Not open for further replies.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Abby left the most glorious image in my reps not too long ago. I laugh (a bit maniacally) every time I see it. :D

Canada, actually. It was forged out of Canada. (I am cursed with one as well)

Zanzjan...Words cannot express my reaction. So...

:Wha:

:e2bouncey

:e2faint:

Now, please to excuse me, I have steak to grill and sweet potatoes to...do something to.

*blames Canada*

Heh, Colin Firth riding the taco?

tumblr_lgbwwbFP9R1qbswx9o1_400.jpg

K_Woods

9 of 10 Overlords prefer Evil Pie!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
web.itctel.com
Fen - kitteh is quite well.... I guess I've come to the fact that she hates being held more than ever, now. Getting fixed did not give her the friendlies. She will come beg for a pet, but she makes me reach for her.

I think that crap is going to come to an end. If she wants pets, she can come close and get them.

I did get a brief arm cuddle the other day, where she came and sat on my arm...

oh, this is hysterical, I forgot to close the blinds and she's attacking her image in the patio...going all "sideways cat" and her tail is all floofed out!

ok... I'll go close it.

Huh, Shiny is like that too. While we scheduled her and Ori to get fixed before they grew up, Shiny apparently started kitty puberty early (none of the really unpleasant stuff, thankfully, but she was starting to act like Stereotypical Cat and the vet had a little bit of a harder time with the operation). She used to be the friendly one, now she's kind of aloof. Time and treats have helped, although my husband has commented that it's like she tries to be affectionate...she just doesn't know how.

She used to :(

Funnily enough, Ori -- the one I nicknamed "tsundere kitty" back in the day -- is a total snuggle bunny now.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Welp, Diablo 3 has been down for the count for ~4 hours, so I may as well take a peek back here...

d910c_ORIG-whats_goin_on_in_this_thread_3.jpg

:D

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Fen - kitteh is quite well.... I guess I've come to the fact that she hates being held more than ever, now. Getting fixed did not give her the friendlies. She will come beg for a pet, but she makes me reach for her.

I think that crap is going to come to an end. If she wants pets, she can come close and get them.

I did get a brief arm cuddle the other day, where she came and sat on my arm...

oh, this is hysterical, I forgot to close the blinds and she's attacking her image in the patio...going all "sideways cat" and her tail is all floofed out!

ok... I'll go close it.

I've found the more love I bestow (in classic Looney Toons 'love him, squeeze him, and call him George' style), the more snuggley they get. Or possibly I just don't notice them trying to wiggle away as much. >.>

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a cat that would bite if you ignored his bumps for attention :)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Our cat just howls for attention and slowly starts to do crazier and crazier things until you do.

Morning cantinas :Sun:

Today will involve learning to type because I keep hitting all of the wrong keys.:D

Ah, no, today will involve, er, er, tea.

Back soon.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fixed it for you.

Zan, that is quite possibly the most hilarious thing I've seen this year.

Did you see in the Twitterverse where she was contemplating Shatner in the remake?

I stand by my original assessment.

Even if it was fairly talented wrongness.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've found the more love I bestow (in classic Looney Toons 'love him, squeeze him, and call him George' style), the more snuggley they get. Or possibly I just don't notice them trying to wiggle away as much. >.>

You contemplating making a wristwatch out of him?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Did you see in the Twitterverse where she was contemplating Shatner in the remake?

The Shat only really works in certain things - Star Trek (obviously), T.J. Hooker and $#*! My Dad Says were fine, but in other things he often feels like he's there because of stunt casting.

And I despise the ridiculousness of most remakes... If I have seen already something, why would I want to see a bad Xerox of the original?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Shat only really works in certain things - Star Trek (obviously), T.J. Hooker and $#*! My Dad Says were fine, but in other things he often feels like he's there because of stunt casting.

No love for the spider-flick?

(And he was perfect in his role on Boston legal.)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I never watched Boston Legal because of one of the other actors in it (and there is no way I would suffer through their abysmal, awful loathsome presence just to see the rest of the show), but I'll admit that Kingdom Of The Spiders was an entertaining cheese-fest of the highest order. Not something that is ever going to be remembered as a highlight of Western culture.

And he was decent, if not staggeringly original, in Third Rock From The Sun, but, really, that was EPIC stunt casting...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I stand by my original assessment.

Even if it was fairly talented wrongness.

I did not.

*must to research*

Buuuuuuuuut, since we're on the topic of The Shat, I present unto thee.....

TEH AWESOMEZ

Behold the greatness, mortals!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Good morning!

Positives: My foot is finally starting to feel better!

Negatives: In the attempt to put less pressure on my foot while walking, I seem to have screwed up my back.

Positives: The very first book I've edited for the publisher I'm working for is off my plate and will be published in a month. I am super excited.

And I've learned that I really need to up my game as an author. LOL.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Buuuuuuuuut, since we're on the topic of The Shat, I present unto thee.....

TEH AWESOMEZ

Behold the greatness, mortals!

No "Lucy in the Sky"?"

I once heard him say in an interview that he never really approached it as singing, more like spoken poetry. And he recently released another album.

No, seriously, he did.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
For all the jokes heaped upon him, The Shat really isn't that bad of an actor. Yeah, they make fun of his delivery and it later probably ended up as a self-caricature.

But the man played Shakespeare. And worked with Christopher Plummer. And he was on Broadway with Walter Matthau.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Ace - you should know by now that I love his work. I really am not dissing the man, and if you need proof of his acting chops, there are plenty of one-off appearances scattered around his credits where he out-acts even the big name stars of the franchises he guests in. It's just... The casting people are often really, really uninspired. Hopelessly so. I would love to see him given something really meaty instead of a sit-com, so he can show that he has the ability to command the screen again rather than crack wise with his co-stars.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
That's going to earn you a lecture...

*gives stern look*

I didn't *try* to screw up my back... It's just kinda hard to walk correctly when your foot hurts.

It's plantar fasciitis. Not much to be done but keep off it, take NSAIDs, do stretches, and wear an insert in my shoe. I keep off it as much as possible, but I kinda still need to do things like go to work and keep house.

Status
Not open for further replies.