XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you need a babysitter to do it, you should not do it.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Their screams make it taste all the better. :evil

I knew that under that sweet, gentle exterior there had to be an evil nougat center.... I like this about you, Abs.

:roll:

You know, a buddy of mine back in high school had tried salvia divinorum, back when it was legal. You're supposed to close your eyes, chew the leaves and have mild, useful hallucinations for about an hour, but you can also buy it ground, smoke it and get blown out of the universe for 15 minutes. He did the latter.

Well it messed him up so much that for months afterward he started having dreams that he was on salvia, even though he never touched the stuff a second time. He worked as a McSlave around then and he had one dream that he went to work on salvia and the fries in the fryer were writhing and screaming "Noo! Don't eat meee!" and wriggling trying to get out of the oil as he submerged them. When he took them out of the oil they would actually "run" up the sides of the basket and try to escape across the floor/counter. He tells me he could hear but not see his boss yelling in the dream, and he couldn't catch the fleeing fries because the salvia hallucinations were sort of tailored to foil his attempts at planning/focus etc.

He woke up, went straight into McDicks and quit that very day. When another buddy of mine asked me to babysit her and a mutual friend while they tried salvia a week later, I respectfully declined.

this is so very disturbing... and I have my own disturbing dreams.... oh man...

I am drinking coffee and writing things in various notebooks. Decided to keep a book journal, as in keeping notes on the books I read, as I sometimes read so fast I don't remember the plots to books I've read. I keep a list of what I read, but now I think I might jot down a line or two about each one.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Unless it's a perfectly normal thing to do. Going on a date night, for example. Going a date night to a movie or some such is perfectly okay. Going on a date night to the back of your car to get high off your arses? Significantly less so. Even if it is more fun than the first option.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How goes the edits, B?

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: I'm sorry, hunni :(

It's Sunday... I'm going to do NOTHING today. That is all.
This.
Good morning! You guys are far too awake in here.
And this.
:roll:

You know, a buddy of mine back in high school had tried salvia divinorum, back when it was legal. You're supposed to close your eyes, chew the leaves and have mild, useful hallucinations for about an hour, but you can also buy it ground, smoke it and get blown out of the universe for 15 minutes. He did the latter.

Well it messed him up so much that for months afterward he started having dreams that he was on salvia, even though he never touched the stuff a second time. He worked as a McSlave around then and he had one dream that he went to work on salvia and the fries in the fryer were writhing and screaming "Noo! Don't eat meee!" and wriggling trying to get out of the oil as he submerged them. When he took them out of the oil they would actually "run" up the sides of the basket and try to escape across the floor/counter. He tells me he could hear but not see his boss yelling in the dream, and he couldn't catch the fleeing fries because the salvia hallucinations were sort of tailored to foil his attempts at planning/focus etc.

He woke up, went straight into McDicks and quit that very day. When another buddy of mine asked me to babysit her and a mutual friend while they tried salvia a week later, I respectfully declined.

While I've done my fair share of illegitimate recreational activities, salvia was never one. Everyone I know who has tried it has some sort of crazy ass trip that plagues them for months.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

Yup. Not that it's relevant to the anecdote, but my former friends were POS. And thoughtless ones at that.

While I've done my fair share of illegitimate recreational activities, salvia was never one. Everyone I know who has tried it has some sort of crazy ass trip that plagues them for months.

Yep. I'd bet they all smoked it, too, didn't they?

Pardon my French, but smoking it is fucking dumb. To say it is simply dumb does not suffice.

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Not that it's relevant to the anecdote, but my former friends were POS. And thoughtless ones at that.
Ya know...it's funny. As I start to become an old man, I'm finally starting to realize how venomous some of the people in my life are.

Yep. I'd bet they all smoked it, too, didn't they?

Pardon my French, but smoking it is fucking dumb. To say it is simply dumb does not suffice.

No idea. But I don't do needles and I don't like things going in my nose, so anything I've done has been oral in one way or another. That's the thing about drugs....there's never just one way to do them.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
No idea. But I don't do needles and I don't like things going in my nose, so anything I've done has been oral in one way or another. That's the thing about drugs....there's never just one way to do them.
True story: The only reason I've never even tried coke is because the thought of intentionally putting stuff up my nose is horrifying. I was offered once, but remembered how terrible it felt when I was younger and my friends convinced me to snort sherbet.

Though on the second point, I'm pretty sure some drugs only have one way of doing them. I don't think you can snort or inject marijuana, for example. Then again I haven't tried this, or even researched it, so I only know of the 'smoking it' option. Maybe some people have figured out ways to get creative, but I kinda doubt it would work.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Though on the second point, I'm pretty sure some drugs only have one way of doing them. I don't think you can snort or inject marijuana, for example. Then again I haven't tried this, or even researched it, so I only know of the 'smoking it' option. Maybe some people have figured out ways to get creative, but I kinda doubt it would work.

You can smoke pot. You can also eat it (as in "funny brownies"). You can also drink it, mixed into a liquid. You can also have it ground up fine and sniff it, like snuff. I've never heard of injecting it, though.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want a small, new-to-you kid? Trying to get out from under an unfavorable contract.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
You can smoke pot. You can also eat it (as in "funny brownies"). You can also drink it, mixed into a liquid. You can also have it ground up fine and sniff it, like snuff. I've never heard of injecting it, though.
Damn, I forgot about the brownies. Well my entire point falls apart then. Really though, baking weed into brownies makes no sense to me. Seems like such a length to go to just to get stoned, considering the alternative is just "roll it up and set it on fire."

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
My son just left me a lovely little present all over my carpet.

Any suggestions on how to get the stains out?

ETA: Preferably without chemical cleaners and the like, since I got kids and cats running all over the carpet.

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
I've put it in spaghetti sauce. Couldn't even taste it. But I sure as hell felt it an hour later.
Anyone want a small, new-to-you kid? Trying to get out from under an unfavorable contract.

Can I just sublet him for a few months? My biological clock has been ticking lately. Which is kinda weird...didn't know dudes could get the whole "I wonder what being a daddy would be like" thing. I don't like it. At all.

unruley700

Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I forgot about the brownies. Well my entire point falls apart then. Really though, baking weed into brownies makes no sense to me. Seems like such a length to go to just to get stoned, considering the alternative is just "roll it up and set it on fire."
It's a completely different feeling. Smoking results in a head buzz while eating gives a more bodily high.

Steam.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

ETA: Preferably without chemical cleaners and the like, since I got kids and cats running all over the carpet.

Salt.

A buddy turned me onto using iodized salt for spilled red wine (while it's still wet). Works pretty well, too. Soaks it up and you can use a mild carpet cleaner (like 7th Gen3ration products) to get the rest.

Not that, uh, we spill a lot of wine at the Cobra Dojo or anything....

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It's a completely different feeling. Smoking results in a head buzz while eating gives a more bodily high.
Ah. See, I've only ever smoked it. I had roommates who made brownies with it once, but to me at the time I couldn't see any difference between that high and their normal high.

I would, but I've been reliably informed after my best friend's son came home saying "fuck" like it was going out of fashion that I'm "not to be trusted" with children.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?

Sadly, I don't have the luxury of being able to steam my carpet, so this one isn't an option. :(

Salt.

A buddy turned me onto using iodized salt for spilled red wine (while it's still wet). Works pretty well, too. Soaks it up and you can use a mild carpet cleaner (like 7th Gen3ration products) to get the rest.

Not that, uh, we spill a lot of wine at the Cobra Dojo or anything....

Thanks Cobra, I'll give it a try.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

We use Folex. No idea what it is, but it doesn't have the eye-burning characteristics of heavy chemical cleaners.

Can I just sublet him for a few months? My biological clock has been ticking lately. Which is kinda weird...didn't know dudes could get the whole "I wonder what being a daddy would be like" thing. I don't like it. At all.

This is totally a thing. I have seen it, and had it inflicted upon me.

Trade you for two cats.

No give backs.

*is suspicious*

I would, but I've been reliably informed after my best friend's son came home saying "fuck" like it was going out of fashion that I'm "not to be trusted" with children.

The child already knows the world and goes violently Zuul on anybody who uses it in his presence.

I'll trade you one almost 3 yr old and a 4 month old.

That's totally fair. :D

But then in a couple years I'll be right back where I am today. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.