XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I can see no one watched the video I posted yesterday. :e2bummed:

I watched it! I just hadn't realised they actually did it. :)

Bos, you are seriously creepy. :eek:

Bos has teh awesomes! Although, yeah, sometimes a little creepy...

Hey, did you see that a long lost medieval manuscript of a cookbook has been found at the British library?

I am totally and completely convinced that is real. Especially after reading the author's name. *blinks innocently*

Also, avatar thief is scawy, so I haven't posted anything. Hopefully, Superman will keep him/her at bay....

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
April Fool's Day is over, and I was feeling very bad-girl-like. So I switched to my bimbo avatar.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, this writer is now blocked.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Barbara's back! A little shaken from the experience but none the worse for wear. That might have been a tad too much excitement when you're 104 years old.

She'd like to say that her abductors were very courteous and treated her like the lady she is. But now she'll dust her skirt off, renew her lipstick and face the new day.

And good morning Cantina.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Barbara's back! A little shaken from the experience but none the worse for wear. That might have been a tad too much excitement when you're 104 years old.

She'd like to say that her abductors were very courteous and treated her like the lady she is. But now she'll dust her skirt off, renew her lipstick and face the new day.

And good morning Cantina.

Thank the lord. They don't make women like that anymore. It's a pity.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Are we normal yet?

What am I saying?

ETA Nope, apparently the darn thief still has my pixels. Maybe I should go get an avie...

Whenever anyone in the Cantina uses the word "normal" in relation to other Cantinaites, I always add "for us" it makes so much more sense that way.

Good morning. I think they are about to kick me out of the teachers room. They want everyone to go home early. I don't think I'll complain.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning. I think they are about to kick me out of the teachers room. They want everyone to go home early. I don't think I'll complain.

No, no, don't complain, but why do they want you to go home early? I thought the thing was to try and stay forever and look like you're working super hard.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So who dunnit?

And I have my lesson today so I won't be able to get on my full computer til Tuesday. Maybe I can grab something off my camera roll...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
According to the blurb on the bulletin board it was Susie and we are now slowly returning to normal (for us)

I am debating about whether to get an avie or not to replace the space where my pixels go.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
No, no, don't complain, but why do they want you to go home early? I thought the thing was to try and stay forever and look like you're working super hard.

It is technically spring break, no classes, and they are trying to get the workaholic Japanese folk to go home. I'm just waiting for someone to leave. I don't want to be first all the time.

And the "working super hard" is usually reduced to "working" and only in a limited sense. If you are at your desk and the computer is turned on, they tend to be happy. Took me a long time to figure that out.

These guys working 70 hours a week. They were reading email and browsing the web.

Head teacher just said, "come on guys, go home already."

I'm gone, see you later.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Damn it, why does television always depict cerebral palsy to be the same as mentally disabled?

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Damn it, why does television always depict cerebral palsy to be the same as mentally disabled?

I don't know but it's stupid :(

Morning folks. Three-day week this week as we break up for Easter hols on Wednesday. Woop woop!

Wut up folks?

Also, do we have to change our avatars back ourselves? *grumbles*

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Because people are idiots. My father suffered two severe cerebral hemorrhages when I was a child which left a large part of his body paralyzed. People treated him like he was mentally disabled all the time, never talking to him when one of us was present and asking us, for example, if my father wanted a cookie. :gaah

Debio

Registered
Reaction score

I was going to make some abnoxious comment about people being stupid or assholes. But it is more basic than that.

It is people being ignorant and not doing their homework, this is combined with, if it sounds good, it's good enough.

People do that crap in the weirdest situations. My wife speaks English. A little slow, since we speak Japanese most of the time, but she understands wonderfully. I don't have to be careful at all. And yet, and yet, my mother, god bless her, talks to my wife like my wife is three.

She treats my wife like she is mentally disabled. Then she wonders why my wife doesn't want to go visit. I love my mom. I call almost once a week. But, even knowing she doesn't mean to be mean, I get annoyed and don't try to put the effort into getting my wife to go for a visit.

I can only imagine how much worse it is for people who have their physical disabilities mistaken like that.

Here is my own personal :gaah

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

Didn't wake up until 5:30 instead of my usual 4 this morning. But I did go to bed late and took awhile to fall asleep, so I guess it's all the same.

....Aaaaaand, I have nothing to talk about that isn't baby related. There is literally nothing else on my mind. A little annoying but whatever.

So how's your Monday treating you?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
And to help y'all wake up and get started today, I offer you This!

My goal in life is to be Felicia Day.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So did we ever catch the Avatar Thief?

And three cheers to the AW team for another successful (and enteratining) April Fool's adventure!

Morning gang. Whut up?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
And to help y'all wake up and get started today, I offer you This!

My goal in life is to be Felicia Day.

Okay, for posting that link you may have your choice of:

1. A marriage proposal. (just don't tell my wife, or your husband)

2. 24 hours of goddess worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.