bannedbooks

Read a Banned Book

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Iconic Publishing, LLC / Jonquil Press / Red Lizard Press

waxing digital artistic Gale Haut's Avatar
    I just got Victoria's update in my email from the Writer Beware Blog. I'm really sorry to see this sort of thing happen.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Nothing published this year, Jonquil Press site is gone, and Red Lizard is stagnant. Good riddance.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager

Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Not gone

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    Nothing published this year, Jonquil Press site is gone, and Red Lizard is stagnant. Good riddance.
    Just to be clear: Iconic still has books for sale on Amazon.com, even though three out of five authors have sent letters of termination. Iconic refuses to waive first right of refusal, so the authors cannot even self-publish subsequent books. He has a current contract to publish another book by Wayne Zurl, but I'm not sure what has happened with that. So while there were no new works published by Iconic in 2013, he continues to hold several authors' careers hostage, and he continues to make money on their work. I wish good riddance were in order.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Iconic is in existence at this point.
    Emily Veinglory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234