Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Good stuff, Sarah! :e2cheer:

I hit 25k on the new novel today. Guess i can't really call it new anymore.

sky warrior books

Redneck Ninja and Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
Making slow progress here, but at least I'm keeping at it. Have about 500 words written on the next chapter. Think they're reasonably OK....but won't update my ticker yet. They may still have to be rewritten. Realised I will have to do some more plotting - iron out a few minor problems and holes, plus read up on some of the research I did last year about adoption laws (very boring, and I'm not going to use it more than in a sentence or two, probably - but I need to get it right...). So, even though I put in many hours of work each day, I don't get too many actual words down. Sometimes it feels like I'll never see the end of this....

@ sky warrior So sorry to hear you got dehydrated and sick. Hope you are better now! :Hug2:Yes, you do too much. But that's who you are, right? Keep on creepin' with Daemons and Shadows, you'll get there!!:e2cheer::e2cheer:

Thanks! I just sneaked (snuck :tongue ) past 44K on the book. It feels icky, but I'm sure it's okay.

As for the small amounts, trust me, I'm there too. Good job!

At least you've gotten some words down, right? :hooray: Count them anyway, even if you have to rewrite later :) And research and plotting is good, too!

Thank you!

It was definitely fun to write!

And this is badgerpunk (in brief): dachshunds and badgers battling it out in post-apocalyptic Germany. Rats with mechanical wings. Animal empires!

:D

Badgerpunk! :ROFL:

sky warrior books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
Things have been difficult this week. The heat has been horrendous, but we've finally broken it for cooler temperatures. :hooray: Threw four proofs at authors. Published a book. Finally have been getting better at milking Annie the goat. Got Daemons and Shadows up past 44K.

I've been flirting with dehydration during the hot spells. I've been drinking lots of water, but it doesn't help a lot when you've got humidity below 10% and temperatures around 95-100F. Add smoke from the fires and you get a good idea what it's like. Today it RAINED--yay! We're supposed to go back down in the 70s and 80s like it's supposed to be here.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Good work, Izz!

Sky Warrior, my Mom is drinking something called "Vitalite" (I think) to prevent dehydration when she's volunteering at the San Diego Zoo. Seems to help. Glad your publishing ventures are moving along and that milking the goat is getting easier. (Maybe you should try my genre: memoir!)

Back from my Mom's now. Have completed the corrections she suggested/requested. Also am way into the proposal. Expect to send the ms to my AW betas later today.

Cheering everyone on!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

sky warrior books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
Sky Warrior, my Mom is drinking something called "Vitalite" (I think) to prevent dehydration when she's volunteering at the San Diego Zoo. Seems to help. Glad your publishing ventures are moving along and that milking the goat is getting easier. (Maybe you should try my genre: memoir!)

Heh. I think I'll leave memoirs to people who have actually done something. I tell everyone who wants to write a memoir that people constantly think their lives are interesting when they're not. (Present company excluded, of course.) I don't think I've done anything particularly unique. Yes, I've done very unusual things, but not memoir-worthy. Worthy of putting it in fiction, though.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I think I'll leave memoirs to people who have actually done something. I tell everyone who wants to write a memoir that people constantly think their lives are interesting when they're not. (Present company excluded, of course.) I don't think I've done anything particularly unique. Yes, I've done very unusual things, but not memoir-worthy. Worthy of putting it in fiction, though.

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

:)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Chapter 40 last night. Just 100 words or so shy of 68k. Which is a good thing. It means I should hit THE END right abou 85-90k which is what I want. Another week or two and I can start edits on the finished MS to clear up a few things that changed partway through (or had my betas scratching their heads).

Aggy, still hoping to meet the write 1, sub 1 novel challenge by December

OctoberLee

Destroying something beautiful
Registered
Reaction score
Signed up for my next novel in the signup section:

First draft by February (5 or 6 months)
Second Draft by April
All Subsequent Editing Done by May...

Query May of 2012!

I might be a little quiet here until November. I'm using September as SeptNoReadMo (??) a.k.a. study time and an excuse to do a whole bunch of reading.

I think (hope/pray) my second novel will be much easier to clean up than my first, which was three years of writing, re-writing, cutting, pasting, killing and resuscitating characters and plotlines...

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome along OctoberLee:)

Just a drop in to say I hit 40k on the Camp NaNo Novel today:D I got closer to 41k by the end so, hopefully might get to 45k tomorrow, if not should make it day after:D and thanks Izz:D

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Welcome, OctoberLee!

Good work, Sarah!

Life has been crazy, but hoping to get some work done on the proposal this evening.

Cheering everyone on!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Sarah G

Registered
Reaction score
^^ Thank you:)

Just checking in, I reached 45k today:D I'm hoping to at least finish NaNo and get the 50k either by tomorrow or the day after:) Though, I'm not sure if the book will actually be finished at 50k, it might be longer:D Not exactly sure on the end yet, have a brief idea:D

mrajotte

Inkslinging Insomniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryrajotte.com
Congrats everyone on your progress!

I know how you feel, Sarah G. I've often used 2 different NaNo sessions to finish up a longer project.

I was stuck for a while there but I found that going back to pen & paper instead of writing on the computer was a huge help! Still have a few scenes left to write - but this novel is going to need some serious hacking & slashing. It's kind of bloated at the moment :)

Sarah G

Registered
Reaction score
So, I know i was only just here but..... I finished Camp NaNo:) with four days to spare:D the stories not finished yet but it's not far off:D Yay!!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good work, Sarah!

Am making headway on the proposal, not much left to do except my own bibliography and a couple of other items...like wait for my betas to weigh in on the first 25-30 pages.

Cheering everyone on!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I just finished the sequel to my debut novel, Reflected. Phew! I'm glad that's done :) I LOVED writing this book (wrote it in CampNaNo June, then added another 10k this month and edited) but it was hard work! It's also 10k longer than the first book in the series.

sky warrior books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
I just finished the sequel to my debut novel, Reflected. Phew! I'm glad that's done :) I LOVED writing this book (wrote it in CampNaNo June, then added another 10k this month and edited) but it was hard work! It's also 10k longer than the first book in the series.

Congrats!!!! :hooray:

After many days of sitting at 44750, I figured out I needed to get my hero into a fight with some bullies. He needs to get whacked on a bit. :evil

So, I am now at 45,011. Tonight I formatted and published a book by Phyllis Irene Radford called So You Want to Commit Novel. After many years of hating synopses, I have finally found something that makes sense for plotting. My next books will probably use her method. :chores

The smoke from all the fires burning in the west is miserable here. The only consolation is that we don't have a wildfire burning too close (the closest one is about 25 miles away -- a concern, but not so close to require evacuations). Most of the smoke is from Idaho, Oregon, Washington and California.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Yay for progress, Sky Warrior! :hooray: And i hope those forest fires are tamed soon.

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Ack! derailed by short stories! Be patient, little novel, I promise I'll get back to you.

mrajotte

Inkslinging Insomniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryrajotte.com
This <---> close to finishing the 1st draft of my book! Aaaah! It's going to need some serious cutting and polishing but....I'm almost there!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good work, mrajotte!

Well, C.P., words are words.

My own work is going slowly. Plan to work on the proposal a bit more today. There isn't much more to do, but I'm in waiting mode for some of it. On the other hand, I had a bit of good news. I was commissioned to write the Sikhism chapter for a book for chaplains and such like, and just learned a publisher is interested in that book.

Cheering everyone on!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal