• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paperless Publishing

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
This publisher sent me two unsolicited e-mails this week trying to find writers -- so I'm already not impressed. :) There were also errors in the e-mail, such as arbitrary capitalization, bad commas, and the confusion of "to" and "too." But I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about them in case other people were looking for information.

They are calling themselves "a new online Ebook Publishing and Conversion service company." They might actually have some interesting books, some by big names, but it's hard to tell which are the books by actual big names and which are the books about famous people. I see no way to get more details about the individual titles. Their press information (limited as it is) says they are hoping to concentrate on "short form entertainment," such as short works on pop culture, and graphic novels.

This is their website:
http://www.paperlesspub.com/

They were started by Jarred Weisfeld of Objective Entertainment. I see that they do already have a thread. Whooh, that looks like some interesting reading...

Deizelcore

This is not a user title
Registered
Reaction score
Grammatical errors in an official e-mail? They'll will go far with their business, of that I'm sure.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Writers can certainly do it on their own, but it's fairly time-consuming.

Publishers who don't own the ebook rights to a title can't create an ebook of that title, and asking them to do it would involve creating a new contract that would almost certainly be less advantageous financially than paying a service to do the conversion. This could change if publishers started to do some kind of promotion for ebooks, but right now there's no value-add.

There are a lot of ebook conversion services that don't send out error-filled emails, I can assure you.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
"Paperless Publishing and Skyhorse Publishing are teaming up to produce short form e-books to be turned into paperbacks to be produced simultaneously."

Shades of the paperless office, eh?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No activity since '12 (and store page is empty). Perhaps because Weisfeld became president of Start Publishing in Jan' 13.