Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhush

Slave to the metal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Hey everyone. I really want to generate traffic to my amazon.com page and website and was wondering is anyone had any unique ideas? Ive dont the regular stuff, having the facebook fan page, my signiture with the link, Im on forums, I keep trying to help my google rating, and Im getting youtube vids set up. But I was curious if anyone had luck with something different?

izanobu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anniebellet.com
Writing more books and making something free for a short time are the only two things that have consistently sold more books for me.

epublishabook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epublishabook.com
additional promotion tips

Well, there are a few other things you could do, such as organizing a blog tour, creating or joining a group of writers who crosspromote their books or get an invite to Triberr.com and join a "tribe" of people retweeting each other tweets for example.

Elvirnith

Dark Lord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronaldcraft.com
One thing I've found that helps is having some great artwork to go along with your writing. The old saying is "Never judge a book by its cover", but most sales online are impulse buys - especially on the typically cheaper ebooks.

Have a great looking cover and get some character art out there. Theme your website after your writing, and people will typically take interest. You can even use art communities like deviantart to gain interest if you're talented at drawing/coloring.

epublishabook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epublishabook.com
Stumbler spike in traffic

For what it is worth, yesterday, I posted a joke that was "stumbled" by someone, leading to a whopping 850 visits from StumbleUpon in a mere 8 hours.

I wish I knew how to repeat that, if anybody has an idea, would be helpful :)

Last edited:

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
For what it is worth, yesterday, I posted a joke that was "stumbled" by someone, leading to a whopping 850 visits from StumbleUpon in a mere 8 hours.

I wish I knew how to repeat that, if anybody has an idea, would be helpful :)

I had that happen to me on Stumbled Upon too. I posted an article on MTV and got 250 visits to my website when my previous high was 25 and previous average was about 10.
Now if only those visits would turn into sales. Even ten a day would be fine.

SummerSurf57

Banned
Reaction score
Offer something for free for a short period of time if they buy something, or view it?

KodyBoye

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodyboye.com
I'll repeat the blog tour idea. You should look up Ashley at The Bookish Brunette. She has a fairly decent following and she's part of the book blogger directory. Not ALL of the book bloggers are a part of it, but they're all basically one big circle and their power over the genre industry is pretty impressive (Ashley herself has about 1,400 followers and she only started her blog this past February, I believe.) Here's a quick link for you to get to her site easier. She's also doing a thing called Indie Frenzy where independent authors are hosted on her site.

Another thing you could do is get a Tumblr page and post excerpts of your writing (little bite-sized pieces of it.) On my Tumblr, I do the exact same thing, and while I don't think it's gotten me a whole lot of attention as of now, what I have posted has gained me around thirteen followers. Those are people I wouldn't otherwise have.

I had another idea, but it seems to have slipped my brain. I'll come back and comment if I remember what it was.

uscgbyron

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marieabmare.wordpress.com
I have an ad that runs periodically on Facebook. Other than that, I have a website/blog, which I update weekly, I post on here occasionally, and that's it. I am selling, albiet very slowly, but it leaves me lots of time to write! I find that book reviews tend to generate the maximum amount of hits. I also did a month long series on writing a short story in a month which picked up a decent number of hits.

epublishabook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epublishabook.com
Another thing you could do is get a Tumblr page and post excerpts of your writing (little bite-sized pieces of it.) s.

thanks for the reminder about Tumblr, had forgotten about it and just realized lots of people left notes on my last post there.
Got lazy after getting no reaction whatsoever for the first ones, now reposting there as well. Thanks!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Unless they are explicit closed to them, I assume they are open to them. There are also dozens of online sites specializing in self-pub books.

Status
Not open for further replies.