Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Comes out next week (Tuesday). Any PS3 owners here besides me?

If you've ever considered getting a PS3 (I got it, originally, because I needed a blue-ray/DVD player combo), the Uncharted series is reason enough to get one. One of the best game series out there.

The first game was awesome. The second was amazing. Everything I've read about the 3rd is that it's a masterpiece.

I. Can't. Wait.

This is the best time of year for gamers. Gears 3, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Uncharted 3, etc.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if they'll manage to outdo themselves again. The Assassins Creed series has been very repetitive, but the story was very interesting. The Uncharted games story is mostly "Drake sets off for treasure and babes, kills a bazillion guys and THE END".

I hope it doesn't feel like more of the same.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Got it. Beat it. It was really good. Some parts were irritating (because of difficulty) and the plot, while usually pretty strong, had some weak points and unresolved plot points. They seemed to focus more strongly on the stories of the characters, which was good. They delved deep into Drake's and Sully's relationship and history.

Game play was great and had some really cool variations. Also, the graphics were beautiful; they've really improved the physics of the water and they did a good job with the sand. Really stunning in some parts.

Overall, really good game just way too short. I just wish they'd put more content into the single player. It only took me a little over 10 hours to beat. Most of their efforts seem to have gone into the multiplayer, which is disappointing, because I don't like nor do I play multiplayer.

Last edited:

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I WANT this game. Waiting for a PS3 though, hopefully around Xmas time...

Satsya

slow and steady
Registered
Reaction score
The Uncharted games story is mostly "Drake sets off for treasure and babes, kills a bazillion guys and THE END".

I hope it doesn't feel like more of the same.

But that's what makes it fun. It's exactly as advertised: a sort of interactive Indiana Jones adventure. I'm looking forward to playing it precisely because I want more of something like Uncharted 1 and 2.

If I wanted a different type of game, I would play another game series.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
If you've followed the series in the first two games, without spoiling anything, I'll say that there are some pretty touching moments involving Drake and Sully and Drake and Elena. As much of a wuss as I am, I found myself getting a little misty-eyed a few times, especially the stuff with Elena.

:)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only playing through the first game presently (stick in the blasted "blue room" in the fortress), but I'm late to gaming so I'm trying to catch up with lots of good series.

I've noticed the move towards multiplayer games too. It's kinda irking, but at least there's still single player options. I just hope it doesn't totally go away or I'll never have a new game to play. Multiplayer just doesn't interest me. I don't play well with others. Never have.

Status
Not open for further replies.