Bought My Husband a Football Team For Christmas

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
DH is now a proud shareholder of the Green Bay Packers! This is only the second time in 60 years the team has offered up shares.

We stayed in the Green Bay area for a year for one of DH's projects and fell in love with the city and the team. We like to bring something home from our travels that represents and reminds us of where we've been. Couldn't think of a better souvenier.

Too bad my computer's been acting up so I had to ask my husband to get online with his work laptop and actually order it. Oh, and he paid for it. But it was my idea, so that counts, right?<g>

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Nice thought and followthrough ... heard about it on the news this morning.
Even better ... he'll never be tempted to sell it because he can't :)

Nice idea for a fund raiser eh? The donor and the team both happy with this arrangement.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking of the line from Pink Floyd's "Money" that goes "Think I'll buy me a football team," and finally after all these years decades, it just now occurs to me that they might have meant what we in the USA would call a soccer team.

Okay, sorry for the derail. :D

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
You do know you could have bought the entire Indianapolis Colts team for him for less money?

You mean the former, Baltimore Colts? B'more still isn't over that defection. At least we have the Baltimore Thugs, I mean Ravens.<g>

EM,
a Marylander, even tho I'm only here part-time.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I own a small part of Norwich City football club. I believe my portion is in the toilets inside the River End.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just bought a share for my adult daughter. She's a major football fan. Now she'll have voting rights.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.

smile.gif

I totally agree! Which is why birthdays, anniverseries and christmas are no big deal. <g>

And welcome to the cooler!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
How cool is that?! Hubby andI have been kicking around doing the same thing. The Packers have to be the coolest team evah.