Person of Interest.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I think it is just a way to not have the show forget about them helping people while John is in the joint. What was great was Elias and John's meeting though.

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
I just popped in to say...
One of my favorite shows. It's awesome. I loved this last episode--and am upset next week's episode is not new.
That is all.

...Oh, and the Fusco/Supermodel angle was, I guess, supposed to be the comedic relief for the episode. I found it funny, anyway.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I do like though that the show did that. It shows that Fusco isn't useless and can be a good cop.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I liked it, in that Fusco couldn't get any help, but still took care of business. I think it told us something about the character, but it also told Fusco something about himself. And all as a sort of throw-away subplot.

Yeah, I like this show.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Wow. Wow. I feel it was pretty obvious Harold was the one that sold the laptop for a while, but still this episode was incredible.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE This Show!!!!

OK,

First of all, I almost missed last night's episode because I thought the season was over. :Shrug:

I just happened to check the listings and saw that it was a "new" episode.

Second,

OMG! - What an amazing, edge-of-your-seat, heart-pounding ending.

That exchange between John and Jos as they held hands - Broke my heart. :cry:

Somebody help me out, please...

I don't understand the connection between Harold and the laptop and John's former (female) partner?

SPOILER:

I loved the way that piece of paper with Harold's name on it slowly burned up in the wreckage.
icon6.gif

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

How well done was that car bombing?? I was NOT expecting that. Such an elegant solution to two problems! LOVED IT.

Last edited:

oakes

Registered
Reaction score
OK,

That exchange between John and Jos as they held hands - Broke my heart. :cry:

From your writer's perspective, do you think that "Person of Interest" is hinting at a potential romantic relationship between Reese and Carter?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I thought that too, but red herrings are the bread and butter of TV, right? I liked the idea of her getting together with that black cop she had a date with a few episodes ago. He's a 'bad boy'--good potential for tension there.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From your writer's perspective, do you think that "Person of Interest" is hinting at a potential romantic relationship between Reese and Carter?

I think there is some chemistry between them, and while I'd love to see them walk off into the sunset together, I think Reese is fated to "walk alone." :(

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think there is some chemistry between them, and while I'd love to see them walk off into the sunset together, I think Reese is fated to "walk alone."

I agree. Jim Caviezel is a master at portraying the flawed, tragic loner, and Reese is as much machine as the one doling out social security numbers. Echoing here how much I like the series.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

And it would cause the show to Jump the Shark. Remember what happened to House!! Take Warning, PoI writers!! Resist at all costs!

Word.

I was done with House when he and Cuddy hooked up - ICK!!! :flag:

*Walks off mumbling about women who think they can "change" a man*

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of one way they could successfully do it, but I've hesitated to throw it in because I really don't want this to happen: the two admit that they love each other, one night of intimacy, and then Carter gets killed. Reese regresses, Finch has to pull him back from the brink of Monsterhood--it's got tragic drama written all over it. Especially if Elias helps Reese take vengeance on the killer.

But, I don't want Carter to die so forget I said that. It would be more likely to happen in a movie or on HBO than in a network series, anyway.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night's episode was ok. :Shrug:

I really didn't care what happened to the POI - He was just so smug and annoying.

I wonder what that little exchange between Joss and Fusco is setting us up for?

playground

Registered
Reaction score
It looks like we finally have our Joker. This will get very interesting.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
Last night's episode was ok. :Shrug:

I really didn't care what happened to the POI - He was just so smug and annoying.

We just cleared two long-running adversaries, Agent Snow and Agent Donnelly. Elias is in Rikers (which is strictly a temporary holding facility, so he's likely awaiting trial). I guess we needed another arc-riding opposition figure to threaten the Machine.

Look what we have -- a foil for Finch (eccentric, wealthy, computer savant), a headache for Reese (hard to track a man who is so unpredictable), and [insert SWAG here] a piece of cake for Zoe. The writers can stretch this arc out for a while.

I wonder what that little exchange between Joss and Fusco is setting us up for?

To me, Fusco was going to try and confess his shady past, and the fact that both Davidson and Stills were killed by Reese and buried by Fusco (Davidson in the woods, Stills along the shores of Long Island) as part of Reese's recruitment and handling of Fusco as an 'asset'.

I suspect that Carter will figure it out, and end up forgiving Fusco.

oakes

Registered
Reaction score
I can think of one way they could successfully do it, but I've hesitated to throw it in because I really don't want this to happen: the two admit that they love each other, one night of intimacy, and then Carter gets killed. Reese regresses, Finch has to pull him back from the brink of Monsterhood--it's got tragic drama written all over it. Especially if Elias helps Reese take vengeance on the killer.

But, I don't want Carter to die so forget I said that. It would be more likely to happen in a movie or on HBO than in a network series, anyway.

That would be a really good storyline IF Taraji P. Henson decided to leave "Person Of Interest".

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I Lurve Me Some POI

Another amazing episode IMHO. ;)

Watching John work as a bellhop and Finch as the concierge was hilarious, and the fight in the hotel kitchen was fantastic.

Fusco kicked some butt too, didn't he? :D

SPOILER:

I was amused at the end when we learn that Finch bought the hotel and hired the maid to manage it.

Do ya think John and Zoe "hooked up" in the penthouse? ;)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent Job Writers...

...I mean seriously, this show just keeps getting better and better.

SPOILER:

Anyone else think that Finch's insistence that the POI take his business card mean that we'll be seeing more of her in the future?

...And John seemed to be intrigued by her skills too. ;)