The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Backlit Fiction

A cat may not look at a king kellion92's Avatar

[Publisher] Backlit Fiction

I came across a new YA publisher, Backlit Fiction, www.backlitfiction.com. The URL goes to a Facebook page, but apparently the editor's from Bloomsbury and the books (e-books only now) look both interesting and gorgeous. Anybody know anything?

ETA: Here's a press release: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Backli...980725340.html

Some heavy-hitters involved and a first-look deal with Happy Madison. It looks like a new, very commercial development model.

"The speed of ebook production allows Backlit to test fresh commercial ideas with core audiences," said Backlit Publisher, Panio Gianopoulos. "Working closely with some of Hollywood's best creative minds, Backlit is committed to telling stories that will be loved as books, television and movies."
    Last edited by kellion92; 11-09-2011 at 07:00 AM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

backlit fiction

kellion92, came across this earlier today.

I'm actually a part of Backlit Fiction, and would love to answer your questions! post me a reply and i'll get right back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kellion92 View Post
    I came across a new YA publisher, Backlit Fiction, www.backlitfiction.com. The URL goes to a Facebook page, but apparently the editor's from Bloomsbury and the books (e-books only now) look both interesting and gorgeous. Anybody know anything?

ETA: Here's a press release: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Backli...980725340.html

Some heavy-hitters involved and a first-look deal with Happy Madison. It looks like a new, very commercial development model.

A cat may not look at a king kellion92's Avatar
    Thanks for showing up, Oriana! Welcome. I came across Backlit Fiction looking for new small presses, and while I don't think you're a good fit for the novels I'm submitting, your development model is very interesting. Could you explain more about the Mentors program and how writers are chosen, contracted, and compensated?

Hey Kellion92, why don't you write to the editorial department (you can find their address on backlit fiction's site). They'll be able to tell you more about the Mentors program!

Hi, oriana, and welcome to AW.

If you are able to answer kellion92's questions publicly on the forum, rather than through private e-mail, I'm sure the rest of us would very much appreciate it. That way anyone on the forum who wants to know more about the company can see the answers.
    "An honest answer is like a warm hug." - Proverbs 24:26 (The Message)

My short story collection, "The Poisoned City", is now available!

hi katrina, i didn't mean to offend...here's some info, just ask if you're curious for more!

Backlit will mentor and commission new YA authors to write episodes based on current and upcoming series’ story lines. Writers are chosen based on their voice, writing style and familiarity with specific subject. In terms of compensation, it is a typical advance against a revenue share of books sold. You can apply at backlitfiction.com!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Closed mid-'12.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: