Writing in the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Writing for me is having the premiere of a movie playing in my head - and I'm the only viewer. Puma

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I agree. Sometimes, the process is intensely visual. I'll treat character formation almost as an interview Q & A process. I often outline whole stories or scenes in my head. When I physically sit down to write, it spills out quickly. Of course, I still have massive rewriting and editing to do, but I love that first foray into the story.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I've written in my head, but not too far in advance. I tend to do it as I go, if that makes sense--one sentence at a time. I also utilize visual images, but that is more pre-writing. I use music to stimulate the creative mojo and let it unfold kind of like a movie trailer.

I love reading about how others do it, though. Sometimes, if I'm struggling, trying on a new method "hat" helps considerably.

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
I evolve my story at night while I'm waiting for the sandman. Then next day I articulate the images I saw in my minds eye, in the dark. Yeah, weird, but that's how I've evoked the fictional world for eight of my twelve releases, the others came in dreams. I know, wacky, what can I say.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
You write on a ship, in the toilet?

Huh. I thought only Patrick O'Brian did that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.