• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Has participating in forums like AW helped cure your writer's block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxie16

Registered
Reaction score
I won't say it's helped with writer's block, and I suppose it has caused some distraction, but I like above all the sense that I don't feel so alone. Friends ask me about my writing, and I appreciate their support and interest, but I sound like I'm whining if I complain that agents are slow to get back to me or that, despite mostly liking what I have, I know I have to rewrite two chapters. Forum people have those same hassles, and it's a big help to be reminded of that every time I log in.

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
I don't remember the last time I had a true problem with writer's block. It was more like lack of motivation and laziness. I've done NaNoWriMo twice and the forums are amazing and they sort of die down when it's not November. It's a community. I think writing can be isolating and we all need a community. It's why I joined, anyway.

cmtruesd

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This forum has helped because I see tons of other writers who are having the same problems as me. So, when writers block hits I am able to say to myself "Okay, this doesn't mean I'm a horrible writer and am not meant to write another word for the rest of my life, it's normal." Then I'm able to get over myself and keep going :)

CRogers

I joined today for this very reason - not block so much as daily-life exhaustion that makes it difficult to be motivated. Hopefully, it'll help. :)

Sirion

Registered
Reaction score
Browsing AW does tend to cure my writer's block.

On the other hand, the hundreds of hours I've spent on these forums over the years has probably cost me more writing time than writer's block ever has.

Oh well.

Shaded

Registered
Reaction score
I actually feel the same. It's great to talk about writing, and hearing other peoples ideas makes me relate to my own and can definitely help. I've been getting a ton of inspiration here, it's great.

amblack

Stop, drop, and revolt!
Registered
Reaction score
It has offered me writing variety and insight. It also keeps me focused on being a business, a brand, and a career path instead of just a hobby. There is absolutely nothing wrong with writing being a hobby, but my own personal goal is for it to be a career.

rwm4768

Registered
Reaction score
I think it has helped. Seeing what other people are writing has given me a lot of ideas. The more ideas I know, the more I can mix and match them to come up with something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.