Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I'm guessing he has a very different sound to him than in Buffy, where he played a (sometimes) evil British vampire.

Never really watched it, himself did but he doesn't remember him at all. He was in a few episodes of Torchwood which I remember. Totally different accent apart from when Jim Butcher introduces a UK wizard based on Steed from The Avengers. Then he's got a really good semi-snobby UK accent, and as the wizard is written well, it fits nicely.

571 for me today, plus I found out what esotropia was.

Last edited:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Never really watched it, himself did but he doesn't remember him at all. He was in a few episodes of Torchwood which I remember. Totally different accent apart from when Jim Butcher introduces a UK wizard based on Steed from The Avengers. Then he's got a really good semi-snobby UK accent, and as the wizard is written well, it fits nicely.

571 for me today, plus I found out what esotropia was.

How can anyone forget Spike?

images

Also, all this Buffy talk makes me happy my Buffy DVDs are *still* at my cousin's house. Which since she lives in Denver, makes me unable to watch them all right now when I should be doing other things. Even though I could really go for a marathon right about now.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*scrambles about frantically* You guys, I have so much to do and I haven't even packed for my flight. Has anyone seen my legwarmers and stun gun?

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I did try learning C so that I could code for it, and though I have studied programming in the past, I learned once again that my brain does not work right for programming.

Mine works for fairly simple code... Like PHP for getting info out of a database, and I did manage some C++ when I took a course in it, but I much prefer to have someone else do all the hard work for important things. :)

I can't stop laughing at the Dresden Files I'm listening to book #6 and I have to say that Jim Butcher really gets into the story in this one.

If you haven't read or listened to them, DO ET!

Love, love, love James Marsters as Dresden. I was so disappointed he didn't do the last book. :( The guy who did it was OK, but it just wasn't the same.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
*cringes*

I'd say get any other Floyd album than that one.

I'm with you on that one, for many of the same reasons. The Wall is like, really deep and meaningful. When you're sixteen. It still has its moments musically.

It's better than The Final Cut though!

Bummer. But not dire. And we need to cowrite. You owe me an email I think :)

We do. And I do. You will have mail tomorrow, my time.

Oh and a Cantina service announcement - the UK goes an hour into the future and British Summer Time this coming Sunday morning.

Will be seeing The Hunger Games this weekend. Anyone else?

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I found out about the Dresden books because of James Marsters fandom. Now I get them on release day.

(James is lovely to meet, by the way. I've gone to everything he does in SoCal since 2004. Good hugger.)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't like being an a**hole, especially when it's not intentional.

I probably listened to that album non-stop my entire way through high school, because it resonated with the sort of jaded, don't-fit-in, anti-authority place I was. I'm not sure I've listened to it more than once since then. At some point -- probably helped by the movie -- it started to really bother me how much of the album is Roger Waters ego-stroking his own dysfunctional relationships with women.

This is the cantina, I assume everything is said with humor by default. You would have to be a great deal more direct and personal to override my default setting. Seriously. Don't feel bad. I like Floyd, but it's not my philosophy for life, that falls to a guy named Yankovik.

Here.:Hug2:. No stresses. My lateness in replying is due to time difference + late night.

BTW, yesterday was a BIC day and I wrote... uh... 4838 words. :eek:

I guess I was on a roll! I'm only about a chapter and an epilogue away from this book being done. Then I can polish and send. it. out. I have an editor I soft-pitched it to who's interested.

Today, I need to judge some contest entries, so I don't know how much BIC I'll get.

5k, and yes, that can legitimately be rounded up to 5k. That is an awesome number.

*flicks brains off shoulder, shakes from hair*

That is disgusting. Stop doing that!

Also, I, uhm, was kidding.

I'm not kidding. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get brain fragments out of the carpet? Sheesh, if you are gonna continue doing that do it outside or in the kitchen on the linoleum.

Oh, I've got that. And a palletized load of monkey chow. And my hair clip knives. But this is vacation, so I need a few extra things.
Don't forget the :guns:,:whip:,:e2teeth:,:e2fight:,:e2chain:,
:e2sling: ,:flamethrower. The :brit can, in some circumstances, be used as a "get out of jail free" card. I suspect however, that it can only be used once before they are on to you.

:eek:

:Huh:

:e2cry:

:e2cookie: I found cookies.

cookies, the great Distractor.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I've missed yew gais. I haven't been around much because now the dayye jobbe is watchdogging us on the cmputer. Yes. There was a meeting. My boss made a lot of eye contact with me. I returned it. I am a bad mother trucker.

Good Morning!

*stares at calender* Dude, people, we are like, 4 weeks and counting until this baby comes. :eek:
tumblr_lte11bxpn61qg1b3n.gif

I still have a lot of shopping and prep that needs to be done. Guess I know what Mr. Kricket and I will be doing Saturday.

So, fyi, if I drop off the face of the internet around April 20th, you'll know why. I'll try to jump on quick sometime soon after the baby comes to let ya'll know how it went. :)

Anyway, enough about me and baby stuff. Let's talk about..... *fizzle and cracking noises in head, smoke coming from ears* ....

I'm going to go watch Stargate now. :D

babies take too much of time to bake....

on the same page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4gcLWm-OFg&feature=related

Our office opened a bag of jelly beans today.

The Starburst kind.

They are gone.

There are four people in my office.

Yeah.

Amateurs.

:) j/k!

Hello folks. I still exist on this plane. Or plain. Or airplane. Hi.

me too, also! hai!

It's been a stressful week. What with the meeting and the eye contact, the calling of the potential new apt complex and finding out I don't qualify (they will, however, take a co-signer. Like I want that after 10 years of living on my own recognizance. Oh well. My folks will do it.) Oh, and the guilt from not calling my sister on her birthday, or the next day. I am so stressed I just couldn't remember, even after sending myself emails and wriitng myself notes. I kept remembering too late. (She goes to sleep with the sun.)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one, for many of the same reasons. The Wall is like, really deep and meaningful. When you're sixteen. It still has its moments musically.

It's better than The Final Cut though!

We do. And I do. You will have mail tomorrow, my time.

Oh and a Cantina service announcement - the UK goes an hour into the future and British Summer Time this coming Sunday morning.

Will be seeing The Hunger Games this weekend. Anyone else?

Oh, hopefully I'll have the email by morning my time then :)

I mayyy see THGs this weekend but will prolly wait til next.

And I have serious Buffy withdraw and am ready to go through All The Seasons. Again. As of the day I finished the last epi. Soooo addicted.

In random news, why do shitty males think random bouts of snippy and rude jabs will get me to want to do business with them? Just because I dont turn on my heals doesnt mean I havent shitlisted you. And you wonder why sales are down.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bettie you are my hero. But dont get canned, even if it means moar CANtina time. Bwah ha ha.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Bettie you are my hero. But dont get canned, even if it means moar CANtina time. Bwah ha ha.

that warms my rotten little heart!

I think I repped someone that I actually drove by the theatre tonight... I so want to see Hunger Games... but there was way too much activity. I loathe crowds. I can usually go RIGHT after work on a weekday, and there is no one. I took a friend to see John Carter On Thursday and we were in a theatre with 4 other people. I know - you'll say, but it was John Carter. But when we went to see HP: Deathly Hollows 1 the week after it came out, we also had a theatre to ourselves with 4 people. I tell you.... if I didn't have to work today, I'd have gone to the midnight showings.

Oh, and John Carter wasn't bad. I rather enjoyed it. I was quite doubtful.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doubtful or dubious?

And I should check the local showtimes. I could get home, check on critter, and catch a 3:00 show easy; midweek.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I think I repped someone that I actually drove by the theatre tonight... I so want to see Hunger Games... but there was way too much activity. I loathe crowds.

I can't do movie theaters anymore. Ever since the advent of HD widescreen TVs, blu-ray players and home theater systems the whole draw of theaters--the experience of watching with other people--seems pointless when they text message or take calls all the time.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
(Bursts into Cantina.)

Wooooo! Tiny baby octopus!
tumblr_l5o4bcRfYe1qzkoe9o1_500.jpg

That's all I got.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
(Bursts into Cantina.)

Wooooo! Tiny baby octopus!
tumblr_l5o4bcRfYe1qzkoe9o1_500.jpg

That's all I got.

That is enough. That is COOL!

Oh, hopefully I'll have the email by morning my time then :)

I mayyy see THGs this weekend but will prolly wait til next.

And I have serious Buffy withdraw and am ready to go through All The Seasons. Again. As of the day I finished the last epi. Soooo addicted.

In random news, why do shitty males think random bouts of snippy and rude jabs will get me to want to do business with them? Just because I dont turn on my heals doesnt mean I havent shitlisted you. And you wonder why sales are down.

Well, it's because they are shitty males. Shitty males should be shot*. Shitty females as well. But the males first.

*Someone please warn me if I start doing the shitty male thing. I dun wanna get shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.