Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Tangent (sorry): I am writing a character bio and managed to put

left witches coven due to magical differences

Trust me, it was funny when I wrote it.

We now return you to your regular program - to which I will add this. When my grandfather was born, they thought he was going to be twins, he was 14lbs.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
We now return you to your regular program - to which I will add this. When my grandfather was born, they thought he was going to be twins, he was 14lbs.

When my father was born, he was 2 pounds, 2 ounces. Four months premature, born at home, with a midwife instead of a doctor (this was 1922 Appalachia; they didn't even have running water or electricity). It's hardly a surprise he ended up with CP.

The only other interesting birthing story was when my father's mother was born. This was 1897, and again, she was born at home. The midwife attending the birthing? Her cousin, "Granny" Hatfield. Yes, THOSE Hatfields; she was the matriarch of the family, mother of Devil Anse Hatfield.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still working on the Plague Years rewrite. While I will have enough to submit to the Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry open fortnight next month (they only want 10-15k plus synopsis at first), I'm almost certainly not going to have a completely rewritten novel by then. Especially as it's going to need to expand by about 20,000 words. Maybe this story is fated to be a novella and I should accept that.

After that, I have rewrites that I need to do on my other novel in progress, Partings and Greetings. And would like to write some more short stories, but finding that difficult too.

Things are moving VERY slowly, as I'm struggling with a sense that all I'm doing is writing stuff that no-one wants to read, let alone publish, and I can't even sell short stories at the moment (and that comes from someone who has sold forty of them over the years). I had a rejection the other day from an anthology I was invited to submit to. Well, those are the breaks, but IT DID NOT HELP. *headdesk*

Bummer. But not dire. And we need to cowrite. You owe me an email I think :)

*joins debio*

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much, how's everyone doing?

Stop leavingggg ussss.

Howdy recently arrived folks. Hey tif I gots a nice comfy easy chair. you need?

Embarrassing event for the day.

1:40 pm, I decide I want a can of that sweet crap called canned coffee that they sell here. So I stroll down the hall to the vending machine. On my way I pass a classroom with no teacher in it. The students stare at me as I pass. I wonder where there teacher is. I didn't remember anyone making emergency copies in the teacher's room.

I buy my coffee and am strolling back, they are staring at me again. I poke my head in the door and ask where there teacher is. They tell me I am the teacher. I was supposed to be teaching their class.

Sheesh. I hate when they change the schedule on me. I had three classes in the morning that I wasn't scheduled for, this one is a regular. I forgot my regular, but remembered the special. How does that work?

:ROFL:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily (or unluckily), my brother's wife had the baby via cesarean. She's supposed to go home Friday, I think. That seems really fast for having a c-section done, but I guess they toss you out asap anymore.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Now, I need to play with it so I can get it to display the results in multiple columns.

Awk? I like awk...

Her cousin, "Granny" Hatfield. Yes, THOSE Hatfields; she was the matriarch of the family, mother of Devil Anse Hatfield.

Oh, dear... My aunt Betty Lou was a McCoy before she married.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Luckily (or unluckily), my brother's wife had the baby via cesarean. She's supposed to go home Friday, I think. That seems really fast for having a c-section done, but I guess they toss you out asap anymore.

When one of our neighbours had her youngest via c-section she was in and out of the hospital in about eight hours.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
When one of our neighbours had her youngest via c-section she was in and out of the hospital in about eight hours.

You couldn't pay me to do a c-section. I've heard recovery sucks.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

really? REALLY?

:guns:

Stay away from my pigs! ;)

(that's a big myth, btw. It didn't start over a dead pig, it started over Civil War sympathies)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Holy cow. That's insane.

You couldn't pay me to do a c-section. I've heard recovery sucks.

Yeah I wouldn't want one. I don't think she had much choice in it, she had the first one that way too. :(

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
really? REALLY?

:guns:

Stay away from my pigs! ;)

(that's a big myth, btw. It didn't start over a dead pig, it started over Civil War sympathies)

*snickers* :) You're awesome!

I'm not surprised at that, actually... My 5x great grandfather was killed because of his Civil War sympathies. (He's as far as I can trace back my family tree on my dad's dad's side.) Serious stuff! Aunt Betty Lou was a cousin of some description, I think. Lovely lady, but boy could she cuss! She passed when I was 11 or 12 and I only met her a couple of times, but I sure do remember her swearing! heh :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*snickers* :) You're awesome!

I'm not surprised at that, actually... My 5x great grandfather was killed because of his Civil War sympathies. (He's as far as I can trace back my family tree on my dad's dad's side.) Serious stuff! Aunt Betty Lou was a cousin of some description, I think. Lovely lady, but boy could she cuss! She passed when I was 11 or 12 and I only met her a couple of times, but I sure do remember her swearing! heh :)

Nothing that cool in my immediate family. Unless you count my great great uncle. He survived the Civil War, then was killed in a whorehouse brawl.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
So, voice is fading after only reading 12k of WIP aloud. Must find some tea or something. Also might help to keep in mind that I'm not in a play, and an excessively passionate reading is not strictly necessary. Nor do the cats care if I'm projecting properly.

Someone dropped off a frickin' ton of Easter candy at our office today. The only solution is to eat my our way though it as fast as possible.

Sound logic. Do what you gotta do.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Also might help to keep in mind that I'm not in a play, and an excessively passionate reading is not strictly necessary. Nor do the cats care if I'm projecting properly.

But are you doing the accents? ;)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Awk? I like awk...

AWK. Well, since I let the MUD a friend and I were running go, I haven't been in the shell for a long time. I forgot stuff.

Someone dropped off a frickin' ton of Easter candy at our office today. The only solution is to eat my our way though it as fast as possible.

You(r office has) have leet problem solving skills

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I have beer. Will that work? :D

My voice coach in college used to keep a bottle of Jack Daniels, mixed liberally with honey, on top of the radiator in his office. Warm toddy for when your voice was rough.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Our office opened a bag of jelly beans today.

The Starburst kind.

They are gone.

There are four people in my office.

Yeah.

Nummmmmm. The Jolly Rancher kind are also :Thumbs:

P.S. I generally only candy-fiend when writing first drafts. Second drafts are for popcorn and popsicles. When editing, I survive on tea, toast and despair.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having to move my children out of the house because my mother has gotten so belligerent. What am I going to do without my babies?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can here me.
Is there anybody home?

Ear worm attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.