Brattleboro Literary Festival 2011

Ganesha

con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
robynflatley.blogspot.com
not sure if this is where to post? if it's not please redirect me. One of many writers featured. We get Tropical storm Irene we get Julia Alvarez too. happy, lord yes I'm happy.
http://brattleboroliteraryfestival.org/authors/

Julia Alvarez is the author of five books of fiction, including How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents and In the Time of the Butterflies, as well as a book of essays, five collections of poetry, and work for younger readers, including Return to Sender and the Tia Lola stories. Her honors include being a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award, winning the F. Scott Fitzgerald Award for Outstanding Achievement in American Literature, and being named Latina Magazine’s “Woman of the Year.” She lives in Vermont, where she is a writer-in-residence at Middlebury College.

donatos

Registered
Reaction score
Brattleboro's a lovely city that I fell in love with immediately when I visited it this summer. I wish I could attend.

I was in Ludlow this June and first half of July and got out right before the floods. I hope it didn't scar Brattleboro up too much.

Ganesha

con·ver·sa·tion·al·ist
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
robynflatley.blogspot.com
Well the festival was awesome. I will mention certain authors but I 'd love to know what made you fall in love with Brattleboro?
I love this town so much I won't leave. I think it's the Geomancy ( Greek: γεωμαντεία, "earth divination")
well, maybe the people as well.
s-m-i-l-e

donatos

Registered
Reaction score
Well the festival was awesome. I will mention certain authors but I 'd love to know what made you fall in love with Brattleboro?
I love this town so much I won't leave. I think it's the Geomancy ( Greek: γεωμαντεία, "earth divination")
s-m-i-l-e

Sorry, haven't visited the forum in awhile. So long time in answering. As you said, it's just how you have this beautiful little town surrounded by gorgeous mountains. Then there's the bohemian element of the town as well. Sometimes I pass through a town and say to myself "I can totally live here," and the fantasy of that other life is very powerful. It was like that with Brattleboro.

Deleted member 42

s-m-i-l-e

I love the library there. I grew up in Keene and Westmoreland N.H., right across the river from Brattleboro.

donatos

Registered
Reaction score
I love the library there. I grew up in Keene and Westmoreland N.H., right across the river from Brattleboro.

Keene's a great town. The Borders there is where I went last summer for book shopping.