• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Harvey Klinger, Inc

Jordan Kane

Registered
Reaction score
Andrea's submission guidelines are to include the first five pages. I just got a very polite rejection with feedback on why she was passing, with an invitation to revise and resubmit. She was very quick and professional. I highly recommend.

Gwydion

Registered
Reaction score
I sent Andrea a query and first 5 a year ago and she got back to me pretty quickly with an R, but it was one of the nicer R's I've received. This year I sent her a new project on 5/13, she asked for a full on 6/1 and I sent it out on 6/2. No word yet but I've got my fingers crossed.
Anyone here have any idea how long she usually takes to get back to you on a full?

Captain Jack

Starving Artist and Author
Registered
Reaction score
I must have overlooked where Andrea asks for the first 5 pages. I just sent the query! OOPS!!! She did respond that she wanted to read the first 5 so if nothing else at least the query caught her eye! .... Thanks everyone in QLH !!!!

Gwydion

Registered
Reaction score
I sent Andrea a query and first 5 a year ago and she got back to me pretty quickly with an R, but it was one of the nicer R's I've received. This year I sent her a new project on 5/13, she asked for a full on 6/1 and I sent it out on 6/2. No word yet but I've got my fingers crossed.
Anyone here have any idea how long she usually takes to get back to you on a full?

Eh, I just got an R, it was a really nice R with good feedback, though.

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about David Dunton? Aside from the general stuff at the agency's site, I can't find anything!

claena

Heather Petty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
heatherwpetty.com
Anyone know anything about David Dunton? Aside from the general stuff at the agency's site, I can't find anything!

I actually queried Dunton, and got a pretty quick turn around. He said that the concept wasn't for him, but recommended that I query his wife, who works as Sterling Lord Lit. I followed his suggestion, and sure enough she requested a full the very next day.

Kind of cool.

But he was really nice and personable in my very limited exchange with him.

seeker4

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Just queried Andrea. Good to hear how quick she is!

Gwydion, she looked at your full in a day!? Wow, she is fast!

rdgore

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Andrea and got a very polite rejection in 24 hours. The rejection was personalized and she explained why she is not taking on the MS. Very professional.

You just love it when someone does that.

seeker4

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Received my rejection on the 23rd, so a few days after I queried. She also sent me a polite/personalized reason. Very nice!

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
I got a rejection from Andrea in which she says:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks for sending along the opening pages of your manuscript. Truth be told, though, I'm afraid these pages just didn't draw me in as much as I had hoped. I'm pressed for time these days and, what with my reservations about the project, I suspect I wouldn't be the best fit.

Does this sound like a form R, or should I start worrying that my first five pages are too unengaging to live up to my pitch and synopsis? :p

[/FONT]

Captain Jack

Starving Artist and Author
Registered
Reaction score
...well Lenore_X, my rejection looks just like yours!! Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent! ......

Thanks for sending along the opening pages of Grinzleville. Truth be told, though, I'm afraid these pages just didn't draw me in as much as I had hoped. I'm pressed for time these days and, what with my reservations about the project, I suspect I wouldn't be the best fit. Thanks so much for contacting me, though, and for giving me this opportunity. It's much appreciated, and I'm sorry to be passing. I wish you the very best of luck in your search for representation.

Saltier

Small towns fuel escapism
Registered
Reaction score
I would guess that's not form... I wouldn't talk about hoping to be drawn in in a form R...

Oops, just read the above post.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Somberg on a Saturday evening, and got a very polite personal rejection on Monday morning. She said the story just didn't draw her in the way she'd hoped. Time to add a few explosions to the first chapter. Or make the night darker and stormier. Seriously though, I truly appreciated the warm, encouraging response, even if it was a no.

Clone-don't touch a thing. This is Somberg's boiler plate rejection letter. Check out QueryTracker and you'll see all of the letters she sends. It's really helpful because it looks like a personalized R, but isn't. :)

still alive

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
MNgal, I know this is an admission of being a computer illiterate, maybe, but how do you access things on QueryTracker that are as interesting an agent's boiler plate rejections?I can only get the ordinary info.
Thanks
Still Aive

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone query her lately? I sent my query and she sent requesting the first five pages (missed that is her standard on the website). Sent those two weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. In this buz no news is not good news. =*)

Rexwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I sent her a query a two weeks ago too and I haven't heard back yet either. Maybe she's just busy with other things. I have to admit it makes me feel better knowing that someone else has waited a few weeks too. She seems to respond really quickly usually.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting isn't great. I have my query out to 5 (i never send out more than that at a time) and I haven't gotten anything back from ANY of them in 3 weeks. That is not a good sign. Not even a form rejection? Something is strange here. !!

I sent her a query a two weeks ago too and I haven't heard back yet either. Maybe she's just busy with other things. I have to admit it makes me feel better knowing that someone else has waited a few weeks too. She seems to respond really quickly usually.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I sent an e-query at the end of June, nudged at the end of August (about a week ago), and still haven't heard anything back. From the looks of it, she responds to all queries, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Might be a case of e-mail gremlins...

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Just queried Andrea yesterday - will update if and when I hear anything more :)

bluehippo

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her on 27/07/09 and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll let you know if I get a response and how long it took. At the moment though it's nearly six weeks, so not quite as long as you Krista G. I might wait another two weeks and then resend it with a note.

Rexwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard back from Andrea today after I let her know I had an offer of representation from another agent (YAY!). She said she didn't have a record of my original query or sample pages and that she was worried that her email program was dropping some queries. I sent my original query at the end of July. So if you haven't heard back from her in a month or more I would resend.

bluehippo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanx for that Rexwriter and congrats on the offer.