missed the whole thing. I think I'm okay with that.

Trying to decide if I'm going to abandon a story, ebook it, or try to find a hapless beta'er to tell me how badly it sucks.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very sorry that it blew up, but I might just possibly have a scene in my story now. Thankyou :)

If it helps, here was an article on the fire:
http://www.umass.edu/chronicle/archives/03/04-25/foundry.html

And a photo of the fire itself:
http://my.firefighternation.com/photo/889755:Photo:126021

I was off on a trip when it blew, and when I got back there was a message on my machine trying to track me down -- the fire burned hot enough that they were calling everyone who'd ever had a key to the building to check that we weren't in it. No one was, thankfully.

Busy day is busy. I was ready to start drinking before I even left the house today. That. Awesome.

Someone brought a kahlua cake to work today. Should've just brought the bottle, although the cake was nice :)

I think I nailed the phone screen. :D

w00t! Knew you could do it! :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I can't hear this one anymore without thinking back to that Wild Palms mini series from the early 90's.

Though I may be the only one who remembers that.

Didn't that only last for like three episodes?

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
The blueberry vodka was looking mighty tempting at 6:52 AM. I managed to refrain though and am now happily chugging coffee.

It's like a smoothie, only happier :D

Personally, I'm staying away from the Kindle because of the proprietary file format thing.

That is what cal1bre is for :)

Ordered Skirmish by Michelle West.

Also got me a pumpkin spice latte at the cafe. Yes, in January. :D They were out of eggnog, but *still* had pumpkin spice.

Now, to non-ninja-write. 'Cause all the ninjas here know the score...

Okay. I might actually get behind a move to import Halloween just to get that in the cafe.

urgh. Work rang up to try and get me to work and I said no - second time in a week I've said it. My managed sounded annoyed, and like she didn't believe my excuse (I'm busy ferrying my brother around to doctors appointments while the parents are at work.) Well, stuff it, they'll get over it. And my shifts are already confirmed for the next two weeks.

And after that I move. So yes. I can't bring myself to really be bothered about it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.