January 2012 Blog Chain

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. If there's still room/time, I'd like to participate.
Sure I'll add you. We have room, but it's going to be tight. Thread updates will cease Jan. 27 due to travel on my part, so if too many people take the full two days not to post there may be a hangnail into February.

Incidentally, in_one has less than 24 hours to get that post up.

Inkstrokes

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid to find the place where I'm not living.
Website
drlong67.wordpress.com
Feb Prompt

I like the "Second Chances". I like it so much, in fact, on the drive home from the cottage a story presented itself. When I got home I wrote. And wrote and wrote. 1500 words later, it is too long, sadly for a blog chain.
I may clean it up and submit it to a writing contest though, so thank-you chain-bloggers!

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
I like the "Second Chances". I like it so much, in fact, on the drive home from the cottage a story presented itself. When I got home I wrote. And wrote and wrote. 1500 words later, it is too long, sadly for a blog chain.
I may clean it up and submit it to a writing contest though, so thank-you chain-bloggers!

That's terrific! Have you considered posting it in SYW? Of course, you only want to do that if you are looking for critiques, but it is a great way to share and get some help with polishing before you sub to a contest. *shrugs shoulders*

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Inkstrokes is up next. Look for the February thread signups to begin whenever I can be arsed to make the thread.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Literateparakeet, please excuse my ignorance, but what is SYW?

It's "Share Your Work". A forum (sub-divided into many smaller forums), for members to share their work and receive critiques.

It's password protected to prevent the web spiders from viewing. The password is: vista

Here's the link to get you started, but you can also access it from the main menu.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
These Mean Streets can bring our chain to a close, after which the droplings will get a second shot.

These Mean Streets

We Could Be Heroes
Registered
Reaction score
Since I got off to a late start, I'll need the two days to complete mine. I'll have it up by 7:00 pm Pacific Time Wednesday.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Not a problem. As long as it's up by Friday the 27th, you're okay. What with being the last link in the chain and all.

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
Please put me on this as well. Using This Blog. http://writingofme.blogspot.com/ So excited though my post won't be really pleasant.

Hey - I REALLY want to try to comment on this, but none of the id options would allow me. It doesn't even recognize my livejournal id for some reason. Just wanted to let you know I did make an attempt.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Hey - I REALLY want to try to comment on this, but none of the id options would allow me. It doesn't even recognize my livejournal id for some reason. Just wanted to let you know I did make an attempt.
I had the same problem; the only option available was to reply to an existing comment.

Inkstrokes

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid to find the place where I'm not living.
Website
drlong67.wordpress.com

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Just a reminder as the chain winds down: do try to comment on everyone, even if your turn has already come and gone!