• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Swagger Literary Agency (formerly Flaming Star Literary Enterprises) (Joseph Vallely)

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I've searched through BR&BC but I can't find another thread about this agent. If there is, I apologize. Janis Vallely is listed in the latest Guide to Lit Agents.

Her website is here:http://janisvallely.com/

P&E reports:
Janis Vallely: $ A literary agent with Flaming Star Literary Enterprises. 8/19/04: A writer reports this agent not interested in children's stories.
The link she gives to Flaming Star's website is broken. A quick Internet search turns up their listing on Author Advance and a Facebook page.

Her own website states
Because Janis maintains a full range of publishing services for existing clients, she is unable to review unsolicited manuscripts and book proposals. Potential clients may contact her by email query only.
Anyone have personal experience with her or more info? I guess if she only reviews solicited manuscripts then I'll pass on submitting, but info would still be nice in case anyone else is looking based on the latest GLA. Thanks.

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in submitting a query to this agency, as they appear to accept work in the military genre. However, I have been able to find very, very little, if any, information about them.
I'm very skeptical about sending my query/manuscript to an agency or publisher that I was only able to find a modicum of information on.
Does anyone have any personal experience dealing with this agency that they can share here?
It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
They're not on QueryTracker, which I would take as a bad sign--though what it really means is that there probably aren't a whole lot of people submitting to him.

The agency has one agent who started agenting in 1985, which might be why there's not a whole lot on-line about him. In the agency's list of published books, there are a number sold to the Big 5, so that's good. But also not much in the way of fiction.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Swagger supposedly launched an ebook arm in '14 (Swagger Press), but there's no sign of the scheduled book(s).