Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: FATE Magazine

Protecting Teddy with all my might. Leah J. Utas's Avatar

FATE Magazine

My submission to FATE magazines standing "My Proof of Survival" department was accepted in April 2009.
    The mag does not advise as to when a submission runs, but commonly within a few months unless it is held for a special section. Two years later, nothing.
    I got no response when I emailed in June 2011 to the general magazine email address.
    After stewing a bit I tried in October and emailed the editor I dealt with. I got a reply within two business days. Turns out the piece ran in the July -August 2009 issue.
    I received my payment and contributor's copy yesterday so the matter was resolved with a proper ending.
    However, this should not have happened and it is something to keep in mind as regards FATE.
    "If I were human I would tell them to go to Hell."
    - Mr. Spock

The Goat's Lunch Pail

FB

LinkedIn

Twitter

Goodreads

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I had a piece accepted (and printed) that took two years and the intervention of the Horror Writers Association's Grievance Committee to finally get payment.