Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:( Don't shout. I've just discovered I'm out of milk

*pours breakfast cereal back into it's box and looks mournfully at the coffee that was going to be consumed*

Why cruel world, why!?

I'd say it's because it's Monday. But for you, it isn't. I just hope this isn't a harbinger of Tuesday to come.

*faxes you milk*

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Thus is the life of a middle power. We could disengage from the international community at large and not have to suck up to anyone, but meh. New Zealand has that covered. They sold us their airforce a while back because they just had no use for it.

Well, the thing with Canada is that we sent our folks into Afghanistan and Korea with some measure of palpable support from the people. The Canadian people said no to Iraq and Vietnam, so they didn't go. I like that.

What I meant with that comment is that out of the list of America's wars, Iraq and Vietnam seem to be the nastiest and the most heavily debated. So it like proves your point about the policy in question exactly, because Canada didn't get dragged into them.

Of course, it depends strongly on the PM, too. Some PMs have kept Canada firmly to its ideals during their run, others have kissed up to the British govn't or to U.S. presidents. This is part of why I credit Trudeau so heavily with keeping us out of the Vietnam war (his time as PM was also a golden age for Canada-U.S. relations. I wish we had another one like him.)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Dangit. Sometimes I don't know what's the result of a sad childhood and what's me being weird.

Actually, if you really hate it dry, you could always toss it in the coffee! *brick'd*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Dangit. Sometimes I don't know what's the result of a sad childhood and what's me being weird.

Actually, if you really hate it dry, you could always toss it in the coffee! *brick'd*

Could be worse. My late uncle used to pour beer over his cereal.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, those moments where you just want to rush ahead and write the really interesting parts of your story... >_<" Curses, to dredge through introducing the settings and the characters' ordinary lives before I throw in a parasitic-monster love interest!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Could be worse. My late uncle used to pour beer over his cereal.
I tried that once (University life, I often had more alcohol in the house than any other liquid). Basically, it was terrible. Cheerios and Corona do not mix particularly well.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, those moments where you just want to rush ahead and write the really interesting parts of your story... >_<" Curses, to dredge through introducing the settings and the characters' ordinary lives before I throw in a parasitic-monster love interest!

Everyone has their own method writing.

Me? I tend to write the fun stuff and then fill in the connecting bits.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone has their own method writing.

The problem is, if I do that, then odds are I'll forget to write the connecting bits... >_<"

I need to get as much writing out of myself tonight as possible, anyway. Leviathan awaits!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

Ooh, I like the sounds of that method! That's probably about what I do, too.

Though my agent would disagree. According to her, I write no transitions or connecting bits. :tongue

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
:eek:

I'd eat it dry before water. OMG.:flag:

This. Yuck.

Ooh, I like the sounds of that method! That's probably about what I do, too.

Though my agent would disagree. According to her, I write no transitions or connecting bits. :tongue

What are these transitions things? They don't sound at all fun.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
... okay, I'm going to be honest and say that the idea of red wine and Nesquik doesn't seem all that terrible at the moment... >_>

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My chickens are weeks away from slaughter and Inwas watching them tonight and thinking there aren't any awesome rooster jokes. I should have gotten guinea fowl again. Dire.

It was a :gaah day at work. Mostly because Adobe Acrobat is arcane and built with black magic.

ION, Thai chili olive oil rocks my world.

Hmmm. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's PC. Harry Potter and the Goblet of iFruit. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Cubeville. Yeah, imma gonna be rich.

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING!

:e2coffee:

Looks like I'll be getting my new guinea piggies this weekend!!! I'm so excited. You guys will have to help me name them. :D

Didn't we decide we had to eat them in celebration of Max returning home. You can't eat something you named (or tried to nurse back to health. Sorry Drumsick.)

Once again I'm missing a quote. Dang 3G.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
What are these transitions things? They don't sound at all fun.

I think they're those squiggly paragraphs between all the awesomeness. Also, WHERE IS MY LU COVER? *ahem* Sorry. That was insensitive. ButSeriouslyWhereIsIt?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mid sem = mid semester? in the middle of the 12 weeks worth of school I have? I can't actually believe we're halfway through already - only 6 weeks to go.

I just want this silly thing over - I got really mucked around in the study plans by being laid up for two weeks, and I've almost just gotten on top of everything, but concentrating just on this one subject brings it all to a grinding halt.

No, see, I figured out the semester thing only after I figured out you had written s-e-M and not something else.

Anon, this makes your second paragraph realllly hilarious now ;) I love immaturity. It never ceases to entertain.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
What's that saying? It's better to ask forgiveness than permission or something? Right? Quick, somebody say yes! *ducks under desk*

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
You know, it's really quite satisfying to scroll down 23 pages full of writing and know that it was you that wrote it. *sighs contentedly*

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
My chickens are weeks away from slaughter and Inwas watching them tonight and thinking there aren't any awesome rooster jokes. I should have gotten guinea fowl again. Dire.

Dude. If you can't come up with a few good cock jokes, I'm not sure how to help. :(

I think they're those squiggly paragraphs between all the awesomeness. Also, WHERE IS MY LU COVER? *ahem* Sorry. That was insensitive. ButSeriouslyWhereIsIt?

I DON'T KNOW BUT I'M NOT AT ALL NERVOUS ABOUT IT.

*cries softly in the corner*

What's that saying? It's better to ask forgiveness than permission or something? Right? Quick, somebody say yes! *ducks under desk*

Yes. This is my motto in life, or would be, if I started having a motto.*

*Browncoats forever!

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
I've hit a real block with my writing. Not the writing itself, I don't think, but the complete lack of drive to do it. What makes it worse is that I haven't even hit the second page of my first WIP's first draft. So depressing.

*mopes*

I need a buddy system.

And with that lovely spot of sunshine...I'm off to bed.

ETA: Whoo! First!

Status
Not open for further replies.