• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ICM (london and nyc) / Harvey Klinger / Susan Rabiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdb

I was looking for some input on a few agents/agencies that I am currently talking to. I've checked around the web, looked at "preditors and editors"... all looks well and legit.

But, does anyone have personal experience and insight into the utility and effectiveness of: ICM (london and nyc); Harvey Klinger; Susan Rabiner Lit Agency? Of course, I am talking to particular individuals in each one... if you would like to know which agents, we can talk about that too.

Thank you for your time and kindness in advance.

CDB

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. . .

ICM and Harvey Klinger are both famous, top-of-the-line agencies. Congrats on getting their attention. You must have written something very good.

Susan Rabiner I am not familiar with.

cdb

agents...

Thank you both. Sakamonda... just a note... I think what I have written is not particularly good or exceptional. I believe that the story (a memoir in the vein, not style, of "year in provence" and tuscan sun) is very marketable.

These agents see that and want to move forward. I've just come upon these forums and endless websites and hints and tips and all sorts of things for writers... it seems it is very hard to get an agent, much less publish something. It just goes to show, in the current marketplace, marketable or sellable might be more important than good or "very good." We shall see. Thanks for the words.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
You already got my PM about the Harvey Klinger agency. As for ICM, I've dealt only with one agent, Tina Wexler. She's relatively new, but has a number of sales--and ICM is quite the powerhouse.

Good luck!

FilmNoir3k

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. How did you get ICM to notice you? That's very impressive!

FilmNoir3k

Registered
Reaction score
dragonjax said:
You already got my PM about the Harvey Klinger agency. As for ICM, I've dealt only with one agent, Tina Wexler. She's relatively new, but has a number of sales--and ICM is quite the powerhouse.

Good luck!

Does Tina deal with screenwriters? I just queried her. This was her response: Thank you for the letter regarding your screenplay. Unfortunately, this is
not a project I can offer to represent, since neither I, nor any of my
colleagues in ICM's New York office, represents screenplays.

You may want to redirect your query to ICM's Literary Department on the West
Coast: 8942 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.

Good luck with the project.

Last edited:

CaitlinK18

"Sephiroth is my bishie!"
Registered
Reaction score
I also garnered the interest of an agent at Harvey Klinger, and she has been professional, enthusastic, communicative and upfront in all aspects. HK is a really top-notch agency, so good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.