AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Calling Card Thread (Poems by AWers)

Threaded View

Arrow Calling Card Thread (Poems by AWers)

hi all:

this might be a bust, but i hope that's not the case.

i thought it would be nice to have a thread where each contributor to the poetry forum, whether a one-timer or a regular, could post an original poem that in some way conveys their style, their level in the craft, or just an emotion or philosophical musing that in some way represents them.

so, consider it an open invitation. my only request is that we use this thread for the poems only (with an explanatory note, if you'd like), rather than breaking the flow with comments or crits. such responses are, of course, welcome in a separate thread.

UPDATE: i've opened a separate thread for discussion of any of the poems posted. please post comments, questions, etc. there.

so there you go. i'm going to look through my stuff and see what i can come up with, and i hope some of you will do the same.

it would be nice to have a place that illustrates the range of poets who visit here.

-william
    Last edited by William Haskins; 12-06-2005 at 06:51 AM.

Thorn Forest: A Gift for AW

My poems on Twitter. Please proceed in an orderly fashion.