ParaDon Books Website:
At ParaDon Books Publishing, we take care of our customers with high quality services personalized for their own unique needs. We are available to take your order online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This was from their submission page, which makes me think that their writers are also going to be their customers.

ParaDon Books Website:
We accept fictions and non-fictions; horror, sci-fi, adventure, mystery, suspense-thriller, hard-boiled, erotica, romance, regional, poetry-chapbook, fantasy, espionage, urban fiction, chick-lit, western, Africa, Afro-American, short-stories, experimental, young-adult, graphic novel, children-book, memoir, cook-book, how-to, travel, religion, history, and true crimes.
So they're basically taking anything, which suggests they don't have a specific strategy in place because start-ups typically find it easier to focus on a particular genre and build up their reputation in it so they can also focus their marketing and distribution activities.

The fact that they accept poetry is a big red flag. While poetry is a fine art form, there is precious little money in it.

ParaDon Books Website:
​All proposal package should include a query letter, synopsis, bio, the first 50 pages, SASE (self address stamped envelope), and a $25 reading fee, mail to
No legitimate publisher will ever charge you a reading fee. Reading submissions is part of the job and should be covered by the fact that they sell books. Even a start-up should have enough cash up front to cover its overhead in reading slush.

ParaDon Books Website:
cmarka: I will review your short story for a possible publication with ParaDon Books for $5
Celina Marka; Acquisition Editor

​"Here's a quick tip for all you writers out there; make sure your story have a good structure, intriguing plot, interesting dialogues, smooth pace, and one unforgettable character. I look forward to reading your submissions."

Again, no reputable publisher would be charging you a reading fee for reviewing your work.

ParaDon Books Website:
Iwill review your short-story for a possible publication with ParaDon Books if your story have the juice to pump up a lot of short story readers. ParaDon Books Publishing is unlike any other publishers in the world. Find out how; www.paradonbooks.com We are currently looking for a large volume of short-stories to publish throughout the months of 2012. If you are a serious writer, here's your chance to get publish, and earn royalties for life.
Given how badly written this is, would you really care what this alleged editor thinks about your short story? The fact that they seem to be taking rights to short stories for life also fills me with horror - it's more usual for rights to be taken for a set period and then revert to the author.

ParaDon Books Website:
​"Here's a quick tip for all you writers out there; make sure your story have a good structure, intriguing plot, interesting dialogues, smooth pace, and one unforgettable character. I look forward to reading your submissions."
Aside from the crimes against grammar in this sales pitch, I tried a Google search on Celina Marka the "Acquisition Editor" [sic] and can't find any evidence that she's worked as a professional editor for any other publisher and in spite of the details on her profile page on Fiverr: http://fiverr.com/cmarka

C Marks Profile:
I am an acquisition editor at ParaDon Books Publishing. I received my MFA from Stanford University in 2008, and worked as a freelance editor / newspaper columnist prior to my employment with ParaDon Books.
I also couldn't find any evidence on Google that she'd been to Stanford or worked in journalism/editing.

I therefore doubt that she'll be able to give an opinion any more worthwhile to feedback obtainable on the SYW forums here.

ParaDon Books Website:
ParaDon Books Publishing is seeking expert bloggers to advertise our new release books to the open general through their social media outlets; blogging, facebook, twitter, youtube, linkedin, etc. We'll pay our blogger a weekly recurring fee, and payrate will depend on how productive the blogger is, as graded by SocialMention.com
So they're going to pay people to talk about them on the web? That's not how true word of mouth develops and worse, if you've got a reputation for paying people to advertise your books, people stop believing the stuff they read about your books.

MM