December W1S1 blog chain

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
We've been discussing blog chains in the Novel Challenge Hub, and i figured we should probably settle on a topic, otherwise we'll be deep into the silly season before we figure out what we're going to blog-chain about.

I also figured we could extend out the blog chain to include those of us doing the Short Fiction Challenge, too.

So, therefore, and suchlike and thereon in, i've made an executive decision (but if you don't agree just tell me and i can executively change it).

December's blog chain topic/prompt is: Plan of attack (or, How are you going to reach your writing goals?)

Sign up for the chain here in the thread. I'll try to get things rolling tonight. Then whoever is next has two days to get a post up and so on. Basically the order will be the order of sign-up; i'll keep a list in this opening post. If you miss your post, then i'll move you down to the bottom of the list so you get another chance.

Who's in?

Izz: Post up!
alexshvarstman: Post up!
Aggy B.: Post up!
mhaynes: Post up!
Jennifer B: Post up!
katsincommand: Post up!
Opinionated Ant: Post up!
Amberly: Post up!

#

January's topic will be an adaptation of the meme JenniferB suggested here. It'll be adapted into an interview with a character type scenario. Noveleers, you could choose the main character from your WiP if you so desired, and Short Story Architects, you could interview one of your favorite story characters.

Last edited:

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in.

I've never participated in the blog chain before, so let me know when I should make the post, and if I should link to the next/previous blog or what. Not sure, exactly, how this works.

My blog is at www.alexshvartsman.com

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Sweet!

I'm new to this, too, Alex. Pretty much i'll let you know here when my post is up, and then you've got two days to put up a post of your own.

And yeah, we should include links in our blog post. How about a link to the person who posted before you and a link to the person who will be posting after you? I know the blog chains in the blogging subforum link to all the participants, but might that be overkill? I'm not sure either way, so am more than open to suggestions.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I'll do it. I already wrote a post defining my goals. I can do one to follow up on how I intend to meet those goals. :)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good, Izz! Let me know your ETA on the post so I can have something prepared :)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
My plan is tonight (about 6-8 hours from now). We shall see, though :)

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I don't blog...yet. And I mostly signed up for the novel challenge to give myself a commitment and a deadline. (Works like a charm. I usually stop writing cold during the holiday season, but am keeping writing, albeit a bit less than outside the holiday season.)

I'll bop in periodically into the blog chain...if I can figure it out.

I may set up a website and starting blogging next year, in which case...

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I don't blog...yet. And I mostly signed up for the novel challenge to give myself a commitment and a deadline. (Works like a charm. I usually stop writing cold during the holiday season, but am keeping writing, albeit a bit less than outside the holiday season.)

I'll bop in periodically into the blog chain...if I can figure it out.

I may set up a website and starting blogging next year, in which case...

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Well, if you do get to blogging, you know where we're at. But yes, writing story words definitely takes priority :)

Sounds like fun. I'm in!
Kewl. :hooray:

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh that was fast! Let me know who's up next after me, so I can link to your post and to their blog.

Aggy B.

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Aggy B.

Registered
Reaction score
Oh! But, I will be away from computer until Monday night (in case the chain moves super fast, but I think I'm safe).

I think you're fine. Michael said he would be posting Monday morning, so whoever is next after that will have a couple of days before they have to post. :)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
i'm in too. http://worddabbler.blogspot.com/

think it will get me back into the blogging... just reading about the chain got me trying out new themes on blogger. (Which I had to start over when I didn't save me theme right!)
Yay! I'm also hoping this will kickstart me blogging again. I stick to my writing routine so much better when i blog about it.

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Last edited: