• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ParaDon Books Publishing / Amazon Book Clubs

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Abayomi is caught lying AGAIN: a few weeks ago he claimed that IWS had entered into some sort of partnership with Cold Coffee Press Cafe, who would design author sites for IWS members. This came as a surprise to the people at Cold Coffee, who merely had a page on IWS to advertise their own book reviews. CC has now withdrawn their page and warned their authors about getting involved with IWS or buying anything from the site.

http://coldcoffeecafe.com/forum/top...e?page=1&commentId=2135309:Comment:257375&x=1

The bad news is that Abayomi is still claiming to have partnered with BookBub and that an ad for ParaDon now occupies a more prominent place on the IWS site...

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no...

We are happy to announce that our first set of publications are set for this month of December. However, we are still accepting submissions, from self-published and unpublished writers.

We have signed some very notable writers in the last few weeks, and still looking to build our catalog. You no longer need to be self-published. Let ParaDon Books do the works for you.
http://indiewritersupport.com/

If there's any truth in this - it's hard to tell with Abayomi - it seems odd that ParaDon's own website still isn't operational and the company's Facebook hasn't been updated for over a month.

Library Displacements -> eBook Downloading Channels -> Open Bookstores -> Publicity = Everything you need to be a successful writer.

Welcome to the Future of Publishing.
Welcome to ParaDon Books Publishing.

Displacements?

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Coming soon - hopefully within the next couple of days - a website devoted entirely to the ParaDon/Abayomi saga.

Cyber-attacks! Imaginary press barons! Photoshopped pictures of office buildings! Revelations about the self-publishing activities of J R R Tolkien! Lots of tortured English! All human life is here...

In the meantime, Abayomi has some helpful advice about how to get your book into bookshops:

Get the full informative list of 850 independent book store owners in the United States, so that you may mail them your book's postcard, and propose why your book should be shelf in theIR stores.

Yep, that'll work.

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Alice dear, er I mean Julia. I do like Alice though;). Well, so I read the blog saga of ParaDon, I must admit I had trouble breathing (I was laughing too hard). I do believe you have outdone yourself:Hug2:, this new episode is taking me into 2016! What an epic!

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
That is amazing, I'm exhausted FOR you but it's wonderful to have the goings on over the years all in one posting! Alice can this be shared on other groups and linked to or would you rather it be left only for those on AW? I would like to as a warning to new writers but will not if you'd rather.
Thanks so much for doing this!

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
An amusing development! Abayomi is offering IWS members yet another service:

Brought to you by the Indie Writers Support network,
in collaboration with LssTlk Film Productions.

This is a new wave of book video production for every writer willing to own their own copyrighted book trailers, for advertisements or event showings. The Author may even upload the file into their sale's channels (website, Facebook etc) and video media like Youtube, Vimeo etc.

The video productions done by LssTlk are always clean, awesome and very believable.

Listed below are links to couple of our samples;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8uDuhj1E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f0zdJL3Q_Q

Lsstlk's 'About Us' page is bizarre.

https://lsstlk.com/shop/index.php/pages-services/about-us

It's clearly unfinished, as the three team members have the same 'ipsem lorem' type biographies. Their names are John Smith, Martin Doe and Pam Wehinger, yet the site was registered by...wait for it...Tifase Somadhi, Abayomi's half-brother and the owner of LssTlk.

One of the sample videos is for 'Luck' by Sohma Somadhi (Abayomi's stepfather), which is supposedly a 70-page stress management guide. Amazon lists it as a 28-page pamphlet self-published in 1975. The other vid is for 'Diary of a Hip-Hop Publicist' by Lynn Hobson, who should sue LssTlk for giving potential customers the impression that her book is littered with errors and printed in SCREAMING CAPITALS.

Last edited:

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
holy bleepity-bleep, batman, is this outfit still around?

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
When this thread started (exploded), I assumed the outfit would last about three hours before imploding. I've got to give this guy credit for tenacity.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
And there's still no sign of the ParaDon releases set for December.

It amazes me that Abayomi is getting away with this. The nonsense about ParaDon being a multi-million dollar business, his use of a photoshopped image to represent the imaginary HQ in Great Falls...he's telling blatant lies to lure in gullible people.

authorMAF

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authormaf.com
they followed me on Twitter today, so I came here to read about them, and....yeah...BLOCKED! *runs away screaming* This is the biggest bag full of NOPE that I've ever read! :rant:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
In the meantime, Abayomi has some helpful advice about how to get your book into bookshops:

Has he suggested "reverse shoplifting" yet? (You stick a copy of your book under your coat, walk in, stick it onto a shelf, then walk out looking innocent.) They used to recommend doing that over on the Publish America boards.

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
Has he suggested "reverse shoplifting" yet? (You stick a copy of your book under your coat, walk in, stick it onto a shelf, then walk out looking innocent.) They used to recommend doing that over on the Publish America boards.

:roll:
How could anyone suggest this with a straight face?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lsstlk's 'About Us' page is bizarre.

https://lsstlk.com/shop/index.php/pages-services/about-us

It's clearly unfinished, as the three team members have the same 'ipsem lorem' type biographies. Their names are John Smith, Martin Doe and Pam Wehinger, yet the site was registered by...wait for it...Tifase Somadhi, Abayomi's half-brother and the owner of LssTlk.

John Smith = by Benjamin Paulin

Martin Doe = generic male stock photo

Pam Wehinger = generic female stock photo

Last edited:

Ludens

Mostly lurking
Registered
Reaction score
How could anyone suggest this with a straight face?

I don't think the idea was to sell books this way; it was to get readers. The proposer apparently realized that being on Amazon isn't enough, because no one will find the book there. So you put the book where people will find it, and then word-of-mouth will do its magic and...

Yeah, it's a harebrained idea, but given the amount of blustering and misinformation present at the PA board at the time, it's not surprising that their authors had no idea how book-selling worked.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score

John, Martin and Pam are part of a website template - they're all over the internet!

I'd like to know who made the animation used in the YouTube video for 'LUCK'. The word 'thousandarie' puzzled me for some time until I realised it was a misspelling of 'thousandaire'. And who could resist the review by Laura Kahn:

Our Family Decreased Stress By 40% Thanks To This Book!

Last edited: