Discussing the Plot of My Story [check out The Sandbox forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPRFilmz

Novice Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I am a novice writer. I have never written a book before or made any attempt at writing one. For the books I plan to write, I basically have nothing in readable form. I do however, have a lot of ideas in my head.

I am wanting to get feedback on my ideas. Not anything I have in progress, just the plot.

Before I go into more detail, is this something members at AW would be willing to give feedback on? If members are just looking for work that is either in progress or is finished, then I will know not to post any of my ideas until it is at least in progress.

I do plan to actually write my ideas. My plot, I have point A and B figured out, and some of the fill in, with some possible tweaks. It is not fully developed, but mostly what is undetermined is smaller stuff. But I want to know if my ideas would appeal to others or not. People have their own fantasy world, but that doesn't mean others want to be a part of it.

I plan to post some of my work later on. For now though, I am concerned about what others think of my ideas, but also I am eager to tell others.

If I were to post my books in a summary, where would I post it? I don't think in SYW as that is Share Your 'Work'. Clearly mine is not yet work, just thoughts. But does it fall under the same category? I am looking for feedback, so would the same follow that I should post more before posting my ideas? If you feel as a newbie I shouldn't be asking for feedback so suddenly, then I can wait until the right time comes.

Thanks for any help offered.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You probably want to post in The Sandbox. It's a password protected forum for discussing plots and whatnot. The password is: vista

BPRFilmz

Novice Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! :)

I even saw that sub-forum, but clearly did not take the time to understand it. Maybe if I get familiar with the forums I won't have such bonehead questions, eh?

I'll post there, but I don't want to be too quick to ask for feedback when I really haven't done anything on AW.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can always kick around ideas in Sandbox.

You can't really post parts of your work-in-progress and ask for feedback here until you have 50 posts (which isn't hard to get if you hang around here any length of time--as you can see by my own post count).

ncpenn

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
But I want to know if my ideas would appeal to others or not. People have their own fantasy world, but that doesn't mean others want to be a part of it.

I don't mean to be overly harsh, but you need a little more self-confidence. Write it. The relative few who may or may not like your concepts won't give you a good measure on how successful your fully written piece would be.

Swtlo

Registered
Reaction score
I know what u mean bpr, I like the pat on the back and nudge in the right direction myself sometimes. A little encouragement can go a long way in keeping the drive to write something. However ncpenn in correct in that sometimes its better to just write it out and see where it goes. I'm my own experience feed back too early on can box u in. Keep u focused on an idea or concept that may naturally want to involve into something else,something better or something deeper. One author I like suggests to write out a story in a conversational way. Like an outline would be, but getting down the story without worrying about conversation or details. Write it, then flesh it out and make it live. Good luck and welcome to aw!

Status
Not open for further replies.