• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Harvey Klinger, Inc

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Harvey Klinger asked for my first three chapters about three weeks ago. One of the best agencies around. He read my earlier novel: He asked for a partial and then the rest, but ultimately turned it down. I hope that doesn't happen with this one...

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know Sara's usual response time for a query? She's one of my top choices, and she's had my query letter for about 10 weeks now. Does she respond to queries she's not interested in?

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Sara Crowe turned me down after about a month. I don't know if that's usual or not. I've queried Andrea Somberg, now, because I really do think she's a better fit for me and my book.

Chalula88

Registered
Reaction score
I just e-queried her yesterday night and I'm anxious to hear back. I feel like my book is a good fit for her and she is one of my top choices.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Harvey Klinger is one of the top agencies in the country. He sells about eight novels a month and for some pretty hefty advances. He has a partial of mine and my fingers are crossed daily that he wants to see the rest.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Nikki Van De Car of Harvey klinger requested a partial from my query the day after I sent it. She rejected the book the following week. If I didn't already have an agent for my second novel, I wouldn't hesitate to try them again. They have an excellent reputation.

Chalula88

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a rejection from Sara Crowe this morning.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
This agent is extremely well-mannered! I sent her a query and she requested the first few pages of my ms within 24 hrs. She ultimately passed on my work, but she was very classy about it and even responded twice to my subsequent inquiries. ;)

Agreed! I received a very gracious decline for my MS but I was very appreciative for her personal attention and feedback for my submission. :)

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
Finally heard back from Andrea a few minutes ago. Once again, still amazingly impressed with her. Sadly, she chose to pass on the manuscript. She did so with a rejection that left me wanting her even more than I already had.

Koobie

Super Duper Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tyrovogel.com
I wonder if mods would maybe make a Writer Beware's 20 Best Agents thread sticky sometime. It'll definitely be of help! Either way, it's nice to know there are people who really know what they're doing out there. :)

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think they can, because the best agent for you is very individualized (and also may vary depending on your genre)...it's a nice idea, though, isn't it?

mizery_chik

If it helps, Adrea emailed me the other day to kindly remind me to attatch the first five pages with my query (I forgot to do that when I had originally sent the letter). A lot of agents wouldn't bother doing that; so it shows the agents are professional and caring about the writers.

Spiny Norman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shufflingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Andrea was my first full request, ever. Though that book fell through, I queried her on my second. She remembered me by name, said it was good to hear from me, but said she passed.

I just got a request from Sara Crowe yesterday, and sent her the full. It matches pretty well with another one of her sales, so fingers crossed.

williamfromkc

I'm keeping my day job
Registered
Reaction score
Harvey Klinger looks top tier to me. I would love to have that firm representing my ms.

Last edited:

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Andrea Somberg sent me the nicest rejection ever. Ever. It was something on the order of "This isn't the kind of thing I represent, but it's absolutely the kind of thing I love to read. Do let me know when it comes out!" Sweet.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Sara Crowe is an absolute sweetheart. She requested a full of one of my ms and rejected me very quickly with one of those "So so close" letters. I immediately asked her if she liked to see another manuscript, and she said yes, very enthusiastically. She just got married, and she came back to work on Thursday. I'm looking forward to hear from her...

Hopcus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiahopcus.com
Sara Crowe is an absolute sweetheart. She requested a full of one of my ms and rejected me very quickly with one of those "So so close" letters. I immediately asked her if she liked to see another manuscript, and she said yes, very enthusiastically. She just got married, and she came back to work on Thursday. I'm looking forward to hear from her...

How quickly is very quickly? My full has only been with her a few weeks but I was wanting to get a feel for a usual response time from her.