Person of Interest.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty good episode. I feel last year's season finale was better. It is interesting how the machine is becoming a character as well. I actually like that they kept Root alive. The ONE thing I don't like is that there is someone above the Senator dude. I mean I expected it, I just hope we don't go down the road that there is always someone above the bad guy that was just killed.

Great Elias moment, though it was kind of weird to not have Fusco in the season finale of all episodes.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I give the season finale a "B." I like Reese and Shaw working together, but I don't want to see her as a regular. In her own way, Shaw is just as twisted and anti-social as Root. Having her hang around is like letting a surly Rotweiler that hasn't had its dinner yet: You never know when it might go off and start biting.

Root's still jacked into The Machine? Well, I'm sure she'll only use that access for the greater good.

The Machine providing Reese with targeting and access to cars was a nice trick, but reminded me of the barely credible and largely incohrent Eagle Eye.

How much deeper is Carter going to go before she loses her moral compass completely? And was this the first time she's been referred to by anything but "Carter" or "Detective?"

A new secret enemy waiting in the wings? Everything really is connected.

Fusco M.I.A. for the last two episodes? What's up with that?

Nice summation from The A.V. Club.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed them not referring to her as Carter, I think the writers are doing that purposely. If you noticed when they referred to Carter it was when she was strong to her morals, they now refer to by her real name and it just so happens to be when she is doing questionable things.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
I give the season finale a "B." I like Reese and Shaw working together, but I don't want to see her as a regular. In her own way, Shaw is just as twisted and anti-social as Root. Having her hang around is like letting a surly Rotweiler that hasn't had its dinner yet: You never know when it might go off and start biting.

Root's still jacked into The Machine? Well, I'm sure she'll only use that access for the greater good.

The Machine providing Reese with targeting and access to cars was a nice trick, but reminded me of the barely credible and largely incohrent Eagle Eye.

I thought the Machine finding a pair of glasses that matched Finch's prescription not 10 feet away from his then-current location stretched that particular trick a bit too thin. Cars and targeting was more believable.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
I noticed them not referring to her as Carter, I think the writers are doing that purposely. If you noticed when they referred to Carter it was when she was strong to her morals, they now refer to by her real name and it just so happens to be when she is doing questionable things.

I think it would be neat if Fusco was the one to get her back on track. And let me add my voice to those who missed him in the finale.

oakes

Registered
Reaction score
Carter's first name was first said by John Reese in Season 1's "GET CARTER" when she was on the alley floor after being shot by Bottlecap.

Finch called her 'Joss' in Season 2's "DEAD RECKONING" after she was in the car accident.

Detective Cal Beecher called her 'Joss' a few times.

Reese called her 'Joss' a few times during the last two episodes of Season 2.

Two major developments:

1. CBS has moved "Person of Interest" to Tuesday night at 10 PM for its third season, starting in September 2013.

2. Sarah Shahi ('Samantha Shaw') has signed on as a regular cast member / star for the show's third season.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two major developments:

1. CBS has moved "Person of Interest" to Tuesday night at 10 PM for its third season, starting in September 2013.

DANG!
I had a hard enuf time keeping my eyes open until 9 PM. :flag:*Wonders why the move to a later time slot*

2. Sarah Shahi ('Samantha Shaw') has signed on as a regular cast member / star for the show's third season.
Not crazy about this move. Hopefully, I'll get used to it. :Shrug:

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Season Premier 09 24 13

#1. While I'm not averse to change, I don't think I like the addition of Shaw and Root - Too much going on and I really, REALLY liked the dynamics and chemistry of the original four characters

#2. I have to admit, however, that I am curious as to when and how...

SPOILER ALERT

Root plans to kill the psychiatrist and escape from the institution. :e2chain:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I think it was a bit much of people too. I really am glad they went back to Harold and John playing off each other's past and neither of them wanting to tell one another their past but at the same time so enamored by the others. I'm OK with more characters as long as it doesn't get away from the beauty of the story which is Harold's and Reese's relationship of two individuals who gave up everything to do good and are basically tortured souls in a sense.

I'll tell you one thing though, Elias is hands down one of my favorite villains of all time. I love how smart they portray him and his natural calmness and how it seems like he is three steps ahead of everyone else.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I like all the characters, too, but not at the expense of the original four.

However, I'd read that Jim Caviezel (sp?) was getting worn out by the pace, hence the additional cast members.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I like all the characters, too, but not at the expense of the original four.

However, I'd read that Jim Caviezel (sp?) was getting worn out by the pace, hence the additional cast members.

He felt he was doing too much or something?

playground

Registered
Reaction score
New episode was good. Looks like we have another bad guy group. Nice.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
He felt he was doing too much or something?

Yes. I remember the same thing about the guy who plays Steve on H5O--the sheer physicality of the job they do (all that punching and kicking and running and shooting!) is tough on the body, and add in a demanding shooting schedule, training schedule, etc, it really wears on them.

This show is ridiculously good.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I like that the Machine seems to be having a...softening?...effect on Root. To some extent it's a turnaround of the Connors telling the Terminator he has to kneecap people instead of killing them. :D.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well,

Gotta admit, I loved Root's escapades, but I'm just not as stoked about the program this season.:Shrug:

They (the writers) still haven't done anything that made me go: DANG!

(ETA: I'm really trying to like Shaw, but she just mostly gets on my nerves)

Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Yea this season isn't as exciting as before. I think it might be too much of using other characters. What was great before was the balance of Reese and Harold with the other characters helping on occasion. I'm happy that Fusco came back. I also just noticed these writers picked some really great and different names.

Also, last episode was actually pretty dark. I liked it. The woman wasn't the best actress but you can't always expect them. I REALLY hope HR leader and Elias have like a formal meeting one time, like a battle of minds type of meeting, that would be so awesome.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed last night's episode right up until the last scene. Really? You had to pull that in?

Of course, I'm rather simple-minded in my tastes and I'd rather have episode-of-the-week than recurring-long-running-soap-opera. Don't get me wrong; I loved getting Shaw's backstory. >>>>>But I get tired of everything having to have HR and/or Root and/or Elias and/or CIA dragged in.<<<<<

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't think the actress is actually behaving as robotic as the script implies. I mean, a lot of people have a stoic affect, it is not that unusual. So why was Finch freaking out so much and the kid wondering if she was a robot?

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Great episode. I am beyond happy that Carter knew the rookie was dirty. I would've been so disappointed if she was tricked. I'm glad they cut back on showing everyone in every episode, but come on, where has Fusco been?

I love when they incorporate HR and stuff, but Elias will always be my favorite villain. Need more scenes with him and Harold.