• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Harvey Klinger, Inc

HoneyBadger

terribly loud, emotionally distant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Congrats!

Form Q'd Andrea 4/1, partial request today.

Form R 4/4

S'all good, though. I'm killing it in general.

Last edited:

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Congrats to Libbie and HoneyBadger on the requests!

Does anyone know about Sara Crowe's response time on requested material? I've had a partial out for about 6 weeks and am settling in for a longer wait, but was curious to see if anyone has had contact with her lately on partials/fulls. Thanks :)

HoneyBadger

terribly loud, emotionally distant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Congrats to Libbie and HoneyBadger on the requests!

Does anyone know about Sara Crowe's response time on requested material? I've had a partial out for about 6 weeks and am settling in for a longer wait, but was curious to see if anyone has had contact with her lately on partials/fulls. Thanks :)

QT says (and it's soooo worth the $25 a year for the fancy reports):

18 days average response on a partial, but up to 3 months, so you might be safe nudging now.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score

My turn-around from Sara was a little less than two months!

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, party people! It's only been ten days for me (seems like much longer!) so I guess I'm still too early to poke Harvey with an e-stick. I probably won't poke at all. That's usually how I roll.

Pearl

Registered
Reaction score
Got a rejection from Sara Crowe. But at least she was quick and it was a personal response, not an automative one. That I appreciate.

Sara007

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for spreading the word, Krista G! Would love to enter but my MS's genre isn't eligible. Looks really fun though. What a great idea!

I know this is kind of last-minute, but several other bloggers and I are hosting a multi-blog, multi-agent contest this month called "The Writer's Voice." Andrea Somberg will be one of the judges, so if you'd like to get your query and first page in front of her and several other agents at once, you might think about entering. We're accepting entries tomorrow, May 3, at 9:00 a.m. or 9:00 p.m. EDT.

Submission guidelines here: http://www.motherwrite.blogspot.com/2012/05/writers-voice-submission-guidelines.html

Sara007

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Libbie! They look like a great agency. I'm getting ready to query Andrea.

Good luck, party people! It's only been ten days for me (seems like much longer!) so I guess I'm still too early to poke Harvey with an e-stick. I probably won't poke at all. That's usually how I roll.

Sara007

Registered
Reaction score
EQ to Andrea Somberg on 5-2-12

Very nice, polite rejection 5-3-12. I think it was a form R, but it was still nice.

Yay for quick response times (and politeness)! :)

Paula

Registered
Reaction score
Just want to share my experience with Andrea Somberg. I queried her at HK, and she was the first person to ask me for pages. It got me super excited, but in the end, she declined. Despite that, I enjoyed my interaction with her. She was very approachable and very nice. You felt like you were talking to someone you know, not somebody you have to call "Miss/Madam". I even asked her for a feedback as to why she declined and she took the time to write a small note note. In the end, the voice just wasn't what she was looking for. But she did encourage me to keep searching for representation, because this market is super subjective. I really appreciate it when agents tell us to keep looking, even if it it's in a form rejection. You feel a little bit encouraged. Specially when they actually take the time to answer and don't just send "This is not for me." Andrea seems like a delightful person.

TheCakeNovelist

Magically delicious
Registered
Reaction score
Seems like there is a lot of good feedback for this agency, I'm getting ready to query Andrea now, she sounds great!

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Does this firm now require emailed queries to be via their online form or is a regular email okay?

If it makes any difference, Harvey Klinger requested my partial some time ago. That led to an R. But I rewrote and he asked to see the full. He said it was better, but still an R. Now I have a more comprehensive rewrite (some time has passed -- I don't know if he would remember me).

So do I contact him using the form or as a reply to our last correspondence? I'd like to include some pages with my requery as well.

I guess another alternative is snail mail :Shrug:

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
Andrea's my agent and she's wonderful! Very kind, very professional, and also quick to answer any questions I have or e-mails I send. I would definitely recommend her!

Hathor - I've never heard of them requiring anything other than regular e-mail. I think responding to your most recent correspondence, as long as it's the same project, would be fine.

Morgan

That quirky girl
Registered
Reaction score
I queried andrea and she sent me a personal rejection, it sounded like she was ALMOST interested but not enough and passed, should I revise the beginning and requery her?

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I queried andrea and she sent me a personal rejection, it sounded like she was ALMOST interested but not enough and passed, should I revise the beginning and requery her?

If she didn't specifically tell you to revise and re-query, the answer is, generally, don't re query. If they were interested enough in the potential, they would have asked for a revision. (just my 2 cents)

Last edited by a moderator:

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
I'd also advise against it. One thing about Andrea - she writes the nicest rejection letters in the business. If she wanted you to revise and resubmit, she would've specifically asked.

Marniy

Tastes like happy
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya!
I sent my query to Andrea on August 14th and got the request for the five pages on 8/26.

From reading these posts, she sounds really nice. My fingers are crossed.

Last edited: