Virtual Book Tour?? Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a virtual book tour? I keep seeing this all over the internet and want some tips on where to start...

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :Sun:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Basically you need to recruit hosts or get a service to do this for you. Then provide each with a package of material or time (chats etc), prizes or whatever you want. Then agree on a date. Make sure the blogs actually have some followers and that there is something in it for the blog and its readers.

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
thanks for replying veinglory!

when you say "package of material" what do you mean?

Like a giveaway? Does it have to be like a chatroom or something? I think this is where i'm getting stuck...

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
They differ a lot. Some have contests and do pretty much the same thing at each stop. Others have different material for each stop so people follow the whole tour.

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok... If i'm already doing a giveaway on a certain blog, should I include it in my virtual tour?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't mind paying, there are a lot of organizations that will organize a blog tour for you. Might I recommend:
- Novel Publicity (has a lot of connections but prices are pretty high)
- Lightning Book Promotions (not as many connections - but still good - and much more affordable)

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much eward, that's awesome!

I just signed up... i'll let you guys know how it goes.

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
So I signed up for the site but only a couple of the blogs on there pertained to my actual genre for Save the Pearls Part One REVEALING EDEN... (YA fantasy/fiction, dystopian, etc...)

I contacted the ones who did so we'll wait and see what they say.

Overall that's a really cool site though! depending on your genre you may have more luck than me eward.

thanks for your help!

P.S. i'm also researching podcasts that focus on writing and authors... if I find any I'll let you guys know! :Hug2:

Lavinia

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. You asked exactly what I was looking for. Please do let us know how it goes. I'm a few days behind you. Yay! ~Karen

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
I definitely will Lavinia!

Right now I'm working on doing a podcast interview for my webpage as one of the stops... I'm going to ask FB and Twitter fans for question about me and my book and then I'm going to record an interview of me answering them. I'll potentially give them some sort of incentive for participating too... (book discount or something)

basically for every stop I'll either give away a book or offer discounted books for paticipants i think.

(obviously I'm still sorting it all out!) :)

I'll update periodically as I figure out more... please do the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.