Tweet chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
They do this on fb all the time and it works super well. For those of you wo don't know, each person participating is given a day and on they choose a tweet for others to tweet out that day. Everyone who participates in the tweet chain is required to tweet out the daily assigned tweet and when it gets to your turn, all of the participants will be tweeting out your tweet. So if you choose for the tweet to be a link to your book, you'll get the combination of all the participant's followers to see this link. It works great. So I was thinking, should we do this for AW?
If so let me know and I'll try to organize it. If not, just tell me that my ideas are fails and that I shouldn't even bother anymore. :D

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
How are the chain posts on Facebook received? Do people other than the participants like them? Personally, I view anything that looks like a chain message a nuisance.

Even though the people participating share a common interest (writing and/or reading) it risks being spammy. I follow multiple writers, so there's a good chance I'd get the same tweet of the day from several people. There's also the problem of the required tweet not being something the person's followers are interested in. For example, followers of horror writer Jill likely haven't much interest in the latest romance release, which might end up the tweet of the day.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
They do this on fb all the time and it works super well.

What do you mean by "it works super well"? do you mean that you've seen people do it and it doesn't seem terribly difficult to do? Or that you know that it is an effective and simple way to sell a lot of books? I suspect the former but would be very interested to see your proof if you mean the latter.

Onto Twitter.

In my opinion what you're describing isn't promotion, which makes people interested in a book and keen to read more; it's spamming, which makes people irritated and determined to have nothing to do with the book or the person who was spamming in its name.

If people tweet a lot of links I stop following them and report them for spamming. If enough people report a Twitter account for spamming, the account will be closed.

FictionQuest

Small Press
Registered
Reaction score
If people tweet a lot of links I stop following them and report them for spamming. If enough people report a Twitter account for spamming, the account will be closed.

Can you be more specific here. I follow quite a few people who just post links, but the links are to interesting articles or blogs. I also tweet interesting articles that I find. So is it a specific type of link that bothers you? Not all links are spam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.