Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.


 

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 53 of 179 FirstFirst ... 32843474849505152535455565758596378103128153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4458

Thread: Authors should really stop telling readers how to give reviews

  1. #1301
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    Surely the website host has some TOS wording about their services being used to stalk and harass others. I wonder if anyone's thought to contact them and see what can be done. Someone affected grabbing screencaps in case it 'disappears'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  2. #1302
    Whatever I did, I didn't do it. Phaeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    9,231
    Mentioned this earlier in the thread, I think, but seriously. This newest crap makes M. R. James's great short "Casting the Runes" seem more and more credible, and timely.

    Read it below if you dare:

    http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/24088/
    SUMM0NED (T0R, available NOW!) Real magic becomes real trouble when Sean summons the wrong familiar.



    And so it goes.

    Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

    Website: http://annempillsworth.com/

  3. #1303
    practical experience, FTW
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,090
    Hello lovelies I've got some more detective work on my part for you. This is because I am interested to know which authors are supporting this debacle.

    Ok more authors sort of siding with the stopthegrbullies.com website:

    D0nna White Gl@ser
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/367787528

    J@mes Austen ... one of the culprits maybe?
    http://www.goodreads.com/user_status/show/12287130

    These comments are referring to J@mes Austen
    https://twitter.com/HeidiBelleau/sta...61436879237120
    https://twitter.com/HeidiBelleau/sta...64183955419137

    Alici@ Wright Brewster
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/368188731

    Keny@ Wright - I feel we've come across this person before. I think she tagged her book with Stacia's on Amazon right?
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/368188199

    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/366332658

    ETA:

    RT @dearauthor: Giving the bullies at StoptheGRBullies a platform on your site is distasteful. http://twofantasyfloozies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ^ the above site is giving me vibes of STGRB site.

    EFTA:

    https://twitter.com/dearauthor/statu...89933167890433

    https://twitter.com/KellyJamieson/st...99775894962177
    https://twitter.com/dearauthor/statu...02041796390912

    https://twitter.com/dearauthor/statu...22331045728256
    https://twitter.com/dearauthor/statu...22705198612480

    EFTA2:

    I suppose the people and authors who are commenting on this post are supporting the website:
    http://www.thepassivevoice.com/07/20...reads-bullies/

    Anon
    K@t Sheridan http://www.thepassivevoice.com/07/20...#comment-41480

    Ok f*ck me this comment:

    K@t SheridanJuly 11, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    Read some of the blog posts there and then tell me those people don’t deserve to be outed. For FUN, they psychologically torture and harrass people. Read the “farewell” from the author who will never write again because of the harrassment she endured at GR. It’s only a matter of time before someone kills themselves because of these bullies. And oh, won’t we all be eating popcorn, then.

    In every area of our lives, we have a moral obligation to stand up to bullies. This isn’t about critical reviews. It’s about some sick tickets getting their jollies by hounding people.

    http://www.thepassivevoice.com/07/20...#comment-41498
    Last edited by fireluxlou; 07-18-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  4. #1304
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by fireluxlou View Post
    Hello lovelies I've got some more detective work on my part for you. This is because I am interested to know which authors are supporting this debacle.

    Ok more authors sort of siding with the stopthegrbullies.com website:
    I'm not going to lie here. The more this goes on, the worse it looks for both sides. I'm reading some of the comments about 'author's bad behavior' and I'm not seeing much maturity coming out of it. It's awfully reminiscent of fandom when the BNFs start rallying around to attack 'the enemy'. Even down to the outing of personal information and making phone calls.

    And I'm sorry. This Ridley? Not doing much to endear me to their side, either. Shelving an author's book with a snide tag and then leaving a 'review'/comment? Sure they're entitled to their opinion. But was:

    'Ridley's review Jul 14, 12
    bookshelves: bratty-authors-to-avoid
    Nope'


    ...really that informative for the reader? That 'review' didn't do me a whole hell of a lot of good. Where's the meat? Where's the, oh, call me silly, review of the book.

    Snotty bookshelf tags that are backhanded author attacks really aren't useful nor is it making 'their side' look any better.

    Most everyone's behaving badly at this point on Goodreads. I can't comment more because I don't know any of these people. I don't know if they write in a genre I read, but I don't recognize them at all.

    If, as I suspect, this is YA? This is a very sad light being shone on the category as a whole. I'm so sorry for those authors and reviewers who are actually acting like the adults they are because they are getting caught in the highschool/fandom shenanigan backsplatter of this explosive mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  5. #1305
    practical experience, FTW
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,090
    Ok lol after the last comment thought it'd be good to do a new comment instead or that one will just become confusing.

    A user on the passiveblog talked of J@mie Maguire and her friend Jessica P@rker

    Iola
    The STGRB site seems to feature one author who is well-know for tag-teaming her BFF (she’s even done it here http://www.thepassivevoice.com/06/20...ssive+Voice%29).

    She then criticises customers who give her BFF low reviews:

    http://www.amazon.com/review/R3O2K45...wasThisHelpful
    or
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R2AVCW0...wasThisHelpful
    and argues with her own reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Z0JKL...wasThisHelpful

    (Perhaps PG can give us an opinion on when a YA book isn’t YA).

  6. #1306
    practical experience, FTW
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by bearilou View Post
    I'm not going to lie here. The more this goes on, the worse it looks for both sides. I'm reading some of the comments about 'author's bad behavior' and I'm not seeing much maturity coming out of it. It's awfully reminiscent of fandom when the BNFs start rallying around to attack 'the enemy'. Even down to the outing of personal information and making phone calls.

    And I'm sorry. This Ridley? Not doing much to endear me to their side, either. Shelving an author's book with a snide tag and then leaving a 'review'/comment? Sure they're entitled to their opinion. But was:

    'Ridley's review Jul 14, 12
    bookshelves: bratty-authors-to-avoid
    Nope'


    ...really that informative for the reader? That 'review' didn't do me a whole hell of a lot of good. Where's the meat? Where's the, oh, call me silly, review of the book.

    Snotty bookshelf tags that are backhanded author attacks really aren't useful nor is it making 'their side' look any better.

    Most everyone's behaving badly at this point on Goodreads. I can't comment more because I don't know any of these people. I don't know if they write in a genre I read, but I don't recognize them at all.

    If, as I suspect, this is YA? This is a very sad light being shone on the category as a whole. I'm so sorry for those authors and reviewers who are actually acting like the adults they are because they are getting caught in the highschool/fandom shenanigan backsplatter of this explosive mess.
    I agree completely. It's all very juvenile from both sides. Just trying to see where it all started and because I am so nosey I want to read all the comments lol!

    I don't think it's explicity YA but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 'authors' though were from sites originally like figment.com wattpad.com or that harper collins site which was sold to figment as that's where some of them have originated from and that kind of mentality is all over those kind of sites.

    It's more of a Fandom mentality tbh. Like this kind of drama of attacking reviewers and stuff you'd find on fanfiction.net in fandom communities and the other sites I mentioned.

  7. #1307
    Avid reader and lover of fiction Lexxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by fireluxlou View Post
    Wow how could anyone defend this site:



    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/234375340
    I had an ARC to review her debut book, but I contacted the publisher yesterday and explained that I didn't feel comfortable doing that now. Especially because the book is supposed to be about how bullying is wrong, and that even people who feel bullied should not 'pay back' by bullying themselves.
    Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life. ~ Mortimer Adler

  8. #1308
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by fireluxlou View Post
    It's more of a Fandom mentality tbh. Like this kind of drama of attacking reviewers and stuff you'd find on fanfiction.net in fandom communities and the other sites I mentioned.
    Yes! How sad I was when I realized the wording I was looking for was fandom flame wars while in the shower but you hit it square on.

    I expect this kind of behavior from those places. Looks like I can lump Goodreads in with them? I hate that. I liked Goodreads and was feeling kind of like a fraud that I wasn't reviewing under this online ID or even under my real name.

    Now I'm glad I do. Although to be fair, I don't run with a particular crowd, like or comment on many other reviews or comments, and keep pretty close to myself and the few people I've connected with from here on AW. It's very quiet and I like it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  9. #1309
    volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,003
    I see Goodreads as primarily a social network with no obligation to provide useful reviews for stranger-readers. A person's comments there have only the standing that their friend-readers give them. That is why such a concerted response is completely disproportionate.
    Emily Veinglory

  10. #1310
    I shelve books as will-never-read for a variety of reasons. I've seen people equate "immature" behavior with posting phone numbers and giving threatening calls. Ridley isn't even a "big name" YA reviewer on GR. She's primarily a romance reviewer. Hell, this isn't even authors vs reviewers. It's a group (really, one person) of "indie" authors throwing around the word "bully" at those they perceive as mean. It's not really connected to the earlier YA drama.

    Having used ff.net and GR for years quite frequently, I'd say GR has a log way to go before they catch up with FF.net wankery. I just wish it'd blow over. At this point, it's doing nothing but clog my feed and it's really annoying.

  11. #1311
    practical experience, FTW MDSchafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,827
    Rotten Tomatoes had to suspend comments on their site because so many people were being torching reviewers who dared to dislike the new Batman movie.

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-17-20-39-55

  12. #1312
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by thebloodfiend View Post
    I shelve books as will-never-read for a variety of reasons. I've seen people equate "immature" behavior with posting phone numbers and giving threatening calls. Ridley isn't even a "big name" YA reviewer on GR. She's primarily a romance reviewer. Hell, this isn't even authors vs reviewers. It's a group (really, one person) of "indie" authors throwing around the word "bully" at those they perceive as mean. It's not really connected to the earlier YA drama.
    Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I still see some of Ridley's shelving wording as being a bit backhandedly insulting of the author, not the author's books but eh...she's entitled to do just as she pleases.

    As veinglory stated above, I really can see GR as a social networking site than an actual serious review cataloging site so that does change the tenor of what I can and will expect in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebloodfiend View Post
    Having used ff.net and GR for years quite frequently, I'd say GR has a log way to go before they catch up with FF.net wankery. I just wish it'd blow over. At this point, it's doing nothing but clog my feed and it's really annoying.
    I've seen some fandom wankery in my day and not just on ff.net. This is not as epic as some since it does seem to be so localized for the most part. It's still fandom wankish and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and leaves me questioning the relative maturity of those involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  13. #1313
    Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard. willietheshakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Semi-sunny Victoria BC
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by thebloodfiend View Post
    I shelve books as will-never-read for a variety of reasons. I've seen people equate "immature" behavior with posting phone numbers and giving threatening calls. Ridley isn't even a "big name" YA reviewer on GR. She's primarily a romance reviewer. Hell, this isn't even authors vs reviewers. It's a group (really, one person) of "indie" authors throwing around the word "bully" at those they perceive as mean. It's not really connected to the earlier YA drama.

    Having used ff.net and GR for years quite frequently, I'd say GR has a log way to go before they catch up with FF.net wankery. I just wish it'd blow over. At this point, it's doing nothing but clog my feed and it's really annoying.
    "Indie" small press, or "indie" self-pubbed?

  14. #1314
    practical experience, FTW
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by willietheshakes View Post
    "Indie" small press, or "indie" self-pubbed?
    Indie self-pubbed I think they mean.

    Dear Author - Something is very wrong with us, and it's not bad reviews

    Brings up new area I hadn't really thought of and it makes sense now thinking about it. Read the comments though my gosh :O

    http://dearauthor.com/features/lette...t-bad-reviews/

  15. #1315
    Banned for Trolling
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by bearilou View Post
    I'm not going to lie here. The more this goes on, the worse it looks for both sides.
    I really don't see an equivalence here. One side is perhaps occasionally writing less-than-helpful snarky reviews and adding books to shelves like "will-never-read." The other side is advocating stalking and harrassment as well as exhibiting staggering levels of entitlement.

    I mean, WTF is this comment?

    Iíve emailed GR about their rating situation because it SUCKS. There is absolutely no proof that a person who rates your book has read your book. I suggested to them that they allow authors to post a series of three questions that the rater would have to answer and get right about the bookís content before allowing an individual to rate a book, without writing a review.
    I think it's telling that almost all the authors posting nonsense like this and supporting the StGRB site seem to be self-publishers.


    And for all the people now dreading participating on Goodreads because they are afraid that roving bands of reviewers will jump on them: this is really not a site-wide phenomenon. I'd wager the vast majority of GR users are completely unaware of what's going on. I don't see any of this nonsense on my updates list.

  16. #1316
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadan View Post
    I really don't see an equivalence here.
    Didn't say there was. Just said that the more this goes on, the worse both sides look.

    Perhaps I should have qualified with a 'to me'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  17. #1317
    Whatever I did, I didn't do it. Phaeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    9,231
    The shelves some people create are hilarious, but yeah, they can be snarky. So what? Snarking back, funnier, is the proper response to snark, not whining and harassing people. Really funny back-snark, delivered with a certain Lizzie Bennetesque "sweet archness," has even made friends of enemies.

    Whining and tantrums and harassment, not so much.
    SUMM0NED (T0R, available NOW!) Real magic becomes real trouble when Sean summons the wrong familiar.



    And so it goes.

    Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

    Website: http://annempillsworth.com/

  18. #1318
    The Walrus. M.Macabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LA!
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by bearilou View Post
    I've seen some fandom wankery in my day and not just on ff.net. This is not as epic as some since it does seem to be so localized for the most part. It's still fandom wankish and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and leaves me questioning the relative maturity of those involved.
    I spent a couple of years in fandom, and I have to admit- this is exactly what I thought. I have to admit, the second I saw this, I thought, ''Ho dang, it's like fandom but in real life.'' You see the same ''BNF'' tactics- getting your 'fans' to mobilize and harass someone who gives you a bad or honest review. Which is shameful when it's a group of 14-20 yo's fighting over a TV show, but without seeing this, I wouldn't have even be able to fathom this happening with a group of adults writing original fiction.

    Authors are brands. Especially when you're self-published, you have to work to create a name for yourself, by writing well and acting like someone people would be willing to follow. When individuals read your books, they're immersing themselves into your world, your thoughts. These authors need to realize that when you throw an unbelievable fit over anything, it doesn't make you look good. It makes you look like you lack self-awareness and possess poor judgement, which in turn, makes me question your ability to objectively look at your own work.

    Bottom line is, as a reader, I don't want to know what any of these people are thinking.
    ♂♥♂

  19. #1319
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The shelves some people create are hilarious, but yeah, they can be snarky. So what? Snarking back, funnier, is the proper response to snark, not whining and harassing people. Really funny back-snark, delivered with a certain Lizzie Bennetesque "sweet archness," has even made friends of enemies.
    Except are we seeing an environment developing that the moment an author responds at all that it's immediately set upon as being a no-no (which, I agree it is, best these things left completely alone) and then the real bitchiness breaks out, all under the guise of 'I can say what I want neener neener*)'.

    Then we end up with a cycle of bitch-back instead of snark-back that never ends, which I suppose is what I'm most bothered by. Not that it may or may not be deserved. Just that it just keeps going and going and going....

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    Whining and tantrums and harassment, not so much.
    Not disagreeing here. Especially with the harassment that has spilled over into real life. That's so unbelievably beyond the line it's left everything in the dust.



    *the neener neener is important because that especially shows maturity
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  20. #1320
    Girl Detective Stacia Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In cahoots with the other boo-birds
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by fireluxlou View Post
    Keny@ Wright - I feel we've come across this person before. I think she tagged her book with Stacia's on Amazon right?
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/368188199

    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/366332658

    No, that wasn't her.


    I honestly think Kenya was just naive, and wasn't thinking about the possible implications of her interview & post (and I have reason to actually believe this is the case, I'm not just saying it). But I'm very disturbed by the comment deletions etc. I've heard about.
    http://www.staciakane.com

    FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

    Click here for more details.


    WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!


  21. #1321
    practical experience, FTW
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacia Kane View Post
    No, that wasn't her.


    I honestly think Kenya was just naive, and wasn't thinking about the possible implications of her interview & post (and I have reason to actually believe this is the case, I'm not just saying it). But I'm very disturbed by the comment deletions etc. I've heard about.
    Ah right I couldn't remember just recognised the book cover thanks.

    Deleting comments? I'm guessing from the posts she's made? Or from the STGRB site?

  22. #1322
    Girl Detective Stacia Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In cahoots with the other boo-birds
    Posts
    8,146
    Apparently she deleted comments to her interview, and invited commenters who disagreed to come see her or something. I didn't see it myself, so am only speaking about what I've seen others say. But the comment-deletion evidence is strong (I haven't seen any evidence of the other).
    http://www.staciakane.com

    FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

    Click here for more details.


    WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!


  23. #1323
    DenturePunk writer bearilou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
    Posts
    5,945
    I read this link posted earlier by fireluxlou and just noticed Stacia commented on it.

    This bothers me. Not that Stacia commented but that she had to. Judging by the twitter stream (is that the right word?) posted it did look like she was agreeing with Leto and in her comment explanation she informs them she's not, which is clear and true to anyone who has read her here and on her blog.

    It's just a shame she had to else she would end up lumped in with other misbehaving authors based on a twitter exchange that was not presented in full context.

    Twitter can be deadly if one is not paying attention and starts quoting wholesale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeal View Post
    The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    1) Write like your face is on fire.


  24. #1324
    Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard. willietheshakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Semi-sunny Victoria BC
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by fireluxlou View Post
    Indie self-pubbed I think they mean.

    Ah.

    The amateur psychoanalysis writes itself, really.

  25. #1325
    Girl Detective Stacia Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In cahoots with the other boo-birds
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by bearilou View Post
    I read this link posted earlier by fireluxlou and just noticed Stacia commented on it.

    This bothers me. Not that Stacia commented but that she had to. Judging by the twitter stream (is that the right word?) posted it did look like she was agreeing with Leto and in her comment explanation she informs them she's not, which is clear and true to anyone who has read her here and on her blog.

    It's just a shame she had to else she would end up lumped in with other misbehaving authors based on a twitter exchange.

    Twitter can be deadly if one is not paying attention and starts quoting wholesale.

    I debated with myself for a while about replying to that and admit to being *extremely* nervous about doing it. I wouldn't have if I didn't feel so strongly about the subject. I'm still not sure at all that it was the right thing to do. I feel sick, quite literally.

    That'll teach me to just hit "Reply" to any tweet in the conversation rather than the actual one I mean. I've never worried about being exact with my replies before when it's an ongoing discussion, especially not one that's moving very quickly as that one was.


    What sucks is that if you look at the rest of my side of the discussion--all of my other replies--they make my actual position extremely clear.
    http://www.staciakane.com

    FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

    Click here for more details.


    WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!


Page 53 of 179 FirstFirst ... 32843474849505152535455565758596378103128153 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Custom Search