The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Self-Publishing Service] E-Novel Shop

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar

[Self-Publishing Service] E-Novel Shop

http://www.enovelshop.com/
    Need a compass to point you in the right direction?. We are the stress relievers. As a partner with you, we will do all the background legwork. And you do what you do best, continue writing that next bestseller novel/trilogy/article/etc.. As a team we provide several professional services: 1) e-publish your book(s) to multiple ebook retailers both locally and globally, 2) marketing consulting with you to generate sales for your hard work, 3) assistance in cover page design, and 4) coach with you on the various types of advertising techniques.

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    From their About page...

Larry Larson is the head kahuna at E-NovelShop. Larry brings a diverse work history and multiple job skills to the position, including previous business ownership experience, high-level sales and marketing positions in the telecommunications, retail and medical manufacturing industries...

This doesn't really say very much, its all generic...

I really can't find a lot of information about this company on their site. Its all marketing and very little info on how they operate.

Sounds like another, Hey kids, I have a computer, lets publish books, venture...
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Assuming the did the covers shown for their listed authors I am.... let's say not impressed.
    Emily Veinglory

practical experience, FTW girlyswot's Avatar
    Sounds like vanity publishing to me.

I don't have a problem with paying someone to format and market ebooks as a service. So long as they are actually good at it.
    Emily Veinglory

practical experience, FTW Al Stevens's Avatar
    Doesn't say anything about editing. And marketing consulting...? Coach with you...? What's that?

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Two of E-novel Shop's three authors are ex-PublishAmerica, and a Google search reveals that one of them is now strongly anti-PA. I hope these people haven't jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
    I don't have a problem with paying someone to format and market ebooks as a service. So long as they are actually good at it.
    Well said. I know nothing about formatting and setting up an e-book, and will eventually look for some expertise on this. Thinking about tossing about five or six titles out there and running them up the pole.

Tri

practical experience, FTW thorjansen's Avatar
    I've looked into creating ebooks, and while it is a bit time consuming and there's a bit of a learning curve, making good-looking ebooks is not all that hard. There is a lot of free and relatively cheap software out there that can create an ebook out of a word processing document, and allow you to fine-tune things before committing to the final. And you can always toss the mss into Smashbook's or Amazon's meat grinders and let them do the work.

In my opinion, the hardest part is, as usual, designing an effective cover that catches the reader's eye in the listings, and makes them want to buy and download your ebook in the first place.

The real question is, what can this company do for you that you can't already do yourself with the behemoths Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, etc.?
    Last edited by thorjansen; 10-24-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    Well said. I know nothing about formatting and setting up an e-book, and will eventually look for some expertise on this.
    Just get the Smashwords Style Guide and follow it. It's pretty straight-forward.

I thought so, but ended up with a mess. So I had the professionally formatted and then Smashwords rejected it (in error) and the formatted had to sort it out with a few emails and get it accepted.

Simple things can get non-simple very quickly. If someone has more money than time, i don;t see why they shouldn't use a service that is competent and a reasonable price.
    Last edited by veinglory; 10-24-2011 at 03:29 AM.
    Emily Veinglory

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site's long gone. No sign it published more than the first three authors.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: