• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ParaDon Books Publishing / Amazon Book Clubs

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
I've had a cold all week, so I've been lazy about keeping up with AW. So I missed all the fun. Rats!

I really hope ParaDon hooks up with The Write Agenda. They deserve each other. TWA has slightly better grammar, so maybe the ParaDon dude will learn something. (I wouldn't take bets, though.)

Hey, guess what? The Price of Freedom actually got recognized today by a new contest for "traditionally published" genre fiction. This never happened to me before! It won for 2011 Fantasy novel. Can you believe it? Nice of them not to discriminate against a tie-in.

(Oh, and it was published by Disney, ParaDon. Not exactly self-published. Though what's wrong with that???)

Here's the link, if anyone's interested. http://forwardliteratureaward.com/2011_Award_Results.html

If I'm not supposed to share good news here, then please delete this post. But I confess to being surprised and delighted.

-Ann C. Crispin
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom
Disney Editins

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
S'okay, Celina, all you ultimately missed was a fish in a barrel.

It was pretty hilarious. I'm sure that IW can't stay away for long. In fact, allow me to poke a stick at IW's universe:

I'm not known as a writer, but as an artist. My artwork is text-based, and collected by ten major universities including U.C.L.A. and Yale. I have a lowly AA degree in technical writing. In my day job I write ad-copy and edit for technical professionals. I've sold one short story to a respected anthology. My recent fiction was good enough to get a pat on the head from a senior editor at a major publishing house. Any problems I've had getting an agent are my own fault, and I'm working on them. They will not be solved by throwing money at some fly-by-night scam publisher with fewer ethics than Jack Abramoff and Bernie Madoff combined.

Flounce back, baby, and give me your best shot!

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I was an English minor and came thisclose to graduating with a double minor in Journalism. I've done a little editing, written a LOT of ad copy, some boring technical documents, ghostwrote for the spokescharacter for a retailer, and had a TV-tie in book and some fiction published. Or am I confusing the ad copy with the fiction? ;-) At any rate, I have never had to pay an editor to consider my work. Heck, they even pick up the bar tab. (What muscles! :D)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I actually saw the announcement of this one from our dear friend Victoria Straus on FaceBook this evening (after watching Supernatural). I missed all the action and, technically, I ain't qualified to be heres neither (I am 1 semester shy of a BS in Biology, wrote for newspapers for over 10 years (won some awards for it too), have a DD and PhD (email order from Universal Life Church which means those pieces of paper and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks (the DD's legal in all 50 states as are the ministerial credentials), did tech writing for almost 15 years, and desktop and self-pubb'd for almost 15 years during the mid-90s/early ’00’s, plus my novel, a collection, and 10 short stories self-pubb'd on Amazon so far this year (with 2-3 more shorts and another novel in the pipeline already).

So's, I is self-pubb'd and not a Engrish professorial typage with not even the quals t' dip me toes in the water. I could bartend for ya'll though.

"Just once, I'd like the chance to shoot at a educated man."

I'm actually happy these things occur every once in awhile. They make my own AW gaffs seem trivial by comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Richard White's Books are the shit!

This should prove amusing.

<Mr. Burns> Excellent</Mr. Burns>

Rest assured, Richard White's books are shit, they don't sell, he spends his time on these whiny-ass loser sites, he can't market his books, for the life of him, or his pathetic prose; he sucks hind tit as much as his books. He's a loser and suckles the breasts of Ann Crispin and Victoria Strauss; a Writer Beware want-to-be. Yeh, Crispin, you know the one that just "won" that "award." What a joke. Come on Ann, do something real. Impress us Ann. This award is so lame for an author of your stature.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and also this:

WhackATrollIwon120.jpg

I'm starting a petition to have one of these games installed in every forum. Then we can give trolls all the love and attention the crave. One. Whack. At. A. Time.

:D

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
And the bell rings for the opening of the next round. First out on the mat is NYC Writer 001 who swings wildly, laying about him with all the care of a 1st grader in a playground fight. Pow! He strikes out at Richard White. Bam! He throws a punch at Ann Crispin. Socko! He kicks at Victoria Strauss.

Now entering the ring, however, are opponents whom NYC Writer 001 has never envisaged facing in all his or her short history. I hope he's prepared, because the opponents he's about to face are formidable indeed.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, our first of the second round...

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
It's "Nick Caruso". Check his previous posts.

Medievalist, I'm not anonymous. My name is Nick Caruso. Did your parents really name you "Medievalist" or is that something that you just hide behind? I'm anonymous? Sure, I'm new and working on my...

A.K.A. Bouncing Bobby Fletcher of Strategic Books and Write Agenda.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I think it says something important about the room culture that you guys would rather whack the piñata, so no one reports the post.

Hee!

(Just for the record? I have one of Richard's self-pupped comics, and a couple of his tie-in books. He's a quite good writer. And self-pubbing indie comics was sort of the state-of-the-art, for a long, long time.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Hey, guess what? The Price of Freedom actually got recognized today by a new contest for "traditionally published" genre fiction. This never happened to me before! It won for 2011 Fantasy novel. Can you believe it? Nice of them not to discriminate against a tie-in.

That's super!

Also post in Goals, and Tweet it so I can re-tweet. That's terribly promising news for a lot of good books by good authors that are tie-ins.

Velma deSelby Bowen

I miss the mountains....
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Mother of gods. I go away from this site for a couple of hours, and all sorts of weirdness happens.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
:( I reported the post.

*haz disappointed Mac*

*hangs head in shame*

Not at all! In fact, I'm sorta encouraged. <g> It's the right thing to do -- even if it's not as much fun as playing with your prey...

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
V, it's always been one of the reasons I come back to AW. There's always something to make me laugh waiting just around the end of the current or the next thread.

The pros, semi-pros, and others here are a constant source of amazement, inspiration, excitement, and amusement for this jaded old sob.

Even when I manage to piss Mac off (by being a bigger sob than I usually am).

:)

Last edited:

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Rest assured, Richard White's books are shit, they don't sell, he spends his time on these whiny-ass loser sites, he can't market his books, for the life of him, or his pathetic prose; he sucks hind tit as much as his books. He's a loser and suckles the breasts of Ann Crispin and Victoria Strauss; a Writer Beware want-to-be. Yeh, Crispin, you know the one that just "won" that "award." What a joke. Come on Ann, do something real. Impress us Ann. This award is so lame for an author of your stature.

*yawn*

Wow, you step away for a bit to take care of some stuff and look at what happens. Someone not even involved in the incident decides to step in and completely shoot themselves in the foot in a manner that makes ol' IW seem like a reasonably competent sockpuppet.

"Nick", it's a Friday evening before a holiday, and it's obvious you've been in the vino again. Seriously, posting on a bulletin board drunk is a bad thing, no matter what the rest of the guys in the frat house think.

:e2drunk:

Course, if you're really Bouncing Bobby, then I've seen tons of your fiction - it's called the letters you send to the people you're trying to rip off under your 1001 fictitious names. How's that whole Write Agenda thing going for you?

Although this letter, if from Bobby, is a tad more aggressive than he was when we met face to face at BEA a few years ago. Then, when he thought he might lure me in as a customer, he was quite genteel in his conversation.

Either way, I rate it a *meh* on the scale of internet insulting.

Deleted member 42

It's "Nick Caruso". Check his previous posts.

A.K.A. Bouncing Bobby Fletcher of Strategic Books and Write Agenda.

Yeah, the breast-and-nursing-fetish is a dead giveaway.

Still makes me snicker that the dude could miss a name as euphonious as mine, and one that's on Every Single Post I've Ever Made.