The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: ICM (london and nyc) / Harvey Klinger / Susan Rabiner

cdb

ICM (london and nyc) / Harvey Klinger / Susan Rabiner

I was looking for some input on a few agents/agencies that I am currently talking to. I've checked around the web, looked at "preditors and editors"... all looks well and legit.

But, does anyone have personal experience and insight into the utility and effectiveness of: ICM (london and nyc); Harvey Klinger; Susan Rabiner Lit Agency? Of course, I am talking to particular individuals in each one... if you would like to know which agents, we can talk about that too.

Thank you for your time and kindness in advance.

CDB

Smile Wow. . .

ICM and Harvey Klinger are both famous, top-of-the-line agencies. Congrats on getting their attention. You must have written something very good.

Susan Rabiner I am not familiar with.
    www.jamaicalayne.com, http://jamaicalayne.blogspot.com
    www.ravenousromance.com

MARKET FOR LOVE now available; Buy it here.

[Jamaica Layne] has built a multifaceted writing career, in genres ranging from theater to erotic fiction"---Chicago Tribune

"Layne sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last page."--Love Romance Passion.com

"Once you read Jamaica Layne, she will be on your auto-buy list."----Dirty Girl Reviews, on MARKET FOR LOVE

4 Stars!----Romantic Times Magazine

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Susan Rabiner is also a successful agency. Here's its website.

- Victoria

cdb

agents...

Thank you both. Sakamonda... just a note... I think what I have written is not particularly good or exceptional. I believe that the story (a memoir in the vein, not style, of "year in provence" and tuscan sun) is very marketable.

These agents see that and want to move forward. I've just come upon these forums and endless websites and hints and tips and all sorts of things for writers... it seems it is very hard to get an agent, much less publish something. It just goes to show, in the current marketplace, marketable or sellable might be more important than good or "very good." We shall see. Thanks for the words.

I write stuff and break boards. dragonjax's Avatar
    You already got my PM about the Harvey Klinger agency. As for ICM, I've dealt only with one agent, Tina Wexler. She's relatively new, but has a number of sales--and ICM is quite the powerhouse.

Good luck!
    "Undying Love," a short story by Jackie Kessler in FANTASY FOR GOOD - a charity anthology to help fight colon cancer

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Wow. How did you get ICM to notice you? That's very impressive!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonjax
    You already got my PM about the Harvey Klinger agency. As for ICM, I've dealt only with one agent, Tina Wexler. She's relatively new, but has a number of sales--and ICM is quite the powerhouse.

Good luck!
    Does Tina deal with screenwriters? I just queried her. This was her response: Thank you for the letter regarding your screenplay. Unfortunately, this is
    not a project I can offer to represent, since neither I, nor any of my
    colleagues in ICM's New York office, represents screenplays.

You may want to redirect your query to ICM's Literary Department on the West
    Coast: 8942 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.

Good luck with the project.
    Last edited by FilmNoir3k; 08-09-2006 at 11:50 PM.

"Sephiroth is my bishie!" CaitlinK18's Avatar
    I also garnered the interest of an agent at Harvey Klinger, and she has been professional, enthusastic, communicative and upfront in all aspects. HK is a really top-notch agency, so good luck!
    I write books. I like pie.

www.caitlinkittredge.com

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Please start separate threads for each agent.