Registered
Reaction score
*peeks in*

Hello?

*Hears only an echo.*

Where'd everyone go??

Angry fairies chased them off.

:D

And now enters the Angry Pregnant Woman.

:rant:I love my husband, he's almost perfect, but seriously, I'd pay a lot of money to get him a brain that actually works. I can see why some women start looking towards other women for long term companionship, most women know how to think logically and aren't in such a rush to go NOWHERE and thus forget to do important things.

I know I'm pregnant and crazy right now, I know little things are setting me off for no good reason, but still, I want to shake him until that little tiny brain comes out.

Why are men so dumb sometimes!

End :rant:

Sorry, just had to let off some steam, thanks for indulging me. :)

*Hands out boxes of chocolate and wine* :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
most women know how to think logically

Where are these women you speak of?

Certainly not most of the ones I've ever been in a relationship with.

:wag:

(Hey, if you're going to bash my gender, I'm going to bash yours. Pregnancy hormones or not.)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Kricket. I'm sure it's not just your current hormonal state that has you agitated. Have you tried stapling notes to his underwear and shoes (while he's wearing them or not - your choice)?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Where are these women you speak of?

Certainly not most of the ones I've ever been in a relationship with.

:wag:

(Hey, if you're going to bash my gender, I'm going to bash yours. Pregnancy hormones or not.)

lol! Well maybe it's not "logical" I'm looking for, just someone who thinks like me. So basically, I need to make a clone of myself with some male parts, then I'd be perfectly happy. ;)

:Hug2: Kricket. I'm sure it's not just your current hormonal state that has you agitated. Have you tried stapling notes to his underwear and shoes (while he's wearing them or not - your choice)?

This I might have to try. I'm sure blood will get his attention.

:Hug2:Kricket. Other folks Logic is sometimes not logical. :) Hang in there.

Tell me about it.

But I'm better now, he got me food. He's at least smart enough to know that if I'm unreasonably cranky it's probably because I'm hungry.

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
lol! Well maybe it's not "logical" I'm looking for, just someone who thinks like me. So basically, I need to make a clone of myself with some male parts, then I'd be perfectly happy. ;)

As a male myself, I hate to tell you this but.... male parts tend to impede logic under certain circumstances.

So you might want to do a little tinkering when you clone.

character0056.gif

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Well...

After my dog having surgery, doing amazing and recovering so well, and finding out that his tumors were both benign, I thought everything would be okay.

He passed this morning after going into septic shock. We had no idea there was a problem. He was so happy last night. I took him out this morning and he was fine then. Within an hour, he could barely move.

I'm devastated :(

:( I'm so sorry. I know it's not much consolation, but at least he died happy. And surrounded by loved ones.

:Hug2:

Gotta be satisfied with your own company to be a country girl.

Or you could have the best of both worlds and be a townie. Not sure if that's what you call it over there, but basically you pick a town of about 15-20 thousand, and park yourself there. If it's near other smaller towns, it'll generally have all the big shops and convenient opening hours because it services the other small towns too. It's worked well for my family.

I just love stories so much. The problem with being a writer, or a reader, is that it is a bit of a lonely thing. You write alone, you read alone, and when you have no reader friends in your for-real-life, it sucks to not have anyone to share that stuff with. Not a single one of my "friends" reads. By friends, I mean the only people I interact with - the people at work. (Of course, we've known each other for more than 20 years in most cases.)

I'm really lucky in that my brother reads, writes, and is more than happy to dissect movies and books with me. Pisses our parents off no end when we're busy talking about structure, turning points and character driven action when all they want is a coffee after the movie

On the male/female thing - it's often the way of thinking, I find. For example, my dad and I often agree, but we argue while agreeing because he has to think in short logical steps and I jump around all over the place.

Maybe that has something to do with things.

*hugs K.L again for good measure*

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
As a male myself, I hate to tell you this but.... male parts tend to impede logic under certain circumstances.

character0056.gif

Hm, yes, this is true. *makes notes and adjustments in plans* :D

On the male/female thing - it's often the way of thinking, I find. For example, my dad and I often agree, but we argue while agreeing because he has to think in short logical steps and I jump around all over the place.

Maybe that has something to do with things.

Yeah, guys and gals think differently, and when the gal is preggers, all hell breaks loose. It's loads of fun. :sarcasm

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well...

After my dog having surgery, doing amazing and recovering so well, and finding out that his tumors were both benign, I thought everything would be okay.

He passed this morning after going into septic shock. We had no idea there was a problem. He was so happy last night. I took him out this morning and he was fine then. Within an hour, he could barely move.

I'm devastated :(

:(

:Hug2:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Or you could have the best of both worlds and be a townie. Not sure if that's what you call it over there, but basically you pick a town of about 15-20 thousand, and park yourself there. If it's near other smaller towns, it'll generally have all the big shops and convenient opening hours because it services the other small towns too. It's worked well for my family.

My "hometown" (ie the town closest to the farm where I grew up) has a population of about 1400. Not fourteen thousand, fourteen hundred. And that's still too big for me.

If I want "city" stuff, I go into Huntington, WV, which has a slightly larger population. and an Indian restaurant.

Just sayin'.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Cantina folks.

Coraline's meant to be uber-creepy horror, right?

Or is that just me being freaked out by the uncanny valley thing going on with it?

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score

character0056.gif

Dude.

Giving them ideas.

Not cool.

:D

GreenEpic

...because you don't know yourself
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Cantina folks.

Coraline's meant to be uber-creepy horror, right?

Or is that just me being freaked out by the uncanny valley thing going on with it?

Dude, yeah. It totally has that uncanny valley thing. So familiar yet so weird at the same time, so no matter how hard Coraline's Other Parents try, they still provoke unease. Kinda wanted to like 'em at first, but become repulsed by them for pantomiming what they are trying to replace/replicate.

Hehe, you made me figure out why a kids movie kinda freaked me out.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Kricket - the men are just wired differently. That's not saying they are wired "wrong" - just different. What we see as the obvious, logical thing they think is a waste of time and/or "no big deal". They think we're crazy, too.

:Ssh:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's too early to be awake.

Hello folks.

And Coraline is brought to you by the guy that went to the library and asked 'what do you have in the way of horror books for 5 year olds?' and was upset that he left empty handed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.