Arkham City Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've got an odd thing going on, and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it's a glitch in the game. I'm just wondering if anyone else knows what to do, because I've looked and can't find an answer anywhere.

Anyway, I'm trying to rescue one of the Riddler's hostages (number 2), and I beat up the gang, interrogated the Riddler's dude, and then...the hostage is gone. I have no idea where he went. It's still showing on my map as an uncompleted task, obviously I have to find the hostage to get the next clue, but I have no idea what to do or where he could have gone. I've done the detective mode thing and the only people around are a few thugs.

I quit and restart, hoping to just replay the mission again, but when I go back the people are all gone and there's no one around in that area.

I'll actually restart the whole game to fix this (I've only played 3 or 4%) if I have to because I really want to be able to complete the Riddler side missions, but I'm just wondering if there's a better way. Any clues?

ETA: On further inspection, I realize he might just be locked away somewhere and I have to find him. :tongue I'll play around with this for a little bit longer and see if I can figure it out.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
The game itself is AMAZING. Arkham Asylum was prior to this the best game I've played, but this one just upped the level so much it's ridiculous. Great story, great writing, more realistic (and more difficult) challenges. I would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat. Also Catwoman! Super cool! I'm also a bigger fan of Harley's outfit in this one.

Seriously, I've only done the very beginning (I don't have much time to play so I'm doing it in little bits), but it's mind blowing.

Last edited:

chickenrising

Registered
Reaction score
I made the mistake of setting the difficulty to hard. :(

Now I've restarted, blissfully on medium.

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck on this now. I found a wall that you have to knock down which leads into a building. But the door won't open unless I hit a pressure sensor that is below a Riddler question mark on the wall. None of my gadgets seem to work. Might have to try later.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one. My gadgets weren't working, either. I might just hold off and play a bit more and see if I open up something that gets me through. Usually detective mode is more useful.

On the bright side, I LOVE how much harder the Riddler puzzles are in this one!

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how to switch my Batman character to where he's wearing the Batman: The Animated Series costume that I downloaded.

Anyone know how to get it to work?

I got the game yesterday and played for about 3 or 4 hours before bed. When I was done, it said I'd only completed 4% of the game.

Geez...this is gonna be a long one! But, that's a good thing. A very good thing.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, I know what you mean. I've been playing in little spurts, an hour here, twenty minutes there, but I'm only 8% through. And so many side quests and fun stuff!

I'm not sure on the costume. I didn't actually know that was an option. Now I want to check it out.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I found that I can use the alternate skin in the non-game challenges but read somewhere last night that they're not available in-game until after you've completed one play through. Guess I'll find out if it's true if I ever beat it. I'm only 17% done with the main storyline.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Geez. I'm still at eight. Haven't had much time to play today lol. Well, more tomorrow!

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Beat this one yesterday. To give an idea of how much extra content is packed into this game, even after finishing the main story and many of the side missions, I only completed 48% of everything (according to in-game stats).

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I feel silly for admitting to this, but I love watching my roommate play video games. When I saw a trailer for this, I immediately turned to him and demanded he buy it and play it when I'm around to watch, LOL.

Is the storyline as good as the last Batman game?

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've gotten through just about all of this. I won't pass on any spoilers. I'll just answer questions as they come up.

Riddler hostages are always behind the green question mark spray painted on the wall near your marker. It took me half an hour to figure this out, because they don't give you ANY hints. This will lead to a 'puzzle room' with the hostage's life hanging in the balance. Don't screw up or someone dies. Usually horribly.

Yes, Opty, the extra costumes are only available after you complete the primary storyline.

A note to everyone: You can follow the storyline to the finish, watch the credits, then Bats goes back into Arkham City to tie up loose ends. It's not like Asylum where going to Joker's final challenge ends the game. You get to come back, and can dynamically swap between Catwoman and Batman to complete their various tasks.

Cybernaught, there are two kinds of sensors. Plates and buttons. Buttons are the dot in a question mark, and can be triggered by a batarang (remote-controlled or direct-thrown). Plates need weight on them, meaning you have to walk on them. I still haven't figured all those out.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I finally figured out last night that my Catwoman DLC has a bug in it. If you get the Catwoman DLC, you get to play four different levels as Catwoman. Without spoilers, the fourth takes place after the completion of the main game storyline and you have to take down 7 foes. I realized last night that there's a bug in mine that makes a new baddie appear for every one that I take down. So, rather than taking down 7 and completing the level, it never ends.

I took down 14 baddies and got frustrated so I looked it up online and, yep, it has a bug. Guess I'll have to download it again, which sucks.

But, overall incredible game. I really liked the story. They went pretty dark with it all. If you've seen any of the excellent DVD movies, I'm talking darker than "Batman: Under the Red Hood" and "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" kind of dark.

But, they left enough easter eggs throughout the game that you just KNOW there's going to be another sequel.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Turns out buttons can be triggered with explosives. Plates have to be walked on, but the plate doesn't de-press until you touch the ground. So, jumping, swinging, gliding, etc are all fair game. My aerobatics are getting pretty good. :)

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
But, overall incredible game. I really liked the story. They went pretty dark with it all. If you've seen any of the excellent DVD movies, I'm talking darker than "Batman: Under the Red Hood" and "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" kind of dark.

I LOVED Under the Red Hood! :D I haven't seen the other one, but I think it's in my Netflix queue.

Looking forward to this game even more now. Thank you!

Droood

드루우드
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I never played Arkham Asylum (but I know the story) so Arkham City was a real treat for me. Loved every minute of it.

I am a Batman fan but I have to say that I really dislike these new films. They don't feel like Batman at all for me. However, one thing that I really liked that they did in the games was mix the old with the new. For example, Two-Face is dressed like the old but has the zombie-like face of the new. I enjoy details like that. I also like how most of the inspiration came from the animated series.

The highlight for me was The Mad Hatter side mission. I read that they were going to add him into Asylum at the last minute but ended up scrapping him. I'm so glad they chose to bring him back in this. Although the encounter with him was brief, the addition of the patient interview tapes in his biography were enough to really detail him.

Status
Not open for further replies.