Person of Interest.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the Alice Blue does seem to work. Thanks!

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh.... :e2cry:

While CBS has renewed Person of Interest for another season, it was given a reduced order – not the full 22 episodes that has been customary. And when CBS announced their fall schedule today, Person of Interest was not on it, revealing it will be held for midseason, all of which is making many wonder if this means the series is going into its final season.

At CBS' Upfront press event this morning, I asked CBS president Nina Tassler what she could say about whether Season 5 will be the end for the show. Tassler revealed it was at least a possibility, replying, “We’re having those conversations with the team right now,” noting going into the new season of any show, they discuss the plan for the new year with the executive producers.

“Jonah Nolan and Greg Plageman came in and pitched really terrific ideas for the new season,” she remarked, but regarding if this will be the end, “We have to see.”

Tassler added, “It’s always been a really smart, creative show. If it is [the final season], then we’ll have a great ending.”

As for how many episodes Person of Interest: Season 5 will be, like the other midseason shows on CBS, Tassler said that decision was also still being made.

The other problem for the show? The ratings aren't good.
Ironically, numbers may be what unplug The Machine.

CBS bubble drama Person of Interest on Tuesday night wrapped Season 4 with 8.2 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, down 5 and 21 percent to series lows.

This is it, folks.

Oh well, I've always believed most TV shows peak after five years, and I've seen signs PoI has reached theirs. If there are 22 or only 13 episodes forthcoming when CBS makes the call, I think I'm ready to wind this story down and close up shop.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
So, this was what I was going to say after the show

(leaving spoiler space for people with Alice Blue Vision)
(thar be spoilers below)

That episode had all the marks of a finale, to me. All the villains but Samaritan offed, the Machine tucked like a stripped-down Voldemort into a briefcase, just waiting for the pieces to be reassembled, the heroes having their threads tied up in at least satisfactory bows. The show could go on, but it would be like starting over. Even if they continue, I don't think I could get on board. Why learn a new cast of villains for half a year?

Dominic, they totally squandered you!
:cry:

BTW, I can totally see Alice Blue. My spoilers are very visible to me. Anyone else?

eta: ooh, less visible in actual mode vs. Preview Post mode.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
A half season is better than full out cancellation. If CBS ordered 1: shows, we will see 13 shows. Gives plenty of time for resolution.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
I'm ready to enjoy anything they throw at us, be it for 13 eps or more.

... I can see Alice Blue just fine (or rather, no worse than white). Lavender works best on my screen. Probably a screen settings issue.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
I'm ready to enjoy anything they throw at us, be it for 13 eps or more.

... I can see Alice Blue just fine (or rather, no worse than white). At first sight upthread, Lavender and Lavender Blush worked best. Maybe we should just figure out the background color (#F0F0F0, apparently) and use that by getting a color tag from the menu and changing the number?

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...That episode had all the marks of a finale, to me..

^ I agree - I'm also cool with them wrapping it up in a few (mid-season) episodes.

I think Caviezel is ready to do something different, and as much as I lurve me some Harold and Root, (and the late Det. Carter), he's the reason I started watching in the first place.

Oh, and I found that *neck-snapping* move by Root sooooo gratifying. :Clap:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Out of sight and off the air, as we wait for CBS to announce when the final 13 episodes of Person of Interest will debut here's an interview with Michael Emerson about his character and how the friendship between Finch and John Reese has developed.

PoI is now in syndication on WGN and for those starved for any signs of life, the cast and producers appeared at the New York Comic Con and provided some updates of what's coming next. Whenever that is!

Now if CBS will get that lousy Limitless off my Tuesdays @ 10:00 and put PoI back where it belongs, I can have something worth putting in the DVR.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know, right?
Been wondering when and if it's gonna return? :Shrug:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know, right?
Been wondering when and if it's gonna return? :Shrug:

Only the Gods of CBS know. Much to my dismay, Limitless is doing well enough to be renewed, but then the show has been getting a big push from CBS. Probably trying to keep executive producer Bradley Cooper happy and making the occasional cameo appearance on his own show.

I wouldn't expect to see Person of Interest return until some of the shows that launched in September finish their runs and a time slot opens up. Or get axed. Whatever comes first.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been binge watching this show on Netflix. I'm like half way through Season 3. It's amazing.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Finally all caught up thanks to Netflix. I really thought the Dominic and Elias gang war would be the crux of the final season, surprised it isn't. Oh well, stoked to see how it all ends and am actually very excited it is ending. I don't think this type of premise could do an eight season spin with 22 episodes a season. I really enjoy the depth of story we get with the characters and overarching plots, but there is a limit to that and keeping it fresh.

Also, the episode that had Carter in season four was PHENOMENAL.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I saw this revival of the thread and got all excited! I had the show written off, but when I googled I found this from Movie News Guide:

SEASON 5: FILMING CONTINUES AT THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL IN WASHINGTON D.C.
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

So they're bumping it back to summer. Fine by me! I'm excited they're wrapping it up, and in DC, no less. That should prove interesting. Gawd, I hope there's a Shaw sighting.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Person of Interest will return. Some day, though probably not for long.
Person of Interest is officially … in limbo. Again!

Despite executive producer J.J. Abrams saying last weekend that the procedural thriller was likely canceled, CBS’ new entertainment chief said Tuesday the show’s number is not quite up … yet.

“We ordered 13 episodes, we hope to get them on this spring,” CBS entertainment president Glenn Geller told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Pasadena on Tuesday. “That’s what we’re targeting right now. [Showrunners Jonah Nolan and Greg Plageman] have planned a terrific season. Can’t wait for the fans of the show to see it. It’ll be a real treat for viewers.”

Yes, yes, but is season 5 the final season? “No, we haven’t aired the show yet. I’m not sure.”
Insert primal scream here...:gaah

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
The show was on the chopping block, so we're actually very lucky to get 13 episodes. Extremely lucky.

Let's just hope they don't frack it up by using those 13 episodes unwisely with filler and stupid BS. They don't need to cultivate new fans or over-explain to people they hope might tune in. They are being given an opportunity to finish the story. And honestly? If any show is capable of using those episodes wisely, it's this show.

I'm pretty stoked. :)

It's unfortunate that PoI was on CBS. The network is notorious for keeping their original content hoarded away from sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime. Hulu as well has struggled too, making it very difficult for people to (legally) catch up and binge-watch in order to migrate to live shows.

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
My fiance and I watched all 4 seasons on Netflix recently and fell in love. Thank you for this thread, because as far as I knew season 5 (had no clue it had been reduced from 22 episodes) was set to come out this summer. I hope the 13 episodes they do give us are good. I really love the show.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad it's back but its been gone so long, I can't say I'm excited. :e2yawn: Not yet, anyway.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if CBS will be posting the episodes on its site to watch? I won't be able to catch them live and would like to provide my viewership now and not when it is released on Netflix.