Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: January 2012 Blog Chain

First post is up! It's non-fiction, a first for me, and a bit whiny besides. But it was quite cathartic nonetheless.

areteus' two-day window begins tomorrow at sunrise CST (but early posting is permitted and may even be rewarded with real or imagined cookies).
    Excerpts from Nonexistent Books - my literary blog and daily writing exercise all rolled up into one! Short sections of books that don't (and perhaps shouldn't) exist. Like what you see? Purchase a print or ebook version!

Quote Originally Posted by orion_mk3 View Post
    First post is up! It's non-fiction, a first for me, and a bit whiny besides.
    LOL, I didn't think it was whiny. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneSeese View Post
    Just make sure to keep an eye on the thread, as it moves along quickly. It will be your turn before you know it!
    Thanks Suzanne. I "subscribed" to the thread to help me keep track.

Even though it's quarter after ten local time, I declare it sunrise. areteus, you may commence dazzling us.
    Excerpts from Nonexistent Books - my literary blog and daily writing exercise all rolled up into one! Short sections of books that don't (and perhaps shouldn't) exist. Like what you see? Purchase a print or ebook version!

areteus has one day left. Do let's have a post and not get things off to a bad (or should I say Octoberish?) start!

Comfortably numb by rejections SuzanneSeese's Avatar
    First post is up! It's non-fiction, a first for me, and a bit whiny besides. But it was quite cathartic nonetheless.
    Whooops I did it again. I commented on your post while logged into my other blog. So sorry if there is any confusion.
    Suzanne Seese

Writer's Blog: View of Sue
    Humor Blog: Farvel Cargo

"Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?" -Simon Pegg, Shaun of the Dead
    "You must never hesitate." - Sean Connery, The Rock

Whooops I did it again. I commented on your post while logged into my other blog. So sorry if there is any confusion.
    Nah, I pretty much assume all comments are from one of the gang here. I don't know about the rest of you, but AW and the blog chain accounts for something like 95% of my comments and 75% of my hits!

practical experience, FTW MamaStrong's Avatar
    I'm ready to do mine during the day tomorrow since I am up next! :d

Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    I'm ready to do mine during the day tomorrow since I am up next! :d
    That's good, because areteus has slid ignominiously to the bottom of the chain with nary a peep. Begin the healing process, MamaStrong.

You may also bump me up, mine is ready as well.

Writing from my Seaside Palace Diana_Rajchel's Avatar
    Oh phew, I thought I'd missed my turn.

Available at:
    Amazon, Amazon UK
    Barnes and Noble
    Powell's

I'll have it posted by this afternoon

practical experience, FTW Turndog-Millionaire's Avatar
    I'm also at the ready whenever you need me... not that i'm impatient or anything

**he says sat twiddling thumbs**

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)
    Create the Ultimate Author Platform: Download How To Build An Author House for FREE

My Blog l Twitter l Facebook l Goodreads

Very well, I've bumped you eager beavers to the top of the queue. You'll get all the glory, but be warned: run out the clock and there will be twice the ignominy

It was a Dark and Snowy Week

here is my true story of my Winter Nightmare. It was really hard to write this, but I'm glad I did. I'll be adding the other blog links soon, I just have to type them up single handily, and it takes time.

Comfortably numb by rejections SuzanneSeese's Avatar
    I'll be adding the other blog links soon, I just have to type them up single handily, and it takes time.
    Can't you just copy and paste?
    Suzanne Seese

Writer's Blog: View of Sue
    Humor Blog: Farvel Cargo

"Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?" -Simon Pegg, Shaun of the Dead
    "You must never hesitate." - Sean Connery, The Rock

pyrosama, as an eager beaver, was promoted to next place. Let's see what you've got!

Can't you just copy and paste?
    sadly no. Every time I try to do that it makes the blog look weird. No worries. I'll work on it after my demon...err...I mean daughter goes to bed tonight.

Excellent, I could use a little more time.

My Blogs
    :
    Living and Working in China: Dealing with Chinese business, society and culture.
    Let's Get Happy A motivational and self-help blog.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_mk3 View Post
    pyrosama, as an eager beaver, was promoted to next place. Let's see what you've got!

Okay! It's different, but fun!!! lol

New Year's Pot Luck

E. Beaver #2, Turndog-Millionaire, go!

practical experience, FTW Turndog-Millionaire's Avatar
    Thanks for bumping me

The longer i had to wait for more chance of me editing, changing, and ultimately driving me insane would happen

Here's my Post

I hope you enjoy my dark musings (my writing isn't usually that dark by the way)

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)
    Create the Ultimate Author Platform: Download How To Build An Author House for FREE

My Blog l Twitter l Facebook l Goodreads

I should be writing. Alpha Echo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    It was a Dark and Snowy Week

here is my true story of my Winter Nightmare. It was really hard to write this, but I'm glad I did. I'll be adding the other blog links soon, I just have to type them up single handily, and it takes time.
    For some reason, I can't read it.

You can bump me up...I'm gone this weekend until Monday evening, and I can't guarentee I'll be online all that much. So if you can get me in, or give me the go ahead, I'm ready.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
    T.E. Lawrence

Seems like everyone jumped on this month's prompt. Mine is ready as well, but I will sit back and wait my turn.
    Shards of Glass ~ Revising based on beta feedback.
    Rekindle ~ Working Title ~ 8,695 words. ON HOLD.

THIS IS LIFE (My Blog)
    Sharing God's Truth (A Devotional Blog)

And I Tweet.

I write with crayons. LilGreenBookworm's Avatar
    I am all ready to go with mine as well, but I can go any time, so if Alpha Echo wants to go ahead of me that's ok.
    One toddler, one 24/7 stay-at-home mom, one hell of a time trying to write.

When my eyes shut down for the night, my brain stirs up a big ol' pot of weirdness.

Guest bloggers always welcome!

I guess I'd better make sure mine is done sometime tomorrow morning, this is zooming along.

My Blogs
    :
    Living and Working in China: Dealing with Chinese business, society and culture.
    Let's Get Happy A motivational and self-help blog.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast