Person of Interest.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Episode 7: The Witness was great! I can't wait to see where the series goes next. I think Ellis will be the main antagonist until the end of the series and not just season one, what does everyone else think?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, there's not a lot of interest in Person of Interest. Oh well.

I DVRed the last two episodes and haven't had time to yet watch them, but so far it's the only show of the new season I've found worth following.

Not sure how long this concept can go on because its not one I think can go on indefinitely, but it's better than yet another dull police procedural. Had it up to here with those.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Haven't seen episode 7 yet, but enjoying the series. Especially liked the ending to "Cura Te Ipsum."

I like that Caviezel's character is unhampered by the law. And not in a corrupt cop kind of way. He does what needs to be done regardless of social or legal ramifications to ensure the objective is achieved.

In a way, this show reminds me of Stingray, minus the favor system.

Nighttimer: So long as the government doesn't discover they're using a backdoor into the "machine," this can go on for quite a long while. Until either the world becomes a utopia or people stop breeding. Every person is a potential new case.

Hmm. Every person with a social security number that is...

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I should have been more specific. It's not that there's any worry the Machine will suddenly stop spitting out numbers for Reese and Finch. What will run out are plausible scenarios how Reese continually stays one step ahead of Detective Carter.

This particular running plotline plays out too much like The Fugitive except this particular fugitive is hiding in the biggest city in the country. Sooner or later the cops are going to catch up with Reese or he and Finch are going to have to the show on the road.

Also, the more Finch shows up on missions, the less plausible it becomes to pull off these narrow escapes.

That aside, I do enjoy the show and glad it's slowly establishing who the protagonists are.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Watch the latest episode and talk to me when you've watched it. It makes the series even better.

I researched the numbers they get a week (hoping we don't lose it) and it averages like 13 million viewers, so it should be on the air for a good couple of seasons.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
What will run out are plausible scenarios how Reese continually stays one step ahead of Detective Carter.

I suspect eventually, Det. Carter will be on the same page as Reese. Sort of a Batman/Jim Gordon relationship, if you will.

Sooner or later the cops are going to catch up with Reese or he and Finch are going to have to the show on the road.

Also, the more Finch shows up on missions, the less plausible it becomes to pull off these narrow escapes.

I agree that Finch needs to take a less active role in the missions. Especially if they want to keep eluding the reach of the law. There's nothing wrong with being the man behind the scenes, providing support through a headset/bluetooth. In fact, I think it adds a certain amount of tension.

I researched the numbers they get a week (hoping we don't lose it) and it averages like 13 million viewers, so it should be on the air for a good couple of seasons.

Sweet!

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Totally enjoying this.

It's the only show I actually look forward to watching...

...Well, except for the original Iron Chef ;)

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Watch the latest episode and talk to me when you've watched it. It makes the series even better.

Caught eppy 7 on Hulu tonight. Don't know why my DVR didn't record it.

I think you may be on to something. I'd say we'll definitely see more of Elias' influence in future episodes. Absolutely loved this episode. Counted it as a bonus when I saw Enver Gjokaj from Dollhouse.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2222175/

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Caught eppy 7 on Hulu tonight. Don't know why my DVR didn't record it.

I think you may be on to something. I'd say we'll definitely see more of Elias' influence in future episodes. Absolutely loved this episode. Counted it as a bonus when I saw Enver Gjokaj from Dollhouse.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2222175/

I think he's going to be the big bad guy. I mean how much bigger could you get than taking down a mafia like organization.

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
I think that Elias will be a background influence, talked about but not seen very much. Enrico Colatoni (Elias) also stars on Flashpoint. Since one is filmed in Toronto and the other in New York, I don't believe he can be a major character in Person of Interest.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I didn't care for it when it first came on, but it seems to be getting better. It's the only new show I like. Can't stand Two Broke Girls, but that's another thread.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't care for it when it first came on, but it seems to be getting better. It's the only new show I like. Can't stand Two Broke Girls, but that's another thread.

Yea I have to agree. The first episode wasn't that good to me. It was pretty bland. But then I caught episode two and I was hooked.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Wow the new one was REALLY good. I'm really liking the cast of characters and next week we go back to learning about John. I love how they only give you little bits of information on the characters and I like the Lost approach with showing their background throughout each episode so you learn more about them.

It will be interesting to see the dirty cop's episode sooner or later when we get to hopefully learn why he was dirty and such.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
So the detective woman knows Reese's partner!

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
The comment here intrigue me. I haven't been watching the show because at first it just seemed to be putting a benign face on a Big Brother-like level of surveillance.

Now I think that I don't have a clear picture of the premise of the show. Could someone briefly describe that?

playground

Registered
Reaction score
The comment here intrigue me. I haven't been watching the show because at first it just seemed to be putting a benign face on a Big Brother-like level of surveillance.

Now I think that I don't have a clear picture of the premise of the show. Could someone briefly describe that?

Basically we have two main characters that have shady pasts that we don' know about. One of them is a genius billionaire that supposedly died and had a system he made after 9/11 to track potential threats. The other man is a supposed dead secret CIA agent. There is also a corrupt cop they get to work for them, who every episode turns a bit more likeable and then there is the main female detective on the two men's tails trying to catch them for putting the law in their own hands.

Basically every episode the two main characters get a social security number(s) and they have to try to figure out if that person or persons are in trouble or the one's causing the trouble. Every few episodes it does a Lost type thing where it gives us a glimpse of their past so we can learn more about the character.

It's a really well written show that isn't cliche.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Hm. Where do the numbers come from? Maybe I'll check it out. Good actors involved, I know that. (Though likening anything to Lost will make me less likely to watch it.)

I would suggest just watching the first two episodes. It's better to have everything explained through the show itself. I'll admit I wasn't so sure after the first episode, but then I continued watching and each episode just keeps getting better and better.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the writing on the show is first-rate. A couple of times they've really surprised me with a twist, and that always keeps me coming back for more.

Same. Every time I think I know what they will do they do the opposite. They don't surprise you just to surprise you either. The twists actually impact the story and characters.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the show about the doctor who was consumed by her need for revenge. Especially the ending.